New promotion - National Plan a Cruise Month

DaveOKC

Thanks for the tip Dave!

E-mailed my PCC and was given the additional OBC for my KONINGSDAM cruise January 29, 2017 without hesitation.

FYI to all - suite offers are applicable to the new Category B Vista Suites debuting on this ship, making for a very attractive deal.

Thanks for the tip Dave!

E-mailed my PCC and was given the additional OBC for my KONINGSDAM cruise January 29, 2017 without hesitation.

FYI to all - suite offers are applicable to the new Category B Vista Suites debuting on this ship, making for a very attractive deal.

You are quite welcome! We are also in a Vista suite on the Koningsdam, but in Dec.

Still waiting to hear back from my PCC in response to the email I sent her yesterday. Is it any wonder I am transferring my booking asap to a TA?

For what it's worth, I have now sailed 3 times in a Neptune suite, thanks to the efforts and service of a TA who has worked miracles with combinations of upgrades and upsells.

Dave, Just want to say thanks for bringing this offer to our attention. Our Hal PCC notified us today and we received substantial OBC for our 2016 TA on the Eurodam.

If your ever on the same cruise as us I owe you a couple of drinks.

You are quite welcome. Hope to meet up with you one day!

Still waiting to hear back from my PCC in response to the email I sent her yesterday. Is it any wonder I am transferring my booking asap to a TA?

For what it's worth, I have now sailed 3 times in a Neptune suite, thanks to the efforts and service of a TA who has worked miracles with combinations of upgrades and upsells.

Sounds like you need a new PCC - just call and ask to be switched. As in most companies. some employees are great, others not so good.

Just saying, if folks checked the Hal web site the offer listed which cruises were eligible.:confused:

So why comment here if you didn't get it on your cruise that didn't qualify?

Some may be commenting because they, like me, are on a cruise that does qualify but are being told "no" by HAL because it is not a new booking. Seems some HAL reps are giving the OBC to those previously booked and some are not. As I mentioned before, I am not pressing the issue ($75) since I almost lost a much larger sum and the T&C do say for new bookings only.

I am on Dec 5 cruise and was told (by PCC) NO.

I just thought of something - you are past final payment, so that could be the reason. Before final payment you can always cancel and rebook, thus HAL normally is more liberal with adjustments. After final, you are committed and would have to pay a penalty to rebook.

Just called about our 1/02/16 cruise and they said it was available but we would have to start from square one and the rate is higher now and we already booked with a $200 OBC and we would lose that. Not sure how some are getting this without having to reprice the cruise.

I have sent an email to our PCC for the Koningsdam cruise November '16 but that cruise has really gone up in price so I would think that would be a no go too.

How are others getting the Koningsdam cruises with the promo since the Koningsdam prices have gone up quite a bit since they booked?

Just called about our 1/02/16 cruise and they said it was available but we would have to start from square one and the rate is higher now and we already booked with a $200 OBC and we would lose that. Not sure how some are getting this without having to reprice the cruise.

I have sent an email to our PCC for the Koningsdam cruise November '16 but that cruise has really gone up in price so I would think that would be a no go too.

How are others getting the Koningsdam cruises with the promo since the Koningsdam prices have gone up quite a bit since they booked?

I"m not booked on the Koningsdam so can't address that part of your questions. However, on my Feb/17 cruise, there was no change in price so the new promotion was easily added.

For my Apr/16 cruise, it was a different story. I booked under the Anniversary Sale so would have lost those perks. The fare has increased so I would have had to pay the higher fare, too. We would have gained the Explore4 promo but we're not big drinkers. In the end, we decided it wasn't worth it.

I think you need to decide for yourself if the perks are worth the price increase (if the price went up). In our case, cash is king, so you can be sure I'll be giving up the perks for either cruise if the price drops enough.

Has your K cruise gone up since they added Explore4? Thats what happened to me. I booked without Explore4 originally and then they added Explore4 and increase the price by $500 pp (so I passed on Explore4).

Anyway, I was able to get the $300 extra on my K cruise and stay at my original price SINCE they were still offering my old price if you did not want Explore4.

Has your K cruise gone up since they added Explore4? Thats what happened to me. I booked without Explore4 originally and then they added Explore4 and increase the price by $500 pp (so I passed on Explore4).

Anyway, I was able to get the $300 extra on my K cruise and stay at my original price SINCE they were still offering my old price if you did not want Explore4.

Now that's interesting! I've emailed my PCC to see if we have a similar situation. I never asked her about pricing with or without E4.

Dave, you booked your cruise under the Anniversary Sale, didn't you? So you retained those perks and got the NPAC promotion, all at your original pricing, right?

I don't understand why anyone that is so thrilled with their ta would use a PCC. Seems like a useless exact step to me. What is the point?

You don't have to understand and I don't have to explain.:D But I will say that reading here about all the wonders that PCCs work, I thought I'd give it a try. This one is supposed to be "the best" according to the supervisor after the first one was a bust. Never had bad service ever from a TA, and I've used a couple.

Okay, just got an email from PCC. To add explore 4 would be WAY too much. But I can reprice for $30.00 pp more and gain $75.00 OBC. So that would be an OBC of $90.00. Guess we will take this one.

You don't have to understand and I don't have to explain.:D But I will say that reading here about all the wonders that PCCs work, I thought I'd give it a try. This one is supposed to be "the best" according to the supervisor after the first one was a bust. Never had bad service ever from a TA, and I've used a couple.

For some reason you seem to have very bad luck with PCC's. It seems very odd that anyone would continue with them. I didn't ask for an explanation, did I? What do you expect the supervisor to say? She's not going to say she's a hot mess. If I had an awesome ta I wouldn't be lured away by what others say.

My TA checked with HA twice and got a NO both times. I would have to rebook our Neptune Suite at a higher fare plus add the Explore 4(which we were able to remove at a $1000/pp savings). We would be spending more than we would save

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk