Cruise related Christmas gifts for kids

Kerri7868

What are some good Christmas gift ideas for kids (boys aged 15, 9 and 6) that they can use on the cruise? A couple ideas I have are snorkel sets and rolls of quarters. And Santa is going to bring them all cash to spend on what they want on the cruise. I need other ideas please!

Waterproof wallet

Disposable underwater cameras

Water shoes (VERY USEFUL!)

Ipad or other smart device AND waterproof case

Sand tools sculpting kit (if going to the beach)

Rash guard (SPF shirt)

Zinca Colored Sunblock (comes in blue, pink and green) Mainly for the nose, but I've seen kids make designs with it like flowers or an anchor or sailing flags or whatever.

There is a game for tablets called Cruise Kids Ride the Waves - you can find it in the google app store. It's a simulation of running a cruise ship for kids.

There's also Nintendo/WII Cruise ship Vacation Games

If they're interested in photography a digital camera. You can find some pretty nice ones with decent zoom, etc. for under $100. Cheaper if you keep your eye out for sales.

I got my first camera when I was 7 (a loooong time ago so I had black and white film). Now kids can take as many pictures as they want. :)

I'm not sure what they would use the roll of quarters on. Most arcades use their cards. Some ideas I have used in the past include:

A bag to use as their carry on.

iTunes card

lanyards

sunglasses

movie box of candy

swim suits

flip flops

game/puzzle book

journal

Waterproof disposable camera

I'm not sure what they would use the roll of quarters on. Most arcades use their cards.

We're first timers so I didn't know that, thanks! I'm old school and assumed they took quarters. :)

they all have handheld devices so we're good to go there. I wish I could afford to get them all go pros! Great suggestions again everyone, thanks so much!

Snag some end of summer bargains on swimwear, shorts, T-shirt sandals, flip-flops, suntan protection, sunglasses, and the like. Pretty much any "summer item" that you probably won't find in Nov/Dec. We've been taking a family winter Caribbean cruise for years and we'be always gotten/given some nice summer clothing (that we bought around Labor Day at really good prices)

And...if you want some group/family time, get each a few small games....i.e. Blink (my favorite under 2 minute card game), phase 10 (loooong game), forbidden island (collaborative game). We don't take many, but some of our best vacation memories are of commandeering a table and hanging out as a family playing a fun game for a bit....

And...if you want some group/family time, get each a few small games....i.e. Blink (my favorite under 2 minute card game), phase 10 (loooong game), forbidden island (collaborative game). We don't take many, but some of our best vacation memories are of commandeering a table and hanging out as a family playing a fun game for a bit....

That's one I forgot. My kids now have a variety of card games that we take along on vacation. Uno, Life, and Monopoly card games are some of our favorites to play as a family.

Instead of the roll of quarters could you get then a cool lanyard to put their card in so they could wear it instead of having to keep track of it? I see a lot of kids with those, even adults! it's easier than trying to find a pocket to put it in all the time!

Great Ideas!!! I love the mesh bag. My son would cram everything into my diaper bag and I would be stuck carrying his things and the toddlers things. I didn't even think of the lanyard idea but that is a must have for our next cruise.

Yes, the arcades take money off of their stateroom cards(my son used his allotment in a matter of hours), after which he could no longer charge things to the room lol.

I agree, now is the time to snag all of your summer wear and accessories for a low price, as stores are now getting ready for fall and winter.

• 1 month later...

I am currently working on Christmas stockings for my kids for our December sailing. They will get them in the morning at our pre-cruise hotel.

So far I have :

Lanyards - Doctor Who (they are fans)

Luggage Tags for their backpack - Fun ones that suit each of their personalities

Goggles - Because goggles never last a trip

Small water pistol for beach ( ;)we are driving to the port)

Water wings ( for the smallest)

Cabin door decorations (piratey this time)

Sunglasses - *See googles

Mints/ Gum / Chocolate pirate coins

(a new) Draw String bag - * see sunglasses

Carnival gift card

And Im still working on this project

Funny, I have bought most of those same things! Never thought of a Carnival gift card. Where do you get those? Are the items on the ship ridiculously priced?

I am currently working on Christmas stockings for my kids for our December sailing. They will get them in the morning at our pre-cruise hotel.

So far I have :

Luggage Tags for their backpack - Fun ones that suit each of their personalities

Carnival gift card

So far I have :

Carnival gift card

Well I HAVE to know where to get a Whovian lanyard!

Eyeglasses cords

Noseclips for swimming

Small pack of glow stick necklaces/bracelets

Fun flavored travel toothpaste

Travel toothbrushes

Batteries for their electronic devices (If they aren't recharchable.)

Flip flops

Baseball hats

Travel themed stickers

Travel themed coloring book or activity book and crayons for quiet down time in the cabin

Hair gel and Axe spray (older one)

Deoderant (older two)

Breath mints

Small mesh bag if they would like to collect shells

Book on Caribbean ports if interested in that sort of thing

http://www.amazon.com/DK-Eyewitness-Travel-Guide-Caribbean/dp/0756670187/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1443081503&sr=8-2&keywords=Eyewitness+caribbean

http://www.amazon.com/Fodors-Caribbean-Cruise-Ports-Travel/dp/0804141665

Portable sunscreen with clip. (Can be clipped to mesh bag or belt loop and is refillable.)

http://www.amazon.com/Aloe-Gator-Lotion-Carabiner-1-5-Ounce/dp/B001TABNWY

With 3 boys in cabin, this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tide-Odor-Absorbing-Sports-Laundry/dp/B0096G8IOO ;):D

Edited by minnesotamamafish