Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Keith... Even worse. Mich QB injured. 35 to 10

Above is what Spins posted on another SS Board. Is Candy surviving? Taking a drink or two? Am watching the finish of this Ohio State at Michigan game. It is OSU ahead 42-13 with a little less than two minutes to play. No gloating!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 126,753 views for this posting.

Good Morning Fellow Coolers! Another crispy day today. The start of many more and crispier days to come.

Terry.... If I didn't know better, I would say that the above was a little bit gloaty. :eek:

Our youthful new Prime Minister is making his way onto the world stage. He got the chance to meet Queen Elizabeth II and by all accounts, she quite liked him. :) Here is a link to a story posted about their meeting.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2015/11/28/22577897.html

Enjoy your day all!

Morning all.

Another day.

Yesterday was chaos here with four dogs, including a puppy who was out of control, the senior dowager and two other dogs.

Between the football games hysteria and dogs underfoot, it was quite a day.

One dog tossed her cookies, and there was another accident.

The memories of the very recent cruise have all but evaporated.

Hope all are well.

Looking forward to some food photos.

Good afternoon all ... a wet and windy England .... and our boy Hamilton has just once again come in second place at the last F1 of the season.

We just cancelled our largely freeby inaugaral British Airways Heathrow to to Salzburg next week as we are told by our friends in Salzburg that our small number of hours there might have been rendered finally terminally problematic for a number of new conspiring factors. It was intended to be there and back in less than 24 hours just ofr a jug of punch or three and some nuts and a Bosna and a Nockerl which we'd yearning for.

bosna2.jpg

blog-sn-625x435.jpg

We'd planned to go next Saturday and take the Sunday flight back and had planned to go from the airport straight to the Christmas Markets for some punch and nuts and then on to take the suite I'd booked. And then in the morning back to the markets with our back pack for some more and then straight back to the airport. It was already tight timings with an afternoon flight out and the inaugaral and potential and likely delays and as the markets close early (Austria :rolleyes: ) and wanted to head straight there and now now our friends in Saltzburg tell us that the security are trying to stop backbacks going into the markets .... and that means we've given up.

Spins want's food piccies and today was grilled lamb with salad and baked potato and a Box of Red. Lovely to BBQ whilst it's wet and windy out.

Spin, sorry to hear of the receding memories. It is rotten when the magic starts to melt away.

Jeff

5C76B5EE-CDF1-43EE-939E-DFA41ED1A89A.jpg

7ECA17E2-137C-4186-9C78-FE488D88AD1F.jpg

F92F28D9-FB6E-4031-8B8E-D93BEBE8BE48.jpg

GB has just won the Davis Cup!!!!

Those lamb chops look divine, Jeff. I have got to a stage in life when I think I prefer simple but lovely quality food to anything too 'dressed up'.

Very windy and wet here today, absolutely horrid, and going dark already at 4 p.m. Would be lovely to be somewhere warm with blue skies, even if just for a few hours.

Regards to all Coolers, and their dogs,

Lola

Thanks all,

Those lamb chops look divine, Jeff. I have got to a stage in life when I think I prefer simple but lovely quality food to anything too 'dressed up'.

Lola

Thanks,

I wish we could get breast of lamb for me to stuff with sage and onion stuffing. We use to eat it when we were starting off and very short of cash. Only seems to be sold in buthcers now and in our area they have become so gentrified the price would make it daft. Same with pork knuckles which we can't get.

Jeff

...Same with pork knuckles which we can't get.

Jeff

Schweinshaxe!! Yum. If only I could find some to cook at home I would be very happy too.

Bummer about Salzburg! That would be fun for a day. Hoping we can get there in April at the end of our Danube cruise.

It's been a little busy around here this past week so sorry for not keeping up with everything around the cooler.

We worked extra this past week; on call most every night and both of us worked the Thanksgiving holiday. I was off yesterday and finished winterizing around the house, and we bought a Christmas tree which we'll try to decorate some tonight. I am amazed by the amount of cargo space in the S7. With the rear seats folded down, the whole tree fit right into the car. Easiest tree transport ever!

We both worked today; I didn't get home until almost 4:00. Luckily we still had a half of the roasted chicken from Thanksgiving dinner that we could heat up for a fast dinner. Chris made some boiled potatoes and a delicious dill sauce that went over everything. Yum!

The old cat is seemingly back to normal. I stopped giving her the appetite stimulant pill after the second dose, because I was afraid she was going to gnaw a limb off of one of us while we were sleeping. She is back to parking herself next to the dinner table and shamelessly begging for food. Good to see!

Hopefully this upcoming week will be a little more relaxing, then we head to Florida for the week for a conference. Less than 4 weeks to Barcelona!

Hope everyone's week goes well.

Edited by jpalbny

Canada plays football as well as hockey. Many of the players come from the US. Our season finale is called the Grey Cup. It is being played in Winnipeg, Manitoba right now in frigid temperatures. Our home team the RedBlacks is behind 17-16 to the Edmonton Eskimos at the half after an early lead. The Eskimos are favoured.

JP, glad le chat is better.

I recently learned about pet hospice consults in home.

As I was one of founders of hospice in our town for people, I was glad to learn the concept is in use for pets.

