Losing weight for a cruise?!?!

mommyto3nj

I was supposed to lose weight for a cruise leaving in 3 weeks. lol Didn't work out so well for me....I am trying to drop a couple of pounds in these last couple of weeks to squeeze into my summer clothes. - I only buy summer clothes for vacation as I wear slacks every day.

Good Luck!!!

Been actively working since June on losing weight for personal satisfaction and in anticipation for our November cruise. I have a Fitbit to track my steps and push myself to walk more, track everything I eat in MyFitnessPal, and am trying to drink more water and less alcohol (which sucks haha). I'm down 13-15lbs depending on the day, and can only hope I maintain SOME self-control on the cruise. We have the UBP though, so fingers crossed...

Good luck! Find fun ways to eat healthy and exercise, it makes it less painful!

I was supposed to lose weight for a cruise leaving in 3 weeks. lol Didn't work out so well for me....I am trying to drop a couple of pounds in these last couple of weeks to squeeze into my summer clothes. - I only buy summer clothes for vacation as I wear slacks every day.

Good Luck!!!

I had a year to lose weight. Now I leave in 60 days:o Talk about procrastination :D

Oh! So Jealous! The hear the Sea calling my name. But I have to wait until April :(. But if you are Serious about wanting to loose weight. I am a health coach with ..... My Clients loose and average of 5-8 lbs, each week for the first two weeks. And then 1-2 lbs after that. I lost 17 in 30 days. So you can easily loose 20 in 45. I could totally hook you up. And save 30%, off you first month as well...Just saying :)

Edited by bre

I leave in 45 days and booked last minute. Now I have 20 pounds to lose LOL! Ok I'll be happy with whatever :) Who is losing weight and what are you doing to lose it?

I always promise myself to do that but never do. I typically lose it afterwards :rolleyes:

The other day I was browsing around and there was weight loss board on here somewhere. It seemed pretty dead, but I read a few threads. I have 94 days and I need to get started now or none of my pretty summer dresses will fit me (they didn't fit all this summer).

I'm hoping to join a gym in the next two weeks and start working out before going to the office.

I started to lose weight, then maintained, then wanted to lose 20 more lbs., but I have been procastinating. I have 23 days and I said, forget it. I'll start DIETING when I get back. So here I am, eating a box of Cheez-its. I started to read this thread and quickly shoved the box away. I feel guilty now. I better get moving. A couple of lbs would still be good. We CAN do it!

I leave in 45 days and booked last minute. Now I have 20 pounds to lose LOL! Ok I'll be happy with whatever :) Who is losing weight and what are you doing to lose it?

Walk Walk Walk and FAST. Make room for the foo foo drinks! :)

Edited by janetz

I did the same. I lost 24 and then took a break for part of the summer and now still would like to lose another 20 pounds but here I am 65 days out and still not sticking to it. Just have to get my mind set and do it. Starting next Monday.

How did you lose the first 24?

I'm undecided between low carb and MFP....not sure which one I will stick to better!

Exercise 3-4 times a week, including strength training. Incorporate a healthy diet and require accountability, such as myfitnesspal.com. If you need extra help nutritional supplements such as Advocare has worked for me. The 24 day challenge incorporates a cleanse for 10 days with 14 days of good habit building. I wish you luck and yes it can be done.

I also have to lose weight for surgery. It's a hip replacement so I'm limited on what I can do. I joined the Y, and am doing water aerobics. Although, they aren't really what you think of when you think water aerobics. They are more like water tabata classes and they are tough. It's working - 10 pounds in a month but I am way out of shape. I'm also doing a little bit of overhaul on my diet, but nothing drastic. Cutting out processed foods is about it. 20 pounds in 45 days might be optimistic but depending on how fit you already are it's possible. I did a liquid diet through kaiser I could not stick with and I saw a bunch of people drop that much in 6 weeks, but they were really big and really out of shape.

I give another nod to MyFitnessPal, but really stick to it. I started losing weight in July and so far I've lost approx. 15lbs. I am now verging on the lowest weights I can remember in my adult (or adolescent) life. I'm not going on the cruise until May, which means I have pretty much all the major eating holidays remaining, but I am determined to lose another pants size so that I have no choice but buy new clothes! MyFitnessPal works similarly to WeightWatchers, but without the fee. I can't recommend it high enough.

...."Unfortunate" really that it won't work on the ship. Not without wifi anyway. Hmm...guess I'll just have to say to self "Eat Drink and Be Merry, for tomorrow you Diet."

I'm working on losing too before my cruise in 20+ days. I would highly recommend ordering from Amazon the nutri clean detox. It's about $45 prime. So you could easily start on Monday. Google tls detox foods. And follow along with the detox. You will easily lose 10 lbs in 7 days by eating clean. And I cannot begin to tell you how great you will feel. Drink lots of water. At the end of 7 days, Google or Pinterest tls fat shredder diet. You'll be 20 lbs lighter by your cruise.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...