Parking at Port Canaveral

jkmjkmjkm

Do you know if the park n cruise place has handicap accessible vans? We parked at a similar place in Ft. Lauderdale that did not have accessible vans but we didn't find out until we had parked our car. The driver and my son had to lift my husband in his wheelchair into the van. It was a very scary and dangerous situation that we don't want to repeat again.

Just got home from our cruise today. We live in Tampa and drove out to port canaveral for the cruise. We parked at the park port canaveral. It was quick and easy the people were all friendly and helpful . And if you pay ahead a time online it's only 4.99/day. The port is 14.99/day. Huge savings and it was a simple process.

http://parkcruise.com

Awesome people! Secured gated lot! 2 minutes from port... plenty of shuttles... a ton cheaper than port...

Have used several times.... would HIGHLY recommend. It is literally right across the bridge from the port.

We stayed at a local hotel the night before and got a coupon for 40% off the daily rate at the port. It's a regular ongoing thing at most local hotels. We paid less than we would have at park and cruise and we didn't have to deal with shuttles.

We always use the Radisson's parking service when we don't park at the pier. They're only a few minutes from the terminal and have shuttles to take you back and forth. Good rates, and nice paved lots with individual parking spaces. http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

My wife once tried the other one that is west of the port on the Beeline Expressway. She didn't like that there weren't individual spaces, and they pack the cars in pretty closely. Nothing happened, but she worried about possible damage.

We just tried the lot at the Radisson as we had heard very good things about it. We usually use Park N Cruise. Not sure if it was just bad timing but we did not have a good experience there at all. We had a paid reservation and when we arrived the lot was full and there was a long line of cars that they were sending across the street to park. They have an overflow lot next to the Convention Center which is next to the actual hotel.

We had to wait for them to send a shuttle over to the overflow lot to get us.

The good part about the parking at the Radisson is that it is paved. We have always used Park N Cruise in the past. It is not paved but next time we are going back there or will just pay extra to park at the port.

Right now both offsite lots are charging $4.99 per day, it is $15 at the port

Edited by molly361

We just tried the lot at the Radisson as we had heard very good things about it. We usually use Park N Cruise. Not sure if it was just bad timing but we did not have a good experience there at all. We had a paid reservation and when we arrived the lot was full and there was a long line of cars that they were sending across the street to park. They have an overflow lot next to the Convention Center which is next to the actual hotel.

The good part about the parking at the Radisson is that it is paved. We have always used Park N Cruise in the past. It is not paved but next time we are going back there or will just pay extra to park at the port.

It's been a few years, but we stayed at the Radisson and used their cruise parking. We parked in the hotel lot during our overnight stay, but the next morning, I moved the car while my wife and granddaughter were getting ready. There were plenty of spaces next to the convention center, but I did see that they had an overflow area across the street. I met the ladies back in the hotel for breakfast. After that, we grabbed our bags from the room and headed down to the lobby to meet the bus. I would recommend doing that instead of waiting in the parking lot to board the bus.

We parked at the port last March and loved the convenience of not having to hang around or wait for shuttles. For our 4 day cruise yes it was $40 more but as there were 4 of us with lots of luggage I also saved tipping the shuttle drivers $10 each way. Net cost $20 to park at the port. Well worth it IMO.

Also the Port is a covered structure.

That's not a bad rate, but remember that they have to charge tax and don't forget the obligatory tip for your shuttle driver each way. We paid 9 dollars per day in the port lot close enough to just walk on, no tax, no tip.

You may save money off site but make sure that your car is safe. One of the off site lots had you leave your keys so they could move vehicles around as needed. They were caught driving some of the vehicles off site. I am not sure what the tax base is for the off port parking but as stated the tax plus the tip for your shuttle driver each way adds up. So $15/day in a secured lot at the port doesn't seem that bad to me.

