New promotion - National Plan a Cruise Month

DaveOKC

Just an update ... I called the TA and they advised me that HAL will not allow me to change my booking to the new promo. I am not sure why as I have not paid in full.

So I get to PAY $200 more per adult ($1,200 for the party) for an inside cabin than the current rate for an oceanview. I am having trouble wrapping my head around it.

I am a bit confused. Since you are sailing on Dec. 18, you should have made final payment by now (normally 75 days before sailing). Am I missing something??

Once you are past final payment date, which I think would have been Oct. 4 on your cruise, if you cancel and rebook you have to pay a penalty. If my math is correct, thats why HAL is not letting you cancle and rebook.

However, quite often HAL will do something for you if your fare has dropped. It will not be cash, but might be a free upgrade or some OBC (on board credit).

I tried to get this new promotion added to my Dec. 7 cruise a week ago and it was "no go" for me as well, as I was past final payment plus my category's fare had increased over what I paid.

I am a bit confused. Since you are sailing on Dec. 18, you should have made final payment by now (normally 75 days before sailing). Am I missing something??

Once you are past final payment date, which I think would have been Oct. 4 on your cruise, if you cancel and rebook you have to pay a penalty. If my math is correct, thats why HAL is not letting you cancle and rebook.

However, quite often HAL will do something for you if your fare has dropped. It will not be cash, but might be a free upgrade or some OBC (on board credit).

I tried to get this new promotion added to my Dec. 7 cruise a week ago and it was "no go" for me as well, as I was past final payment plus my category's fare had increased over what I paid.

I am fairly confident that our agent said the final payment is due next week. It is going on my credit card and I haven't seen a charge yet! I will check on that part.

I am ok with OBC or upgrade as it is better than nothing! Sounds like I need to investigate further on when our final payment is due.

Thank you for your advice. Switching cruise lines has proved to be a new adventure!

Agree with you, I get October 4th too. Really odd.

Update on my situation for those who are following.

My TA contacted HAL again and had better luck *but not as good as I was hoping*. She was able to price out an Oceanview room (E category as I didn't want to pay more than I had originally booked at), however when compared to the website pricing it was higher via the agent (I still don't understand why) :confused: She had HAL on the other line when explaining the options so that she didn't lose the ability to change.

So overall the price would actually jump $300 for the first 6 passengers rather than decrease as the website indicated.

No additional on board credit would be given (either for NCM or Get up and Go).

This was sort of the point where I gave up and I am leaving as is.

I also confirmed my final payment is not until next week and I also counted the 75 days again like you did to get it as last week. No clue on that either.

So financially, I am no further ahead, however I am much more educated from the possibilities that can exist! Thank you for your help again.

Update on my situation for those who are following.

My TA contacted HAL again and had better luck *but not as good as I was hoping*. She was able to price out an Oceanview room (E category as I didn't want to pay more than I had originally booked at), however when compared to the website pricing it was higher via the agent (I still don't understand why) :confused: She had HAL on the other line when explaining the options so that she didn't lose the ability to change.

So overall the price would actually jump $300 for the first 6 passengers rather than decrease as the website indicated.

No additional on board credit would be given (either for NCM or Get up and Go).

This was sort of the point where I gave up and I am leaving as is.

I also confirmed my final payment is not until next week and I also counted the 75 days again like you did to get it as last week. No clue on that either.

So financially, I am no further ahead, however I am much more educated from the possibilities that can exist! Thank you for your help again.

I would get a new travel agent if the TA price is higher than the HAL price.

Diane

Hi,

we are from Germany, so we often don't get the same good things then you get in the US.

But we also have the Cruisemaand offer here.

When I am looking on the website, there are only cruises until October 2016...

I now asked for our December 2016 booking if it is also possible.

We will go with the Eurodam to the Caribbean. Does this cruises have this offer on the US page ?

Thanks and greets from Germany

Janine

Hi,

we are from Germany, so we often don't get the same good things then you get in the US.

But we also have the Cruisemaand offer here.

When I am looking on the website, there are only cruises until October 2016...

I now asked for our December 2016 booking if it is also possible.

We will go with the Eurodam to the Caribbean. Does this cruises have this offer on the US page ?

Thanks and greets from Germany

Janine

I see that both the Explore4 and National Cruise Month promotions (which are generally combinable, are offered on the Eurodam, Dec, 2016 cruises, at least here in the US.

I see that both the Explore4 and National Cruise Month promotions (which are generally combinable, are offered on the Eurodam, Dec, 2016 cruises, at least here in the US.

Thank you, so we will keep the fingers crossed, cause we booked only three weeks ago....

I just called and our cruise in February was included in the National plan a cruise month promotion. We received $200 onboard credit along with our credit from the Explore 4.

Glad you got it! I can't understand why others can't. My "new" TA was able to get it for me along with Explore 4 and I still kept the $200 I got for booking on board.

Welcome to Cruise Critic....lots of good information to be found here!:) opps...I see you have been a member for some time...anyway, good info when you need it!

Karen

Edited by Loreto
added info

Glad you got it! I can't understand why others can't. My "new" TA was able to get it for me along with Explore 4 and I still kept the $200 I got for booking on board.

Some of us couldn't get it, or chose not to get it, because we would lose some of our other perks that we received at the time of booking, or it would come at an additional cost which is equal to or more than OUR value of the Explore4 and OBC of this promotion.

For example, I would have lost my Welcome Back promo because it is past the time frame when I could book under that promo. I would have lost all of the Anniversary Sale perks because the Anniversary Sale is no longer offered. We don't use the full value of the Explore4 package. In fact, the value to us for the SBP is $30/day/person and that's being generous.

It's not a big deal to not get the promo. We're happy with the perks we will receive and the price we're paying. Of course, should a future price drop be greater than the value of the perks, we'll take the price drop in a heartbeat, even if it means losing the perks. Cash is king.