Tampa hotels

hope1963

We stayed here about 8 - 10 months ago. Was absolutely great. Super nice staff, great little restaurant, had cruise port shuttle (and I assume airport shuttle, although we drove), long term cruise parking, and reasonable prices (at that time).

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-garden-inn-tampa-airport-westshore-TPAWSGI/index.html

http://www.chasehoteltampa.com/

We had reservations here for our upcoming cruise in January. Fortunately, my son moved to a bigger place that can accommodate the 5 of us flying into Tampa from out of town. They cost a little more but excellent location and shuttle from airport to port and back to airport after cruise I believe if needed. Go to their website and click on "Specials" and then the "Snooze and Cruise".

Tampa Marriott Water Side, taxi was 5 bucks to the pier. Last year we stayed at the Hilton Downtown, they had their own van that left every 30 minutes, we left a 9:30am and were checked in by 10:15am. We love going out of Tampa, easy to fly in, easy to stay, quick easy ride back to the airport.

My vote is to stay in town especially if you fly in the day before like we do. We normally arrive by 11am, plenty to do and never had an issue checking in early

Edited by Laszlo

http://www.chasehoteltampa.com/

We had reservations here for our upcoming cruise in January. Fortunately, my son moved to a bigger place that can accommodate the 5 of us flying into Tampa from out of town. They cost a little more but excellent location and shuttle from airport to port and back to airport after cruise I believe if needed. Go to their website and click on "Specials" and then the "Snooze and Cruise".

We stayed here also. They had shuttle from airport, from hotel to ship, and even picked you up from the ship and took you to the airport after the cruise.

There was a nominal fee and there is a Bahama Breeze restaurant right next door.

This was a couple years ago so i'd double check with them before booking.

Bill

We stay at the Sheraton Riverwalk when we sail from Tampa. Great location, shuttle to the port, or you could even walk if you were so inclined. It's only a few blocks if you pack light....haha. Wherever you choose, enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for all the suggestions, now I'll get busy and check them out. My friend and I are going on NCL Star on 2/7, maybe one of you will be joining us?

Another option is to check on any of the popular hotel sites [expedia, booking. com, etc] and use the filter to narrow down the choices to hotels with airport shuttles and go from there. I am on the same sailing as you, join our roll call!!!, there are several hotel suggestions on the roll call too.

We will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott downtown...2 miles to port. It has good reviews, and is less expensive than the Marriott Waterside. Has a free shuttle to the port, and will also take you anywhere within 2 miles for dinner etc.

We will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott downtown...2 miles to port. It has good reviews, and is less expensive than the Marriott Waterside. Has a free shuttle to the port, and will also take you anywhere within 2 miles for dinner etc.

Do they have a shuttle from the airport as well?

Has anyone looked at / stayed at a hotel in Brandon? We have a rental car ( coming from MCO) and got a great price on an Embassy Suites in Brandon. $150 less then the one at the port and $100 less then Tampa airport.

Thinking it's about 10 , 15 min drive in the morning to get to the port ( dropping car off at Marriot waterside. Was considering staying at the Marriot, but I love the idea of a free breakfast. And, again, Marriot was double the price of the Brandon hotel.

Edited by son3cruisers