I was disappointed that it seems to be franchised? In any case I have learned so much taking care of dowager dog on my own, it's good to know that there is a body of knowledge that is shared.

My vet was not very helpful with suggestions for palliative care on the continuum of end of life other than meds, and there is so much else that can be done.

I know people may think me daft as this is a dog but I intend to care for her until she tells me her quality of life is not there.

Hope all coolers are enjoying Monday, and cyber Monday.

It used to be the Rough Riders years and years ago Mark. To quote Wikipedia "The Ottawa Rough Riders were a Canadian Football League team based in Ottawa, Ontario, founded in 1876. Formerly one of the oldest and longest lived professional sports teams in North America, the Rough Riders won the Grey Cup championship nine times. Their most dominant era was the 1960s and 1970s, a period in which they won five Grey Cups. The team's fortunes waned in the 1980s and 1990s and they ultimately ceased operations following the 1996 season. Five years later, a new CFL team known as the Ottawa Renegades was founded, though they suspended operations in 2006. The Ottawa Redblacks, who own the Rough Riders intellectual properties, joined the league in 2014."

And we lost to the Eskimos last night. :(

Morning Fellow Coolers!

Spinnaker2.... I don't think there is anything daft about taking care of a loved one (the number of legs does not come into it). It's good that you took a break for yourself though. Constant care takes a toll on the caregiver.

Enjoy your day all!

JP, glad le chat is better.

I recently learned about pet hospice consults in home.

As I was one of founders of hospice in our town for people, I was glad to learn the concept is in use for pets.

I was disappointed that it seems to be franchised? In any case I have learned so much taking care of dowager dog on my own, it's good to know that there is a body of knowledge that is shared.

My vet was not very helpful with suggestions for palliative care on the continuum of end of life other than meds, and there is so much else that can be done.

I know people may think me daft as this is a dog but I intend to care for her until she tells me her quality of life is not there.

Hope all coolers are enjoying Monday, and cyber Monday.

Spins, many of us are fortunate enough in life to have been able to count amongst our very best friends our dogs. I'd like to remind you that you are not alone, and many of us understand perfectly. You may remember our discussion about this in September last year.

You will recall we had Bob and Ben (two cocker spaniels one Blue Roan and one Black both born on the same day to different litters and we bought them as two "brothers in crime". Bob was the mischievous and adopted me and Ben was more a ladies dog and didn't really bother too much about me. I certainly understand.

When Bob was my dog and Ben wasn't and I lost Bob, and Ben then immeiately looked at my very unhappy face on the day Bob had to be put to sleep and he adopted me we became very close. Ben, looked at me come back through the front door and looked for Bob, who of course wasn't there. I sat on the floor with Bob's lead and Ben, for the very first time , came over sat in my lap, stared at my face and licked me all over and simply lay in my lap. He never really then left it. It was as though he knew that I'd just lost Bob and he decided to adopt me. From then on he filled Bob's space and looked after me. He ceased to be my daughters and my wife's dog .. but he most definitely decided he needed to look after me.

Ben after a further couple of years developed cancer and the vet said you can put him down now or I can give him a month or two or three more with some magic drugs the only problem being that it would cost you around £1k per month ...

Wifey and I established that the drug wouldn't upset him and we were fortunate to be able to do so. He immediatley bucked up and seemed renewed and we had five more precious months with us and towards the end I having to carry him everywhere with him licking my face as we progressed. People though it very strange with the bloke acting as dog carrier. The final day did eventually come when he looked up at me and I knew he was saying, "enough is enough now ... thanks ... but .... now is the time". There isn't a day I don't think of them both.

We will always be in their debt. So buck up Spins and just hang in there. In the end Brom just needs you strong. :)

Jeff

Hello All.....

Jeff....Such lovely words for Spins...who I'm sure is feeling pretty low right now with Bromley. It happens to us all and it's heartbreaking.

When DH passed away our dog T Bone became my best friend and never let me out of his sight...l adored him but just a year later could see him struggling with everything. Around that time an opportunity arose for me to choose a puppy from a friends litter, a little black lab cross border collie.....I asked my friend if l could just have pup for the afternoon to see how he got along with T.....they immediately clicked and T Bone became mentor! Just two months later...and on my birthday T laid down in the hall and passed away....he was due to go into the vet that morning for tests but didn't make it. Even though pup was young he right away knew that l was hurting and filled that void. He's turned out to be a wonderful dog and is now my very best friend and companion. I still have T Bone's ashes here and think about him often and know that he passed on his love and devotion to my little fella, Henry.

Our four legged pals are very special and give unconditional love....also relying on us to take care of them.

So keep on in there Spins...you are doing everything just right for Bromley...[emoji4]

If our Jeff would be so kind...I'll send him a pic of my baby to post....

It's a horrid rainy and windy Monday here in Wales....trimming up is almost finished....it's starting to look a bit like Christmas......even though at times its Bah Humbug[emoji6]

Sophia [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a non-dog owner or particularly dog lover, I feel I can be quite impartial in saying that I for one would enjoy seeing some more piccies of people's pets, especially if they are as fetching as Sophia's Henry. Apart from heavenly scenery, sunsets and food, these would enhance enjoyment of looking at the Cooler.

Lola