distance between docks

nunuc2000

Tried to search for this, but couldn't find anything.

In October, we're cruising on the Carnival Breeze out of Miami, then transferring over to the NCL Pearl the day we disembark. How far apart are the two docks? Right next to each other? Long walk? Cab required? Any help from anyone who's experienced this would be great.

Thanks,

Celine

The terminal where the Breeze docks is pretty much right next to the NCL terminal... The walk would be about 750-1000 feet depending on which entrance you need. (The NCL terminal at POM is split into two distinct areas)

In October, we're cruising on the Carnival Breeze out of Miami, then transferring over to the NCL Pearl the day we disembark. How far apart are the two docks? Right next to each other? Long walk? Cab required? Any help from anyone who's experienced this would be great.

Thanks,

Celine

Hiya Celine........I don't think there's anyway to tell how the ships line up at dockside.....I've cruised out of MIA maybe 20 times and seen all kinds of configurations. There's usually a RCCL or two, then maybe 2 CCL ships and then the NCL in port. Most times the two ships of the same brand line up adjacent to each other. You may have to walk to the next terminal or as far as the 3rd terminal. Have you looked at cruisettdotcom to see who is in port that day? Might give you a clue.

Enjoyed sailing with you guys - I see you're still doing the B2B's. My next B2b is 21 days on the Glory Jan23 to Feb 13. - Bob

Thanks,

Celine

There are 4 docks, I've had transfers between docks 2 and 4, and 2 and 3 of no issue for me walking. but it isn't probably considered "close" for some people. You know how long ships are. Can you walk 5 to 6 times those lengths? Do you walk off ships in ports- some are lengthy? There is NO need to overpack, with people claiming they can't manage their bags- If you have to haul 3 bags plus carry ons, won't be fun either. :) I have one medium rolling bag for 2.

Thanks,

Celine

I am guessing you're sailing on Oct 18th and if so, the Breeze, NCL Pearl and Disney Magic are scheduled to be in POM that day. As someone has mentioned, it's difficult to tell which terminal each will be using but D and E are what Carnival normally uses (per their web site but other folks here will have a better idea). Here's a map of the port:

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf

Thanks guys... hubby and I are both fit and active, so no problems walking for us with luggage. Some ports are purely industrial and walking between cruise terminals just isn't do-able... glad this one is easily walkable. smile.gif

Hiya Celine........I don't think there's anyway to tell how the ships line up at dockside.....I've cruised out of MIA maybe 20 times and seen all kinds of configurations. There's usually a RCCL or two, then maybe 2 CCL ships and then the NCL in port. Most times the two ships of the same brand line up adjacent to each other. You may have to walk to the next terminal or as far as the 3rd terminal. Have you looked at cruisettdotcom to see who is in port that day? Might give you a clue.

Enjoyed sailing with you guys - I see you're still doing the B2B's. My next B2b is 21 days on the Glory Jan23 to Feb 13. - Bob

Hiya Bob! We enjoyed sailing with you too! And yes, definitely still doing the longer cruises... have to maximize our value considering the cost of our flights from Canada. That Glory "Journeys" cruise looks fabulous... we've got friends doing one of those in late October, and another doing a B2B Journeys cruise on the Dream in October as well. I'm starting to get a little antsy... no cruises booked after our October one, but we are scheduled for Hawaii for a couple weeks in March with friends. I'm going to have to get John looking at some deals for next fall. :D

Celine