Celebrity Luggage Valet

Bird Dad

We flew South West about 18 mths ago and used luggage valet. They were originally not listed on the paperwork you receive but we asked at Guest Relations and were told to sign up anyway and they would contact us if we could not use it.

The per bag fee is what ever your airline charges, plus a $25 PP fee from Celebrity which includes transportation of the luggage to the airport and your boarding pass. Everything will be charged to your on board account. If you have free luggage with your airline, indicate that on the paperwork.

• 5 months later...

Hello, cruise friends,

My family will be taking the Dec. 21 Celebrity Eclipse holiday cruise. We used luggage valet service last year for flight out FLL. Could anyone help tell us the flight cut off time out Miami airport if we use the luggage valet service on board. Thank you and wish you a very happy Chinese New Year.

It varies depending on arrival time and I think how many ships are arriving that day. You cannot sign up until on board. Last year on Connie with 6 ships arriving it was 1pm. The cruise before not enough people signed up so was cancelled.

It varies depending on arrival time and I think how many ships are arriving that day. You cannot sign up until on board. Last year on Connie with 6 ships arriving it was 1pm. The cruise before not enough people signed up so was cancelled.

Good morning, Cool Cruiser. Thank you very much for your kind response. I am looking at the American Airline, departure time is 12:55pm. Do you think this departure time will qualify me for the luggage valet program? Thank you again for your kindness and have a great day.

When we used it last month with JetBlue out of FLL, luggage valet was $20 per bag plus whatever fees the airline charged. For us there was no additional charge. $40 to not worry about the bags until picking them up in Richmond was worth every penny!

This year, the cutoff time for Luggage Valet in Miami is 12:30 p.m. so your flight would qualify. That doesn't mean that the same will be true next year, but it seems likely.

Thank you very much for the confirmation. I will consider about this flight now. All the best wishes to people like you that lends a helping hand to those you don't know but need help :)

One word of minor caution regarding luggage valet, you may not be able to disembark with the early walk-offs. Two different experiences:

1, March of 2015, Silhouette / Ft. Lauderdale - we used valet and did the walk off when the ship was cleared. Spent the day seeing the sights.

2, January 2016, Reflection / Miami - we used valet and they would not let us walk off and asked that we wait until all luggage valet passengers were cleared at 8:15. In talking with one of the X employees I believe it differs from time to time.

Just an FYI.

Does anybody know if Southwest Airlines participates with Celebrity's luggage valet program out of Ft Lauderdale?

Luggage Valet is a departure service option that streamlines the seaport-to-airport process. Luggage Valet is ideal for guests who wish to simplify their transition from one of our ships to the airport. It’s also an easy way for guests who have a late flight to spend the day enjoying a land-based tour or shopping, with only the luggage they plan to carry onto the plane later.

Luggage Valet is offered at a minimal fee of $20 per person, plus the airline luggage fees.

The Luggage Valet program is currently available for Southwest Airlines departing from FLL.

The $20 per person fee is waived for Captain's Club Zenith members and guests staying in Royal, Penthouse, and Reflection Suites. Any applicable airline baggage fees will still be collected.

This service can only be purchased onboard the ship.

Luggage Valet is a departure service option that streamlines the seaport-to-airport process. Luggage Valet is ideal for guests who wish to simplify their transition from one of our ships to the airport. It’s also an easy way for guests who have a late flight to spend the day enjoying a land-based tour or shopping, with only the luggage they plan to carry onto the plane later.

Luggage Valet is offered at a minimal fee of $20 per person, plus the airline luggage fees.

The Luggage Valet program is currently available for Southwest Airlines departing from FLL.

The $20 per person fee is waived for Captain's Club Zenith members and guests staying in Royal, Penthouse, and Reflection Suites. Any applicable airline baggage fees will still be collected.

This service can only be purchased onboard the ship.

On my recent completed cruise on the Eclipse I received a flyer that said that the fee is now waived for all suites. I used it in Miami in January when I was in a Sky Suite and the fee was waved for us. Since it was in writing I assumed it was a fleet wide change.

You might want to confirm.

The bottom line is that it will say whether the fee is waived on the document you are given to complete.

We were able to use it two out of three time out of FLL. The one time that was a no, did not have enough people sign up (per customer relations).

The two times we got to use it were on SW.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Can someone please shed some light on if you get luggage tags ie some way to track your bags and also if anyone has had issues with bags missing at the airport on arrival and what would happen in that instance?

