New promotion - National Plan a Cruise Month

DaveOKC

Good until Oct. 31. From $50 to $400 per cabin.

It states that it is combinable with Explore4 ??

Check it out on HAL website.

Thank you posting this!! Just called our TA and was able to have this promo added to our Dec 2016 Westerdam cruise. We were able to keep Explore4 as well as $100 ZPM credit- so this added another $200 OBC to our booking!!

Gotta LOVE CC and all the great information here!!

Thank you posting this!! Just called our TA and was able to have this promo added to our Dec 2016 Westerdam cruise. We were able to keep Explore4 as well as $100 ZPM credit- so this added another $200 OBC to our booking!!

Glad you got it!!

Now, has anyone done this using HAL directly or through a PCC? I am having a problem getting it handled through my PCC.

Thanks! I am a bit upset with mine about this. The answer he gave me does not make sense.

Received another call from my PCC - he said that there was a problem with this promotion that broke this morning (long story) but that they got it all figured out now, so now I am qualified and got another $300 in OBC!

Happy now!

Received another call from my PCC - he said that there was a problem with this promotion that broke this morning (long story) but that they got it all figured out now, so now I am qualified and got another $300 in OBC!

Happy now!

Dave - Have you made final payment or is your cruise farther out?

Happy now!

That's good to hear! I emailed my PCC when I first read this thread. Will let you know how it goes.

Woo hoo!! When I called our TA this morning about adding this promo to our Dec 2016 booking, I wasn't thinking and totally forgot to ask about our June 2016 booking... so I called back this afternoon and now this promo is added to that one as well!! YAY!!! Again, thanks to DaveOKC for posting this.. total of $500 added OBC today between the two.

Woo hoo!! When I called our TA this morning about adding this promo to our Dec 2016 booking, I wasn't thinking and totally forgot to ask about our June 2016 booking... so I called back this afternoon and now this promo is added to that one as well!! YAY!!! Again, thanks to DaveOKC for posting this.. total of $500 added OBC today between the two.

Wow - even better news! Glad I could be of assistance.

This is what the CC boards are all about - helping each other.

Will someone please explain to me what I need to do or ask my travel agent to do?

I have not made my final payment yet and it is on the Dec. 18 PC cruise.

Thank you so much in advance (we are new to HAL and travelling as a group of 9 so this could add up!)

Its quite easy. Call your TA and have them check to see if you can add the National Plan a Cruise Month promotion to your booking. You can find the details of the promotion on the first page of the Holland America website. Not all cruises qualify.

Assuming you are on the Amsterdam for Dec. 18, it should qualify for $400 per cabin.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/Main.action

Edited by DaveOKC

Thank you Dave. I can handle that!! :D

Now one more question, every time I see a promo assuming it works for our date I should be asking for it?

Thank you again.

Yes, ask, ask, ask. And be prepared to question the answer if it does not make sense to you.

For example, I questioned why I could not get this promotion when initially told "no", but I had a good reason - it stated on the website that it could be combined with Explore4. After talking to someone "up the ladder", my PCC got it done, as he was able to point out my logic.

On the other hand, last week I tried to get the free hotel service charge added to my other bookings, but to no avail. This time it was because I paid a lower than current price and secondly that my category was sold out. Made sense to me so I did not press it. I could have cancelled and rebooked and paid $500 pp more to save $250 pp, but that did not seem like a good idea.

Happy now!

Our PCC added it to both our cruises. No need to rebook and kept all other OBC. Happy!

I just got the E4 promotion last week and it had the normal $300 OBC. Do you think this new promo would add $400 on top of that?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Yes, up to $400, depending on cruise length and cabin category.