New promotion - National Plan a Cruise Month

DaveOKC

We booked the March 12, 2016 Noordam cruise under the "One Week" Sale (included HSC). I was told that this sale did apply but would not combine. Since it was for $150 OBC on our booking, which is much less than HSC for two, I declined to reprice.

We did rebook once to move from the "Anniverary Sale" to the "One Week" sale because our bottom line cruise price dropped quite a bit. I find them running both of these "sales" (Explore4 and Cruise Month) at the same time confusing. Our cruise was on one list but not the other. We did have "Explore4" on our last cruise but it is not available for this cruise.

Talked to my TA today and she said to me......."your were on my list to call today".......she had already checked into this and had gotten us this promotion (OBC) added to the Explore 4 promotion. :D We really like our TA!

I like that your TA was going to call you. When I booked with my TA she told me if there was a price drop I could get the better price but I had to be looking for it and contact her. Why don't these TAs with big companies have systems in place to match people with price drops and promotions?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Now that's interesting! I've emailed my PCC to see if we have a similar situation. I never asked her about pricing with or without E4.

Dave, you booked your cruise under the Anniversary Sale, didn't you? So you retained those perks and got the NPAC promotion, all at your original pricing, right?

I'm interested in your answer, too, Dave! We booked the Incas under the Anny Sale and the Cruise Promo now is showing only the OBC but not the Explore 4.

I'm going to call my PCC on Monday to check to see if it can be added. My Cruise price is the same as when I booked. I know in the past I was told the Promo I booked under would have to also still be offered or I would lose it.

Now that's interesting! I've emailed my PCC to see if we have a similar situation. I never asked her about pricing with or without E4.

Dave, you booked your cruise under the Anniversary Sale, didn't you? So you retained those perks and got the NPAC promotion, all at your original pricing, right?

That was a different cruise and I could not get the new promotion on that one as it was past final payment AND I paid alot less than the current price. The cruise I got the $300 OBC was the same pricing as I booked and without any promotions (Explore4 was optional and I did not take it).

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by DaveOKC

That was a different cruise and I could not get the new promotion on that one as it was past final payment AND I paid alot less than the current price. The cruise I got the $300 OBC was the same pricing as I booked and without any promotions (Explore4 was optional and I did not take it).

Sorry for the confusion.

No worries; I was just wanting to ensure I had my facts straight, which I didn't. Thanks for setting me straight.

Very disappointed that our Rotterdam cruise on July 2nd is not included in this promo. Spoke with someone from HAL who tried to make me feel better by telling me that my cruise had the Explore 4 promotion. Yes, I told him, but I had to pay quite a bit more for it!

He said this cruise was just not in the marketing program.

We booked originally in August on the Koningadam in November 2016. We were not at all happy with our TA so rebooked in September, added the Explore 4, got the $350 coupon booklet and OBC from our TA. Today, thanks to CC, our TA got the $300 OBC from this promotion added to our cruise. Whoooo hoooo-- we are happy campers! I love CC and all the help I get here.

Very disappointed that our Rotterdam cruise on July 2nd is not included in this promo. Spoke with someone from HAL who tried to make me feel better by telling me that my cruise had the Explore 4 promotion. Yes, I told him, but I had to pay quite a bit more for it!

He said this cruise was just not in the marketing program.

I'm disappointed also that the July 2 cruise not in the program but I think it is because it is selling well. It is such a great itinerary and for that itinerary we have been watching the prices and many were well over $10,000 per person for the cheapest accommodation. The small ships offering this area of the world were Oceania, Regent, Seven Seas and a few others were just a bit out of our price and comfort range. Thus our first journey on HAL.

My PCC e-mailed me again to say she spoke to her supervisor and was able to get us this promotion too!

YAY! on another note, when they added Explore 4 to our cruise it did NOT increase the price.

We are very happy right now. After all 90% of the fun of travel is the planning! haha!

Pat

Thanks Dave!!!

Sent an email to my PCC who is on a cruise right now!

I just got a voicemail told me we were able to get an additional amount of credits total of an extra 200.00!

More caviar at the PG👍😍

And we got a reduction of an additional 1000.00 total on our suite! Wow!

I look daily and today I was too busy to ck! Even on her vacation our PCC works for us!

Denise:)

After reading all the posts I phoned our big box travel group and was able to get this promotion for two of our cruises for us and for the room we had booked for our daughters. Gained several hundred dollars in OBC. They just added to our original cruise so kept same numbers.

Who is on a cruise that didn't qualify?

doing the 15 day Collector's cruise on the Eurodam November 22, 2015. It is listed in the sale. However because we've already made final payment they will do nothing. Even though the cruise fare is still the same no deal's on our cabin to be had either. We didn't get any breaks on our cruise pricing either.

We also didn't get the Explore4 package :-(

Luck of the draw I guess

Edited by hugger

Thanks Dave!!!

Sent an email to my PCC who is on a cruise right now!