Thanks in advance!!

Yes, you will get luggage tags and a boarding pass as part of the service. We've used luggage valet several times and had in issue with a missing bag once. The airline was able to trace the bag using our paperwork. We were given several reasons for why it did not make it onto the plane. The bag made its way to Pittsburgh after several days and was delivered to our home by the airline.

This has not deterred us from using luggage valet.

I am wondering if one can use luggage valet if sailing from/into MIAMI on Reflection and flying out of Fort Lauderdale airport? We are on Southwest.

We've sailed Reflection before and didn't use luggage valet and I remember we wanted to-but couldn't. Don't remember why we couldn't

I am wondering if one can use luggage valet if sailing from/into MIAMI on Reflection and flying out of Fort Lauderdale airport? We are on Southwest.

We've sailed Reflection before and didn't use luggage valet and I remember we wanted to-but couldn't. Don't remember why we couldn't

I recall reading here that yes, bags would be transferred to FLL when departing Reflection in Miami. I think there is flight time restriction though, not 100% on this, but I think your flight needs to be after 1 or 2pm (out of FLL)

I am hoping to do this on our upcoming Reflection cruise. Our return flight from FLL is at 3pm.

And I am sure they will also need to have a minimum of people wanting to do this... fingers crossed there will be others flying from FLL and wanting to use luggage valet! :)

I see you are on right after us, so I will try to get back on here to give you an update.

Edited by dmp223

Does anybody know if Southwest Airlines participates with Celebrity's luggage valet program out of Ft Lauderdale?

We used the service with Southwest from Ft Lauderdale a couple of years ago. It was great! We are planning on using it again when we sail on the 20th!!!

I recall reading here that yes, bags would be transferred to FLL when departing Reflection in Miami. I think there is flight time restriction though, not 100% on this, but I think your flight needs to be after 1 or 2pm (out of FLL)

I am hoping to do this on our upcoming Reflection cruise. Our return flight from FLL is at 3pm.

And I am sure they will also need to have a minimum of people wanting to do this... fingers crossed there will be others flying from FLL and wanting to use luggage valet! :)

I see you are on right after us, so I will try to get back on here to give you an update.

Thanks, that would be great.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Yes, you will get luggage tags and a boarding pass as part of the service. We've used luggage valet several times and had in issue with a missing bag once. The airline was able to trace the bag using our paperwork. We were given several reasons for why it did not make it onto the plane. The bag made its way to Pittsburgh after several days and was delivered to our home by the airline.

This has not deterred us from using luggage valet.

Thanks!

Thanks, that would be great.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you, we cannot wait to get back on Reflection! I am making myself a note to come back to this thread once we receive luggage valet info in our stateroom. :)

Here's a typical scenario -- early on in the cruise you receive a paper asking you to give your disembarkation plans. Be sure to write in "we want Luggage Valet Service" near your flight information. Ideally, you will receive a "Request for Luggage Valet" form next. But I always go to Guest Relations and request one rather than waiting to have it delivered, in case for some reason I am missed. You will need your flight details, including your confirmation number. Fill that out and leave it with Guest Relations. You should then receive a notice that the form has been received and passed on to the contractor who handles it. If you are accepted, you won't be told until no earlier than 24 hours before your flight. You might not even know until sometime in the evening before disembarkation when you get your Luggage Valet suitcase tags and your Boarding Passes. You are then all checked in to your flight and will not need to check in again at the airport. (You might be able to get a little advance notice if you check your stateroom account and see that you have been charged for the Luggage Valet.) Assuming you are accepted, you put the tags on, leave the bags at your stateroom door as usual. Remember that, unlike the usual baggage tag system, you won't have access to this luggage again until you are home, so you can't tuck the large bottles you might need overnight into your bag the next morning. Wait until they call your tag number before proceeding ashore. Don't just walk off prior to them calling your number. Why? Because the sniffer dogs are inspecting your bag, and it may be pulled out of the line and you'll be called to open it for inspection. If you just head off to town or to the airport without waiting for your number to be called, it really messes things up if you are one of the unlucky ones whose bag needs to be opened. (See post #11 -- the first time that poster did just walk off and they were lucky that there was nothing amiss about their luggage to create suspicion, but the second time they were not allowed to leave until the bags were cleared). Ideally, the next time you see your suitcase is at your home airport.

Edited by cruisestitch