Gilchrist & Soames S&C

I think Royal Caribbean should give these upgraded amenities to Platinum and above Crown and Anchor Members in their staterooms or just upgrade every stateroom and give Body Wash, Shampoo, Conditioner and Lotion for every stateroom.

I wonder what is the cheap stuff Royal gives in the staterooms that barely works? I mean good hotels provide Bath and Body Works etc. How come Royal Caribbean can't even provide better products when they can buy them in bulk and perhaps even as a promotion for the company?

Edited by travelplus

Are these in the jr suites also?

I'm not sure if we had G&S brand in our jr. suite last year, but we did have tubes of an upgraded shampoo and conditioner rather than just the dispenser in the shower. Don't remember the brand, but I don't think it was G&S.

I got G&S hair items in a Birchbox about a year ago and thought they were awful. But I typical use Living Proof and Pureology hair products, so the G&S may just not work for me in comparison to those.

I wonder what is the cheap stuff Royal gives in the staterooms that barely works? I mean good hotels provide Bath and Body Works etc. How come Royal Caribbean can't even provide better products when they can buy them in bulk and perhaps even as a promotion for the company?

Define "good hotels". Basic accommodations on Royal are not on par with "good hotels". Basic accommodations are just that- BASIC.

Grand Suites and higher and high level D+/Pinnacle passengers get the G&S toiletries. JS, lower D+ (and I think D) have been getting Vitality brand but I've seen a new white tube on a couple of ships since Quantum debuted, so perhaps that brand is being phased out.

As for the quality, it's ok, but if you have "difficult" hair, I'd still bring your own. I bring a 1.5oz of shampoo and 2oz of conditioner for -10 days and it lasts fine - you need less than you think. I don't care for the scent but it's not overpowering.

Not normally, but you are entitled to upgraded amenities if you have 340 points or more.

I wonder if they really keep track of the points? We've had the Vitality products on our last few cruises, although we were in Jr. Suites, on the very last cruise we were in a balcony cabin, and we received them then also--I assumed it was a D+ perk--didn't realize you were supposed to have 340 points! Thanks, Bob...You learn something new every day around here! :)

Edited by niksmom630