Whats Current Sailaway Menu?

andynalex66

Hey All, Just wondering if anyone knows that the current sail away menu is for Ruby Princess?

Are you talking about the MDR menu for that first day? I haven't thought about it. It's not a formal night as some passengers may not have their luggage yet. When are you sailing the Ruby?

Lunch or dinner?

Dinner could be answered by someone who has sailed recently.

Lunch is almost always the same menu:

beef tenderloin

a pasta dish (ravioli?)

salmon

etc.

We were on the Pacific a couple of months ago and the lunch was a completely different menu and not very good IMHO

We just sailed on the Star and it was the menu I had seen others posted with bay shrimp and avocado salad app, burger, salmon, beef loin, chicken entrees and Grand Marnier souffle for dessert. It was by far our worst meal of the cruise except the souffle was amazing. The shrimp app was good too if you like that type of thing.

We just sailed on the Star and it was the menu I had seen others posted with bay shrimp and avocado salad app, burger, salmon, beef loin, chicken entrees and Grand Marnier souffle for dessert. It was by far our worst meal of the cruise except the souffle was amazing. The shrimp app was good too if you like that type of thing.

That's too bad. We generally find the salmon to be the best served on the cruise.

That's not a common opinion on these boards. ;) The sail away lunch, especially the salmon is very popular and I agree. :)

I love that sort of thing. Best thing on the lunch menu. Isn't prime rib always on the first dinner menu of the cruise?

I love that sort of thing. Best thing on the lunch menu. Isn't prime rib always on the first dinner menu of the cruise?

Lunch on the Ruby in January....

Tuscan bean soup

16236344048_2aab04915a_c.jpg[/url]

Bay shrimp and avocado

16236593070_a81d8d890c_c.jpg

Beef tenderloin, oven roasted red potatoes and broccoli

16237765119_d6e46d3de2_c.jpg

Spinach and Ricotta ravioli (after some had already been savored)

16238097397_f58c01d284_c.jpg

For desert I had a fantastic Orange Souffle (captured on video only)

I remarked (and got an Amen) that the food was maybe the best cooking we had experienced to date on Princess-and we are very impressed by the kitchens.

Norris, rushing to the MDR after boarding

That's too bad. We generally find the salmon to be the best served on the cruise.

That's not a common opinion on these boards. ;) The sail away lunch, especially the salmon is very popular and I agree. :)

I can honestly say we have never had a bad salmon, especially embarkation lunch. I love it. :D

Ok. That settles it. I am getting the salmon. I don't know why, but I have never had Princess' salmon.

It's good. It is one of my "Always Available" choices on the dinner menu when there is nothing else that appeals to me.

Isn't grass fed beef healthier and more flavorful?

Not necessarily. Grass fed beef is leaner, so more healthy, but tends to be a bit drier and less juicy. Corn fed beef tends to be better marbled, as in more fat streaks to flavor the meat and make it juicy, but it is not so healthy.

Angus is generally the best marbled even when grass fed. Hereford is leaner.

So, its like the Thanksgiving mashed potatos with all the butter and cream and sour cream all mixed in. Absolutely marvelous, but we only have it on holidays. We don't have steak much at home, but on the cruises we splurge because its a holiday.

Are you talking about the MDR menu for that first day? I haven't thought about it. It's not a formal night as some passengers may not have their luggage yet. When are you sailing the Ruby?

I was talking about the MDR menu and was thinking more supper hadn't even considered lunch :)We are just doing the 1 day. So don't get much time to enjoy the dining room.

Another reason to get there early for lunch. The DR is open from Noon-1:30. :D

Lol yeah we normally forget that part! We Love the ships with Alfredo's its a great time to hit it on embarkation day. sad that ruby doesn't have one but will for sure be getting as much dining room time and spoiling in as we can. Thanks everyone so much for your feedback.

We have sailed twice this year and while the soup listings had some differences, the sail away menus were consistent, listing three appetizers as: red snapper mojito; vegetable spring rolls and fresh fruit of cantaloupe, honey dew and watermelon, I think this was served with a red wine reduction.

There are three soups (a broth, a cream of...and a frozen or cold soup) and a watercress, ice burg and radish salad.

The pasta was conchiglic ala campagnola (broccoli, capers and olives).

Main course: seared Basa filet, Luau pork, cognac flamed crawfish étouffée, prime rib, Texas chilli and a vegetarian dish of either spinach flan or leek and ricotta cheese tart.

And of course there is the "always available" side of the menu. Hope this was helpful.

We have sailed twice this year and while the soup listings had some differences, the sail away menus were consistent, listing three appetizers as: red snapper mojito; vegetable spring rolls and fresh fruit of cantaloupe, honey dew and watermelon, I think this was served with a red wine reduction.

There are three soups (a broth, a cream of...and a frozen or cold soup) and a watercress, ice burg and radish salad.

The pasta was conchiglic ala campagnola (broccoli, capers and olives).

Main course: seared Basa filet, Luau pork, cognac flamed crawfish étouffée, prime rib, Texas chilli and a vegetarian dish of either spinach flan or leek and ricotta cheese tart.

And of course there is the "always available" side of the menu. Hope this was helpful.

Very helpful. Thank you. 40 more days...