Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Terry.... If I didn't know better, I would say that the above was a little bit gloaty.

specialcruisegirl: Jeff....Such lovely words for Spins...who I'm sure is feeling pretty low right now with Bromley. It happens to us all and it's heartbreaking.

Sorry to hear on Bromley for Candy and family. Lots of catching up to do. Just got back last night from being on the road with our grandsons' date=' etc., in Charlottesville, Virginia, for Thanksgiving and then a couple days in the Washington, DC, area. [b']Lots of visual images to share[/b], including from George Washington's Mt. Vernon, ballet at Kennedy Center, etc.

YES, mysty, there is great happiness in Ohio that our football team not only beat Michigan, but actually pounded "that team up north" fairly hard and in a convincing manner. Here are some added facts on that game Saturday: It was a season-high attendance of 111,829 at Michigan Stadium. Good? Does the UK and/or Europe have any better stadiums and/or crowds? According to a Sunday ESPN release, "The Game" drew a 7.8 overnight rating, making it the highest-rated game of the college football weekend and the second-highest rating of the season across all networks. It was also the highest-rated noon college football game ever since records began in 2004. The only game to draw a higher overnight rating in 2015 is Ohio State's home game against Michigan State last weekend. ESPN called the game a "rout". ESPN also noted: "As a team, Ohio State ran for 369 yards against a defense that entered the game fourth in the FBS against the run (100.2 YPG allowed)."

Another story summarized: "Ohio State-Michigan is still the best rivalry in all of sports. The Urban Meyer-Jim Harbaugh era of The Game started with a bang, as Ohio State and Michigan entered as top 10 teams in the College Football Playoff poll." From USA Today: This was "Ohio State's fourth consecutive victory over Michigan (and 11 of the last 12)". Just sharing the facts as reported by others. Is that doing well against Michigan?

Much more later. Got lots of catching up to do right now from being gone.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 127,436 views for this posting.

Our four legged pals are very special and give unconditional love....also relying on us to take care of them.

So keep on in there Spins...you are doing everything just right for Bromley...[emoji4] Sophia

Appreciate these true and wise words about our loving dogs from Sophia. I went last night to pick up our Roxie and Rudy. Good to have them both back home. Roxie, with her white coloring coming in on this Black Lab, is age 12 and has had a number of serious (and costly) health challenges during this past year. Rudy, the Yellow Lab, is only age nine.

Speaking of love, below are a couple of quick visual updates on our two grandsons. Their growth and development continues to amaze. Much to be thankful for during this holiday period. We are blessed!!

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 189,468 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here are our two loving Labs, Rudy and Roxie, from an outing earlier this fall. Sorry for my wife's feet showing, but want to highlight the dogs.:

Nov2015PixsA6_zpsp4dlzb87.jpg

Here are two quick visuals of our two grandsons, ages five and three, playing over the Thanksgiving holiday period. It was super nice and sunny for this wonderful period in scenic and historic Charlottesville, Va.:

Nov2015PixsA7_zpsep1qgezb.jpg

Nov2015PixsA8_zpsynrj3g6u.jpg

Beautiful dogs and kids Terry! And your wife's feet are lovely too! No need to apologize for them!

Appreciate mysty's nice and kind comments on our dogs and grandsons. BUT, I should be showing my wife's face, not her feet. BUT, it is hard to get in BOTH her AND the dogs. Below is one picture with my wife and the grandsons running while in Charlottesville.

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 32,823 views for these postings.

Enjoying the sunny, nice weather in central Virginia over the Thanksgiving holiday period with our grandsons, my wife, etc.:

Nov2015PixsA15_zpskuxfkrfj.jpg

Appreciate everyone's patience and interest with all of our varied sights, pictures and experiences. From being in and around Washington, DC, on Friday and Saturday, here are "eye-candy" examples. Anybody having visited here?

This is a sampling for the Kennedy Center and the The Joffrey Ballet's "The Nutcracker" on Saturday, November 28, 2015. This was Robert Joffrey's staging of the perennial classic with larger-than-life Victorian America scenery and costumes, Tchaikovsky's beloved score and invigorating dancing, as they say, "that could only be found in a dream.". We had nice ninth-row, near-center, on-the-aisle seats that added to the excitement and joy for the season. This coming Sunday in the same 2,300-seat Opera House where we were at, the Kennedy Center Honors program will be done with the President and others honoring Carole King, George Lucas, Rita Moreno, Seiji Ozawa and Cicely Tyson. The CBS-TV show from this Sunday's Honors will air nationally right after Christmas.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 127,436 views for this posting.

