Dining room table question.

mikem5

My family of 14 is going on a cruise for my grandparents 55th wedding anniversary and my grandfathers 80th birthday. My question is does carnival make accommodations for a large party like this, or are we going to have to be split?

The largest table I have seen is for 12. I was in a party of 12 on the Sunshine and I can tell you I wish we had been two tables of 6 because conversation was so difficult with such a large table. I don't know whether you can get a 14 top but it's worth checking with the maitre'd on the first day to see what can be done. Note: There's usually a line waiting for the maitre'd to open, so get there early.

You would be better off if you did two tables of 7. If I were you I would not

wait until I boarded to talk to the maitre'd . I would email him two weeks

before sailing with all the booking and room numbers of your group and ask

for the tables to be together. That way he has time to plan the location in

advance of your arrival. Then when you board just go to the MDR to confirm

your location. HAPPY SAILING!!!

My family of 14 is going on a cruise for my grandparents 55th wedding anniversary and my grandfathers 80th birthday. My question is does carnival make accommodations for a large party like this, or are we going to have to be split?

Recently off a late-July Pride sailing where we had a 14-top. We were clear all reservations were linked when booked. We didn't contact the Maitre D at all.

We had a round 14 top on the Paradise. It was way too big. Could only talk with those to either side of us.

On some ships there are tables with benches on one side and chairs on the other. I've seen larger groups placed there. YMMV.

We will be celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary on the Miracle during Christmas week. How do I contact the Maitre D to let him/her know this? I'd like to be seated at one of those tables at the back that are half bench with two chairs on the other side. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:D

1st.. and most important... make sure all the booking #s are linked together...

2nd.. if you use facebook, 4 days before your cruise post on John Heald's page your request with the ship, date, early or late seating and ALL the cabin #s... He then sends it to the Maitre'd to work his magic..

Personally, I have never seen a table for 14 and pretty sure they will split you up into 2 tables next to each other...

If you have YTD, then you all need to show up at the same time each night and request tables together... (hoping that you didn't choose YTD)...

Mazel Tov to your grandparents.. Last year 16 of us celebrated my parents 60th wedding anniversary on board and we had two tables for 8 each next to each other on the window and it worked out perfectly... And yes, we did switch each night so that everyone had a chance to eat with the Grandparents...

We were assigned to a table this large (not with those we were traveling with) on one of our cruises the table was so large (a large round one) we could only hear the tablemates on either side of us. We asked to be moved to a smaller table (and were)

You would be better off asking for two smaller tables. This would give you more flexibility and enable your family to visit better.

I believe if all your reservations are linked together, there is no need to write to the maitre d' or to John. We have in the past had a large group and the link info is sent to the ship so that when the table arrangements are made, they will automatically put your people together. If there is no table for 14, they probably would do 8 and 6 and most likely you will be able to switch around with others in your group.

Enjoy your cruise,

I believe if all your reservations are linked together, there is no need to write to the maitre d' or to John. We have in the past had a large group and the link info is sent to the ship so that when the table arrangements are made, they will automatically put your people together. If there is no table for 14, they probably would do 8 and 6 and most likely you will be able to switch around with others in your group.

Enjoy your cruise,

We sail every other year with a group of cousins, 14 of us. We link the reservations together and request 2 tables. One of the cousins who enjoys doing it figures out seating for every dinner that moves us around to be seated next to someone different each night. And, he makes place cards for us. We ask for the same servers for the 2 tables. Luckily we have always gotten waiters and assistants who have a sense of humor about our crazy "musical chairs". Great way to catch up on our lives since we seldom see one another between cruises.

Based on my prior experience they will seat you at two round tables...probably sized for 8 each. If, when you get on board, do not let them seat you at a banquet table, much harder to visit and carry on a conversation. If you link your bookings you will get the same servers and just explain to them on the first night that you will be doing musical chairs, they are outstanding at remembering people not just chairs. By the last night they knew all our names, our relationships and our likes and dislikes.