Amsterdam Hotel

I read on their site that there are some rooms they can put in an extra bed - probably a portable.

I haven't stayed at The Toren yet but it gets wonderful reviews and from the pictures of the hotel, it looks gorgeous!

Thanks for the info, Kath, and Brazilgirl as well!

We booked a large room for 3 people for the night. Looking forward to it. Looks wonderful!!

If you are a Hilton Honors member there is a good sale on hotel rooms going on right now. I had a room reserved in Rotterdam at the Hilton for 214 Euros or 50K points. Last night I rebooked at 27,800 points or 83 Euros for the exact same room. Amsterdam was also listed. Hope you get some savings.

Can only get this price from Hilton.com and must sign up for free H Honors.

I have a ton of points from US land travel and relative visits Hampton Inn, Double Tree and etc.

:) Hi Amsterdam Hotel Seekers,

I am also looking for the BEST pre-cruise hotel. We have Back to Back cruises on Celebrity Silhouette (aug 20th, 2016 to Baltic and Sept 3rd Med). I too thought the Movenpick would be ideal, but then read some not great reviews. I read that they will overbook and send you to some out of way place and you must pay for the extra transportation. We are planning 3 days in AMS and would like a nice place, close to attractions. Any MUST DO attractions? Ann Frank, Van Go, Red Light? I guess taxi to hotel and pier with all our luggage? Thanks so much for the suggestions. Any US East Coast people booked air, yet?

I am also looking for the BEST pre-cruise hotel. We have Back to Back cruises on Celebrity Silhouette (aug 20th, 2016 to Baltic and Sept 3rd Med). I too thought the Movenpick would be ideal, but then read some not great reviews. I read that they will overbook and send you to some out of way place and you must pay for the extra transportation. We are planning 3 days in AMS and would like a nice place, close to attractions. Any MUST DO attractions? Ann Frank, Van Go, Red Light? I guess taxi to hotel and pier with all our luggage? Thanks so much for the suggestions. Any US East Coast people booked air, yet?

Of course much depends what you want to pay for the hotel. But check e.g. Doubletree Hotel, very close to Centraal Station and not far from the cruise terminal. The choice is very wide, check this posting too for hotels mentioned. Public transport, trams, buses etc. all frequent and often close to the hotels. Amsterdam is rather compact so walking is a good option too.

In case you want to visit AF house ABSOLUTELY make your reservations in time, lines can be very long and people having reservations have a separate entrance. Of course make a canalboattour, many of them last 1 hour, also possible e.g.at night with wine and cheese or choose a hop on/off boat.

Walk the flower market, maybe enjoy a spicey indonesian rijsttafel at night.

Famous are van Goghmuseum and Rijksmuseum, also making reservations will save you time. They are neighbours so easy to make the combination.

RLD is very well doable, more quiet during the day and yes safe.

Since September often is busy with conventions indeed you better make the a pre cruise stay.

We too are on the Sept. 4rd 2016 cruise out of Amsterdam…… have you joined our roll call yet ? We have a great group already ….. some tour shares going etc…..

BTW - we are staying at The Ambassade for 2 nights pre cruise. Its a bit more than some of the others recommended but right where we want to be and a VERY nice hotel. Will taxi from airport to hotel - not sure about hotel to dock yet. Havent planned that yet ;) We aren't East coast people and I havent booked our air yet either……that is next on the list of "to do's"

• 1 month later...
We too are on the Sept. 4rd 2016 cruise out of Amsterdam…… have you joined our roll call yet ? We have a great group already ….. some tour shares going etc…..

BTW - we are staying at The Ambassade for 2 nights pre cruise. Its a bit more than some of the others recommended but right where we want to be and a VERY nice hotel. Will taxi from airport to hotel - not sure about hotel to dock yet. Havent planned that yet ;) We aren't East coast people and I havent booked our air yet either……that is next on the list of "to do's"

Hi Tex,

Thanks. I went and posted on the roll call today. It said there were only 5 signed up for the connection party.

I am looking at Tinker cars for transport from airport. I really can't book anything right now, as I may becoming a grandmother right around cruise time!!! I maybe canceling!

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janae22 View Post

Hi Amsterdam Hotel Seekers,

I am looking for a clean, safe, and reasonably priced hotel with an elevator in Amsterdam post-cruise in May. We will spend the day on a tour to Kukenhofen to see the tulips, stay overnight and fly to London the next morning, so will need to get to the airport. We will only be eating an evening eal and sleeping at the hotel before heading to the airport. Any suggestions?

I am looking for a clean, safe, and reasonably priced hotel with an elevator in Amsterdam post-cruise in May. We will spend the day on a tour to Kukenhofen to see the tulips, stay overnight and fly to London the next morning, so will need to get to the airport. We will only be eating an evening eal and sleeping at the hotel before heading to the airport. Any suggestions?

We stayed at the Movenpick for our stay in Amsterdam at the conclusion of our TA cruise to AMS. It is located right next to the cruise terminal & would be very convenient for your specific needs. The hotel (4 stars) is very clean with excellent service, has an elevator & provides complimentary shuttle service to the train station (where you can catch the train to the airport).

I used Priceline's NYOP to score a fabulous price for this hotel (approximately $100 per night).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Ambassade is a wonderful hotel and well worth the cost. I also booked it for three days before my river cruise in April. I have not been to Amsterdam for a few years but remember it as one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in many trips to Europe. And I am about as picky as you can get about hotels. Herengracht Canal is right outside the window with great canal views and the hotel is central to everything.

We booked Hotel Esterea for three nights post cruise. Over 3000 reviews on trip advisor near perfect ratings. Its not a cheap hotel, but I wanted to end our trip with some plush surroundings before heading home and back to work.

Edited by mickeysgal