The Kennedy Center is a performing arts center located on the Potomac River, adjacent to the Watergate complex in Washington, D.C., that opened in 1971. It has three main theaters, plus other spaces and facilities. My first picture shows a portion of that 630-foot-long, 63-foot-high Grand Foyer, with 16 hand-blown Orrefors crystal chandeliers that were a gift from Sweden. This foyer has its red carpet and large windows to the Potomac. Second is one of the music performances offered free in that space prior to the ballet performance. Third is large, contemporary bust of John F. Kennedy in this long foyer. Fourth is the "Hall of Nations" with a photo display about the Civil Right era. Fifth is the large orchestra pit inside the Kennedy Center Opera House as the musicians were preparing to perform Tchaikovsky's great Nutcracker score. The distinctive red and gold silk curtain shown was given by the Japanese government. Finally, here is a small sampling for the dancers and the stage settings for this famed ballet.:

Nov2015PixsA9_zpsjwnemcga.jpg

Nov2015PixsA14_zpsnjbkwqcw.jpg

Nov2015PixsA13_zpsaucmkork.jpg

Nov2015PixsA12_zps1mqoqu2x.jpg

Nov2015PixsA11_zpsdmyyh4lo.jpg

Nov2015PixsA10_zpslaue0fvx.jpg

Five weeks exactly to lift off! :) Things seem to be falling into place so far. And bonus, Myster has agreed to take the dance lessons if they are offered. I love to dance and him not so much. However, the compromise is that he will not be required to dine in the MDR for every formal night and in return I get the dance lessons. Fair deal I think!

You are right spinnaker2, I did win the deal! :) But keep that under your hat! He thinks he is coming out ahead. He really doesn't like formal! I don't know if either of us could do the hustle now. More like the shuffle! Ha Ha!

And another challenge for us will be meeting people. We usually travel with another couple who won't be going with us this time. We won't know anyone on this trip. We've only sailed once before with SS and our travel buddies were with us so we didn't really meet other passengers on that cruise. We'll have to polish up on our social skills before we leave. I've signed us up for M&Ms. Hopefully we will fit in OK. :)

You can tell Myster from me, that he is a traitor and has really let us blokes down. Learning to dance is something he should not have been bullied into.

The correct approach would have done the first MDR and done a Ruprecht with his fork and then ask to go to the toilet. That would have got him off duty for the rest of the cruise and confied to barracks just like he needed. He needs lessons.

:)

Jeff

You can tell Myster from me, that he is a traitor and has really let us blokes down. Learning to dance is something he should not have been bullied into.

The correct approach would have done the first MDR and done a Ruprecht with his fork and then ask to go to the toilet. That would have got him off duty for the rest of the cruise and confied to barracks just like he needed. He needs lessons.

:)

Jeff

Seriously J, do you really think I would tell Myster about this particular comment? Not going to happen! And it was not bullying....it was contract negotiation. He settled a lot earlier than I was anticipating. I did not need to bring out the heavy weaponry. I had to look up the "Ruprecht with his fork" reference. Having done that, your suggestion would have resulted in him being excused from further MDR excursions, however, that would not have helped us win friends. So no lessons of that nature please. :)

I think the tiara is ok in the plane though.

Leave sceptre at home, along with the mace.

Could get a gal in hot water with tasa.

Indeed spinnaker2. Words of wisdom there! Hold the spectre, hold the mace! I will prolly stow the tiara as it would make quite the din going through the scanner. I will err on the side of caution. :)

It's also one of my favourite films of which you never tire. Was filmed around Villefranche and Beulieu Sur Mer.

It never occurred to me that americans call the period "Victorian" .... but I do hope Terry posts a picture of him with Caole King who I absolutely worship as one of the largest musical talents of the 20th Century. She wasn't just a troubadour but wrote so much stuff most never knew was written by her. One of my dreams was to say hello to her one day but it will never be, and if it did I would go completely dumb and stupid and make a fool of myself.

Jeff