Eating lunch at one of the dining rooms on the Ruby

batman79

Can you get a table for 2 or do you have to eat with others? I'm thinking about eating at one them when I first get on the ship.
One DR, typically the Da Vinci on the Ruby, will be open from noon until 1:30. They will try to get you to sit at a shared table. You might be able to get a table for 2.

While I love my wife I eat with her all the time. For my part I'm pretty boring. We both enjoy sharing a table when cruising. We meet people from near and far and find it interesting to talk with new people.

One DR, typically the Da Vinci on the Ruby, will be open from noon until 1:30. They will try to get you to sit at a shared table. You might be able to get a table for 2.

For us it depends upon how quickly we want to eat...table for 2 for faster service or a shared table when not in a hurry.

On the Ruby's sister ship the Crown we got a table for 2 which is actually close to adjacent tables & we enjoyed talking with a couple we recognized from another cruise who lives near us.

I have always found it much easier to get a table for two at breakfast and lunch than for dinner. On the Ruby once, on a TA we accepted the hostess suggestion of sharing at breakfast and were left sitting for nearly an hour without food, as no one else wanted to share, so we got up and went to the buffet. We have not done sharing since.

I have always found it much easier to get a table for two at breakfast and lunch than for dinner. On the Ruby once, on a TA we accepted the hostess suggestion of sharing at breakfast and were left sitting for nearly an hour without food, as no one else wanted to share, so we got up and went to the buffet. We have not done sharing since.

You are much too patient...15 minutes max, then go talk to the Maitre D' and request immediate service with a :D:D, of course.

Terrible! Gosh! We would have waited no longer than 10 minutes before going to a head waiter or the Maitre d'.