Diamond Lounge on Liberty OTS

sugcarol

Can anyone tell me if Diamond Lounge has bottled water and soda in cans available during the day?

I don't mean to be rude, but I am very curious. :) We have a question for you. Are you asking because you have found this available on other RCI ships? or do you think this ship class is different?

I have not been in on any ship where the clubs had any beverage other than coffees, teas, and sometimes ice water is available outside of the cocktail hour.

I don't mean to be rude, but I am very curious. :) We have a question for you. Are you asking because you have found this available on other RCI ships? or do you think this ship class is different?

I have not been in on any ship where the clubs had any beverage other than coffees, teas, and sometimes ice water is available outside of the cocktail hour.

Our recent Mariner cruise there was a pitcher of OJ as well as ice water in the afternoon also some small sandwiches, fruit and cookies.

This was a surprise to us too...so perhaps it's not the class of ship but a personal choice of the onboard staff.

Our recent Mariner cruise there was a pitcher of OJ as well as ice water in the afternoon also some small sandwiches, fruit and cookies.

This was a surprise to us too...so perhaps it's not the class of ship but a personal choice of the onboard staff.

I remember the Concierge on Radiance (Juan Diego) would also put out small sandwiches in the CL at lunchtime. I thought it was a nice touch.

I remember the Concierge on Radiance (Juan Diego) would also put out small sandwiches in the CL at lunchtime. I thought it was a nice touch.

Yes...it is a nice touch.. We're just off ROS and Mahmoud put out sandwiches in the afternoon's. Very nice guy and so was the DL concierge Sunil..we actually used the DL more because of cruising with family this trip.

One afternoon just before a tour of an OS (they were trying to upsell for future cruisers...never saw this done before) they opened the CL to anyone wanting to see an OS and those sandwiches disappeared quickly ;)

I've been Diamond for several years and I sail most of the time with friends that are not. On Celebrity, cabin mates are allowed to enjoy the Elite benefits, on RCCL they are not, so I never went alone to Diamond lounge on any ship. Just wondered what was available, not sure why you would say you did not want to be rude. Was this a stupid question to ask about beverages offered?? If so, I apologize.

Edited by sugcarol

I've been Diamond for several years and I sail most of the time with friends that are not. On Celebrity, cabin mates are allowed to enjoy the Elite benefits, on RCCL they are not, so I never went alone to Diamond lounge on any ship. Just wondered what was available, not sure why you would say you did not want to be rude. Was this a stupid question to ask about beverages offered?? If so, I apologize.

Absolutely Not! People can be sensitive, and I'm not always good at conveying 'meaning' in these little sound bytes.

What I was getting at was your experience on other RCI ships. It almost sounded like you got water and soda on another RCI ship and was expecting the same to be available on Liberty. Actually I was afraid I was missing something. :D

So many have these neat boxes that say what ship they are sailing and when, I am not a tech savvy senior, so I mentioned my next cruise on Liberty in the title line.

This next cruise, both me and my closest friend will both be Diamond and she has asked me different things about Diamond, and I knew nothing about the lounges on the ships. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

So many have these neat boxes that say what ship they are sailing and when, I am not a tech savvy senior, so I mentioned my next cruise on Liberty in the title line.

This next cruise, both me and my closest friend will both be Diamond and she has asked me different things about Diamond, and I knew nothing about the lounges on the ships. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

You will also get some coupons for being Diamond:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045047

We just got off a B2B on Liberty yesterday. All they had was coffee and tea during the day.

Usually they have continental breakfast in the morning. The Liberty does not? The Quantum had the best breakfast. Chocolate cousaints (sp) cheeses pastries etc.

Usually they have continental breakfast in the morning. The Liberty does not? The Quantum had the best breakfast. Chocolate cousaints (sp) cheeses pastries etc.

Yes, there's a spread in the morning but we never got up early enough to snag any chocolate croissants!

Regarding the coffee that's available in the DL, it is the specialty coffee for making expresso, lattes, and cappuccinos. If you go to the DL on boarding day, the coffee machine is turned off and isn't turned on until the start of the cocktail hour. On the last full day on board, the machine is turned off again at the close, at 8 pm. Otherwise it's always on and you can make yourself a nice hot beverage. There are tea bags out as well if that's what you prefer.

• 1 month later...
Next cruise is first as diamond and I have a question. I've read that many/most tip for drinks in the diamond lounge. We'll only be drinking soda and was wondering what an appropriate tip amount would be.

Most people tip for SERVICE in the DL since the drinks are complimentary. We usually tip the last night of the cruise to the bar staff, and have a tip added to our onboard account for the Concierge.