I just got a voicemail told me we were able to get an additional amount of credits total of an extra 200.00!

More caviar at the PG👍😍

And we got a reduction of an additional 1000.00 total on our suite! Wow!

I look daily and today I was too busy to ck! Even on her vacation our PCC works for us!

Denise:)

Well, I sure made alot of friends by posting this topic! I am so happy that so many people (me included) were able to get additional OBC for their cruises.

Well, I sure made alot of friends by posting this topic! I am so happy that so many people (me included) were able to get additional OBC for their cruises.

It is very much appreciated, Dave. I hope you continue to post whenever you find a special. I seldom check the HAL website and many do not get emails or snail mail on the special deals, so your post was invaluable.

Edited by Lizzie68

Again and again I have benefited from CC boards. Thank you all...now my story. Looked into the National Plan a Cruise Month promo. Our cruise in Feb. 2016 was not listed but our cruise in Sept. 2016 was listed.

Called TA and asked him to check both cruises. Feb. 2016 was not available and he said HAL said the other was to far out. I then told him it was listed on their web site under this promo so I didn't understand.

He then called HAL again, seems the revenue dept. does not work weekends. But supervisor noted request and it seems I would be eligible. But we have to wait until Monday to get it into the booking??????

Moral of story as others have pointed out on these boards.....don't give up, I did my research and should qualify. I think they know I can cancel and rebook, my price of the cruise and category is exactly the same. So keeping fingers crossed all works out on Monday.

Will let you know..

After reading all the posts I phoned our big box travel group and was able to get this promotion for two of our cruises for us and for the room we had booked for our daughters. Gained several hundred dollars in OBC. They just added to our original cruise so kept same numbers.

Another success story!!! :) After a bad experience with a new TA last spring(old one retired) for our Alaska cruise in July, I realized I do all the footwork and pretty much HAND it to a TA, and new guy couldn't to do anything for me, I decided it was time to make a switch. Took a CC hint and VERY happy I did!

My cruise is on the new promotion, and then I noticed our category had a price drop as well. I called my new TA and got the price drop, plus new $400 OBC and got to keep all the other OBC I already had (I did have to give up $50 from TA OBC, but ended up with considerably more) and keep the same cabin, so I am very happy!

Thank you CC and Dave!

Karen

WOOOO HOOOOO

Just made 800.00 of OBC, us and 3 other cabins/family just got credited an additional 200.00 a cabin......SWEET!!!!!

Thanks so much for the heads up!!!!! :)

Gottla Love Cruise Critic & Thanks You So Much Dave!!!!

Edited by bigjohn42

Thank you..thank you...thank you DaveOKC ! After reading these posts almost daily, here was one from you that I was not familiar with. I called my TA with AAA and asked him to check for us to see if we qualified on our Alaska 14 day trip next May/June and YES we got an add'l $100 which went along with the other $100 Welcome home credit we already had (learned about it also on Cruise Critic) and also our $100 from HA future cruise certificate PLUS our $100 AAA Group rate PLUS $255 AAA price match with Costco (that we worked hard to get). We now have a grand total of $655 OBC. $Tips will take $336 out which is fine. We have not paid our cruise off in full yet. Purposely leaving us owing about $500 just in case other stuff happens. Our cruise price did NOT go down this time...they just added the $100 for National Cruise Promotion. We PAID awhile back $460 more for the FREE (hahhah) Explore4 for two people for 14 days (good price). Thanks again :D Total price of cruise is about $5800 for two oceanview room.

Charlene,

I would like to ask you a couple questions:

Do you find you do better with an AAA travel agent rather than booking yourself through Vacations to Go or CruCon or Priceline? I have always booked the site with the best price but would like have an agent.

Next -do you prefer Zuiderdam or Maasdam? I am choosing either one of those or Nieuw Amsterdam for holiday cruise.

Thanks so much,Merry

Again and again I have benefited from CC boards. Thank you all...now my story. Looked into the National Plan a Cruise Month promo. Our cruise in Feb. 2016 was not listed but our cruise in Sept. 2016 was listed.

Called TA and asked him to check both cruises. Feb. 2016 was not available and he said HAL said the other was to far out. I then told him it was listed on their web site under this promo so I didn't understand.

He then called HAL again, seems the revenue dept. does not work weekends. But supervisor noted request and it seems I would be eligible. But we have to wait until Monday to get it into the booking??????

Moral of story as others have pointed out on these boards.....don't give up, I did my research and should qualify. I think they know I can cancel and rebook, my price of the cruise and category is exactly the same. So keeping fingers crossed all works out on Monday.

Will let you know..

One of my cruises that qualified is in 2017. Sometimes you have to call the HAL HQ a couple of times to get the answer you need!;)

I booked my cruise on the Koningsdam under a group rate. It would be $1000 more to add Explore 4 and my cruise is not on the list for this new promotion. I'm feeling left out, but I guess I have a good cruise fare.

I booked the Koningsdam with a HAL PCC and to add the explore4 would be $700 pp so we did not.