Noise level on deck 13 balcony stateroom?

bigb99

Hi all.

Booked on Anthem of the seas on the 13th deck midship (136xx). I just wanted to know what the noise level is like in this area seeing as it's right below the pool area. Should I keep it? Go down a deck or two? The DW is a bit sensitive to noises when she's sleeping.

Thanks!

I can't answer your specific question about Anthem, but my personal perference is to book a cabin that has cabins above and below it. Unless there is something very special about what you booked, or your options on a lower deck are very limited, why book below a public area like the pool deck? Just my personal booking philosophy.

Have a great cruise!

• 2 months later...

We have just returned from a canaries trip on Anthem. I will be very succinct the noise from somewhere through the night sounding like someone dropping a milk crate and dragging along happened through the night,having talked to other people it seemed a recurring theme on 13 some having the noise constantly causing sleepless nights. Complaints were made with gestures from RCI made for future cruise were offered but no explanation as to the cause or remedy it needs to be sorted.

• 2 months later...

Just back from 12 nights in cabin 13560 and I can tell you that the noise was TERRIBLE. I had hoped that it would not be that bad since it was near the Solarium, but I was wrong. It sounded like people were stomping/running all the time, and the last night of the cruise I heard something loud being dragged above us (and this was after 11pm). There is no way I would stay on this deck again and given that the D4 is typically higher priced than a cabin category on a lower deck, it's definitely not worth paying more to stay there.

The amusing thing is that I got my D4 balcony via a guarantee booking, and my wife told me to stop doing price drops and going back into the GTY pool once we got the D4. In the end, I would have been better off in a DO obstructed view cabin (which is what she was trying to avoid)!

Edited by MisterBill99

We have just returned from a canaries trip on Anthem. I will be very succinct the noise from somewhere through the night sounding like someone dropping a milk crate and dragging along happened through the night,having talked to other people it seemed a recurring theme on 13 some having the noise constantly causing sleepless nights. Complaints were made with gestures from RCI made for future cruise were offered but no explanation as to the cause or remedy it needs to be sorted.

Congratulations on your first post. :) Welcome to Cruise Critic.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just assigned 13120 as a gty on my Anthem sailing next June and am concerned about noise. We're all the way forward, adjacent to and possibly partially under the solarium pool. Remember from Quantum how those pools cascade, and don't need the sound of falling water 24/7. Want to switch to another open d4, but they're all on deck 13, which means underneath either the pool area or the windjammer. Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has stayed on deck 13 and had either very good of very bad noise experience.

Thanks.

Was just assigned 13120 as a gty on my Anthem sailing next June and am concerned about noise. We're all the way forward, adjacent to and possibly partially under the solarium pool. Remember from Quantum how those pools cascade, and don't need the sound of falling water 24/7. Want to switch to another open d4, but they're all on deck 13, which means underneath either the pool area or the windjammer. Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has stayed on deck 13 and had either very good of very bad noise experience.

Thanks.

You can always ask to be put back in the guarantee pool and hope for something other than a D4. That is what I did because I didn't want to be on 13 either.

Thanks OP and everyone else in here for the feedback on noise. We're located below (approximately) between the "movie screen" and the "living room" on deck 14 in June; hopefully (for DW) nothing will be too noisy.

I used to sleep two decks below the flight deck of an aircraft carrier....unless it sounds like a freight train slamming into a steel wall, I'll sleep through all of it:D

Had TA call Royal today to request that I be put back in the guarantee pool. They wouldn't do it. Just offered to let me switch to another d4. Since all the D4's are on deck 13 where I've read nothing but bad reviews I turned them down. As noise is more critical to me than view am thinking of paying additional $250 (for 2) to "upgrade" to a DO where I can select my own cabin. This is still $1000 cheaper than the D7 I had originally booked before switching to the cat X. Will hold off a little bit though to see if any new perqs emerge.

13548......Yup, could hear people walking above...sounded more like people jumping:D..... but other than that it was ok. Don't book all the shows....the neighbors will provide free entertainment thanks to the thin walls.;) Who wants to go to the Quest after that!

The crew service doors and elevator are very close by and they do make a racket, and the room service guy makes good music as he passes by every morning around 6 am with a huge cart good enough to hide a few stowaways.

I am laughing :Dabout it, but for those who sleep seriously it could be a bother.

But all's good when you are on a cruise!

Edited by Arzeena

• 4 weeks later...
We were in 13250 and had no noise issues, and bonus extra large balcony. I would rebook that room in a heartbeat and I am a light sleeper.

if you really mean 13250, you were on the hump of the ship in completely different location.. can you confirm?

if you really mean 13250, you were on the hump of the ship in completely different location.. can you confirm?

I did mean 13250. The original posted stated 136xx which could easily be just opposite of where I was, so not necessarily in a completely different location. The initial post is asking about Deck 13 in general so I provided my observations. YMMV

• 1 month later...
I did mean 13250. The original posted stated 136xx which could easily be just opposite of where I was, so not necessarily in a completely different location. The initial post is asking about Deck 13 in general so I provided my observations. YMMV

I am considering cabin 13650, which I think is just opposite of 13250. What was the overhang above your balcony like? Did it bother you? Happen to have any pictures?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Thanks.

Hi Baron Barracuda, we are in that same cabin on 10/15 sailing to Bermuda I would love to hear about your experience when you get back! I hope you have a great time

Hi Baron Barracuda, we are in that same cabin on 10/15 sailing to Bermuda I would love to hear about your experience when you get back! I hope you have a great time

Sorry, but switched to DO 6162 on deck 6. Has extended balcony and only slightly obstructed view. Also saved a couple of hundred $. Considered obstructed view a lesser evil than potential noise issues.