What would you choose for your 1 "pay" meal on Escape??

CamaCama

We aren't pay extra for dining kind of people but since we're on a 7-nighter for the first time we figured we'd pick 1 night to do a pay restaurant. If you know of these two restaurants, would you do Bayamo or Teppanyaki? I'm thinking Bayamo b/c of the waterfront, the view, the newness of it, plus we love that type of food... but I've heard amazing things about Teppanyaki and we'll have our 6 and 2.5 year old with us so I know they'd love the hibachi...

need opinions!!

We aren't pay extra for dining kind of people but since we're on a 7-nighter for the first time we figured we'd pick 1 night to do a pay restaurant. If you know of these two restaurants, would you do Bayamo or Teppanyaki? I'm thinking Bayamo b/c of the waterfront, the view, the newness of it, plus we love that type of food... but I've heard amazing things about Teppanyaki and we'll have our 6 and 2.5 year old with us so I know they'd love the hibachi...

need opinions!!

I would pick Bayamo if those were my two choices. Why? I'll tell you why? LOL There are to many restaurants just like Teppanyaki on land that I could go to with or without my kids at anytime. So.....I'd save that type of restaurant for a land restaurant visit one day.

Harriet

Keep in mind that these restaurants take a long time for dinner and your children are so young they will get bored so have a plan to keep them entertained.

I thought children were not allowed to dine in specialty restaurants with the exception of the early dinner times. Is this restriction still in effect on NCL?

Nobody has seen the menu or eaten at Bayamo yet, so it's hard to say. But like Harriet said, while I love Teppanyaki, those restaurants are a dime a dozen. If between those 2, I'd take the unique one.

That said, if I could only eat at one specialty on Escape, I'd choose Food Republic.

I thought children were not allowed to dine in specialty restaurants with the exception of the early dinner times. Is this restriction still in effect on NCL?

I've never heard of such. To my knowledge, there is no restriction like that.

If I were taking my kids, I would choose Teppanyaki, as the cook is the entertainment and they like the food too.

If it were just me and the DW then I would try Bayamo, for all the reasons already mentioned.

Nope. Kids were allowed even at late seatings on Getaway. We had an 8pm dinner and I got stuck next to someone else's 2 year old at the hibachi who insisted on kicking me under the table the entire time. The parents gave her a tablet playing Dora the explorer so loud I couldn't even have a conversation with my husband. We left before dessert because the parents didn't understand why I didn't want their little darling kicking me any more. (there was no room for me to scoot away from her before all of you ask why I didn't move.)

As for OPs original question, I'd go with Bayamo. Its something you probably won't get at home as others have said.

Edited by Pappion
didn't finish before i hit submit.

Not true. Mine have dined in all but Le Bistro on several ships.

I've never heard of that rule at all with NCL since I've been cruising.

Harriet

Nope. Kids were allowed even at late seatings on Getaway. We had an 8pm dinner and I got stuck next to someone else's 2 year old at the hibachi who insisted on kicking me under the table the entire time. The parents gave her a tablet playing Dora the explorer so loud I couldn't even have a conversation with my husband. We left before dessert because the parents didn't understand why I didn't want their little darling kicking me any more. (there was no room for me to scoot away from her before all of you ask why I didn't move.)

As for OPs original question, I'd go with Bayamo. Its something you probably won't get at home as others have said.

I would have left after the first few kicks and reported it to who ever is in charge f that restaurant.

Nope. Kids were allowed even at late seatings on Getaway. We had an 8pm dinner and I got stuck next to someone else's 2 year old at the hibachi who insisted on kicking me under the table the entire time. The parents gave her a tablet playing Dora the explorer so loud I couldn't even have a conversation with my husband. We left before dessert because the parents didn't understand why I didn't want their little darling kicking me any more. (there was no room for me to scoot away from her before all of you ask why I didn't move.).....

I would never put up with a situation like that. I would have insisted on a refund for our meals and left early on. You paid good money for a nice meal and it was absolutely ruined by the child and her ignorant parents.

Edited by coffeebean

I would never put up with a situation like that. I would have insisted on a refund for our meals and left early on. You paid good money for a nice meal and it was absolutely ruined by the child and her ignorant parents.
I would have asked the parent to change seats with her little darling and if she refused, I would have gone to the manager and ask that he or she ask them to change seats and while I was there, I would have insisted that the little girl wear headphones if they insisted that she be able to listen to the sound on her game. There is no excuse for someone to ruin anyone's experience and if it is a child, it is the parent's responsibility to keep them from doing so. I have to say, I eat at the Teppanyaki restaurant a couple times during each cruise and all the young ones have been very well behaved.

I looked up Royal Caribbean's policy regarding children dining in specialty restaurants and that cruise line does have a restriction for children seated after 7pm. I wish NCL would adopt that policy.

But how young is too young? What age limit would you want to see? What is the RCCL policy?