Not a coffee card question

iceleven

I read a while back that there was a bar(s) that served "real" brewed coffee on the Grand Princess. Does anyone remember where that was and the name of the bar? I always purchase a coffee card but sometimes just want a brewed cup instead of going down to the IC.

I read a while back that there was a bar(s) that served "real" brewed coffee on the Grand Princess. Does anyone remember where that was and the name of the bar? I always purchase a coffee card but sometimes just want a brewed cup instead of going down to the IC.

That would be good to know.

Brewed Coffee is available on Deck 5 in the Piazza at the Espresso Bar, or you can sit at the Lobby bar right there and order it. There is a charge if you do not have a current coffee card. Look around once on board Princess may have added additional venues for espresso and brewed coffee, for example the Horizon Terrace Bar.

Trying to save some of your responses - I know where I can use my coffee card at the IC on deck 5. I am ONLY interested in which bar(s) on the decks where there are pools where coffee can be purchased (with or without a coffee card).

Trying to save some of your responses - I know where I can use my coffee card at the IC on deck 5. I am ONLY interested in which bar(s) on the decks where there are pools where coffee can be purchased (with or without a coffee card).

As far as I know, none. There were no other locations when I was on the Grand and no other locations when I was more recently on the Star (sister ship). But as mentioned before when you board look around. Due to the apparent success of espresso drinks being available in multiple locations on the Royal and Regal, and due to the recent introduction of the AIBP, Princess may have added additional locations on the Grand, as an example the Horizon Terrace Bar.

I would ask at IC and at a bar. If there's another location one of those places should be able to tell you where. Of course you can get it in MDR with your card.

Edited by Thrak

If I'm not mistaken the bar right next to the Crooners lounge has fresh brewed coffee.

I've ordered specialty coffees and hot chocolate at Crooner, so I would guess that they have a coffee machine. Now the question is, do they have a pot of coffee too?

When I sailed on the Grand, you could get specialty coffees at the bar in the covered pool area (Calypso Pool, so I guess it's the Calypso Bar). Thus, that seems the most likely place for there to be brewed coffee available. At the least, if no brewed available, you could get yourself an Americano.

When I sailed on the Grand, you could get specialty coffees at the bar in the covered pool area (Calypso Pool, so I guess it's the Calypso Bar). Thus, that seems the most likely place for there to be brewed coffee available. At the least, if no brewed available, you could get yourself an Americano.

THIS. This is the answer I was looking for...I think. ;) And if it's an Americano then all the better. What other "specialty" coffees were offered?

I would ask at IC and at a bar. If there's another location one of those places should be able to tell you where. Of course you can get it in MDR with your card.

You can use your coffee card (with a punch) in the MDR for specialty coffees, but I do not think you can use it to get fresh-brewed coffee.

My only interest in this is that when I am on the Lido deck (14), near the pools or getting a quick bite to eat, I would love to be able to get a real cup of coffee without having to go all the way down to the International Cafe on the 5th deck. Having coffee available anywhere else in that same general area is simply not convenient. I also don't mind having my card punched for an Americano or Espresso. I have always bought a coffee card so I am aware of the options there are in the dining room and IC.

Edited by iceleven

THIS. This is the answer I was looking for...I think. ;) And if it's an Americano then all the better. What other "specialty" coffees were offered?

If I recall correctly, they offered specialty coffee drinks (the standard menu from the international cafe) but did not offer the included cup of coffee. This is the bar on the Lido deck that is between the pool and the Horizon buffet on the ships I've sailed on that are not of the Pacific or Royal classes. The two small ships have browed coffee and coffee drinks available at the Club and Panorama bars. The Royal/Regal have at least three.

Edited by Wehwalt

If I recall correctly, they offered specialty coffee drinks (the standard menu from the international cafe) but did not offer the included cup of coffee. This is the bar on the Lido deck that is between the pool and the Horizon buffet on the ships I've sailed on that are not of the Pacific or Royal classes. The two small ships have browed coffee and coffee drinks available at the Club and Panorama bars. The Royal/Regal have at least three.

I am hopeful that this is the case. Our cabin is on Lido deck and it would be nice to not have to go all the way down to deck 5 just to grab a GOOD cup of coffee in the morning. I have no problem with ordering a specialty coffee as I always buy a coffee card. This would mean the bar also has an espresso making machine? We've never used the pool bars before so was never aware what options, other than drinks, they had. I must sound like I am obsessing over this but our next cruise in November is with 11 sea days. No need on those days to awaken early only to have to queue up for coffee or food.

Edited by iceleven