Edited by later

You may save money off site but make sure that your car is safe. One of the off site lots had you leave your keys so they could move vehicles around as needed. They were caught driving some of the vehicles off site. I am not sure what the tax base is for the off port parking but as stated the tax plus the tip for your shuttle driver each way adds up. So $15/day in a secured lot at the port doesn't seem that bad to me.

You keep your keys at both the Radisson and Park n Cruise. For awhile Park N Cruise was keeping your keys but they are no longer doing that. I actually liked it when they did as they pulled your car up to the front and had it waiting for you when you got off the shuttle.

We like to arrive at the port as early as possible. We are Platinum for the first time.

What is the earliest any of you arrived at the port?

Then what time did you board?

Thank you.

You can get there as early as you like, but boarding doesn't usually start until around 11. Sometimes it'll be earlier or later depending on the how quickly they clear the ship that morning. When I want to be among the first onboard, I usually shoot for being at the terminal around 10ish.

Just got off ship at Port Canaveral. DH has a scooter. We parked at the port --I think it was Terminal 1. Perfect place if you have wheelchair or scooter. It's all covered. You just park the chair, get the device out and you're ready to go. No worries about shuttles, etc. We got there about 11 and parked on level 2 and took elevators down to 1. Very close to entrance of terminal. Not all that cheap but we were off the ship and in the car ready to go home in maybe 10 minutes! Worth it to us.They are very organized there also. They will be looking out for

You may save money off site but make sure that your car is safe. One of the off site lots had you leave your keys so they could move vehicles around as needed. They were caught driving some of the vehicles off site.

Old news ... years ago and this operator QUICKLY disappeared. The two that remain are very reputable .....

Park N Cruise was the first one here in Canaveral and they tried doing a 'valet' type service for a while where you left your keys (also helped them STACK more cars in the lot). Reaction was poor and they no longer do it; back to park yourself and take your keys.

Park Port Canaveral is "park at the Radisson" ... they now use a parking lot across the street for cruise parking. Radisson has a large fleet of shuttles BUT a) sell their shuttle services to other properties and b) cuz they HAVE many, does not mean they RUN many on a given day; and c) they HAD two parking sites ... I recently noticed they CLOSED the second site (was near Ron Jon)

These two places appear to be in a price war btw ..... prices have been changing every few days. They were 4.99 / day (pre paid) last week, now 5.99 and a month ago 7.99 . . . at LEAST as volatile as the stock market! (PPC usually prices at .95 vs .99 to claim LOWEST PRICE)

BOTH these places are fenced, lit and have video surv'. PnC is a gravel lot, PPC is paved. Their distance from the piers is different by YARDS once you factor in roads versus straight line measurements.

The only place we use that keeps the keys is Park N Go at Port Everglades. They're a very busy place, so moving the cars is necessary there. I don't mind a few short moves, but I note my mileage each time just in case of the issue you mentioned. So far I've had no issues.

Just Google Port Canaveral.....they have a website and you can select parking info on there. I believe you can now prepay.

Just know that they also make you pay for the day you leave. It's $15 per day but you will pay $120 for a seven day cruise.

I do hope you enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Just Google Port Canaveral.....they have a website and you can select parking info on there. I believe you can now prepay.

Just know that they also make you pay for the day you leave. It's $15 per day but you will pay $120 for a seven day cruise.

I do hope you enjoy your cruise!!!

Thanks!

So many decisions to make. I think I want to save that money though, although with 7 people and gratuity we might come out cheaper parking at the actual Port.

So many decisions to make. I think I want to save that money though, although with 7 people and gratuity we might come out cheaper parking at the actual Port.

I'm not sure of your math here ..... the parking places typically shuttle for free. A tip is appreciated but a few bucks is what I toss for our group. You CAN drop 6 off at the pier and then ONE goes and park the car and shuttles back . . .

IMO offsite parking at the two mentioned places in Canaveral is safe and $ wise. It WILL cost you 15 to maybe 40 minutes depending on the luck of the draw with shuttles as the places are a 10 min ride or so, and that means a 20 min turn around .... they HAVE several shuttles but on some days there are also several SHIPS.