MS Westerdam Sail-Away October 14, 2015

aliaschief

For you folks who have never done this. A quick tutorial. First of all welcome aboard.

There are two cameras one is located in the condo complex and that is the cam that gets close in shots as the ship passes and heads out to the Atlantic. The other cam is located atop the Hyatt Hotel Pier Sixty-Six. This cam gives more panoramic shots of the entire port and is what many will initially watch as the ship leaves the wharf. Web cam selection is in the upper left corner "Watch another Web Cam"

It is good to have both cams open so you can switch back and forth. Do have the volume turned off on one or you will probably get echo feed back.

It is important to refresh the cams now and than or eventually they will stop and freeze up.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com

So if your new or rusty I suggest you practice a little.

It helps if you pay attention to previous post so there is less duplication of post. We are here to enjoy watching and sharing one of our favorite past times. Cruising.

Please be respectful toward each other and most of all let's have fun.

Westerdam has notified Harbor Master that they are now requesting a 4:30 departure. Lots of new stores to load and maybe the ship is going through some inspections.

Edited by aliaschief

Hi, Mumsy. My DH really enjoyed meeting up with you both for lunch the other day in England! He is home again now, terribly jet-lagged - every time he sits down he falls asleep!:eek:

Glad he's home safely. We really enjoyed spending time with him too.

My DH doesn't need to be jet-lagged to fall asleep every time he sits down ... But hey ho! ;)

Howdy everyone, good to see the old crew here and the Westie in her berth!

By the way, I have the "TOOT" banner that I will mail to anyone who wants to use it. Just send an email to wolfmark(at)yahoo.com with an address and I'll send it along. It will have to wait until I get back from our Maasdam cruise on the 30th of Oct before I can send it though. :cool:

Saw her come in earlier. If you aren't from around here, it's hard to explain the boat show. There's an enormous building that popped up on the west side of the bridge, just up from the Princess berth. It's pretty fascinating.

Yeah, I heard that annual boat show is a big thing in your neck of the woods. Is she carrying six yachts, port and starboard side? ;)

By the way, I have the "TOOT" banner that I will mail to anyone who wants to use it. Just send an email to wolfmark(at)yahoo.com with an address and I'll send it along. It will have to wait until I get back from our Maasdam cruise on the 30th of Oct before I can send it though. :cool:

I wish we could, but we are sailing out of San Diego next year. Oh well ;) We'll have to sacrifice ;)

And if you miss the sailaway today you only have to wait till Saturday to see it again! ;)

She is leaving today on a three day charter for Sysco's top sales people.

She's staying in the Bahamas, Nassau tomorrow and HMC on Friday

Stock up on the Guinness Beer!

Having a celebratory libation here as we were offered a reasonable up sell today and will be cruising down the Saint Lawrence, Maritimes and Atlantic Coast in a Neptune Suite on the beautiful MS Maasdam.

Our Hal PCC is precious.:)

Congratulations on the upsell!!

Packed and just waiting to go here Rich. Looking forward to meeting you and Deb Friday night.

For you folks who have never done this. A quick tutorial. First of all welcome aboard.

There are two cameras one is located in the condo complex and that is the cam that gets close in shots as the ship passes and heads out to the Atlantic. The other cam is located atop the Hyatt Hotel Pier Sixty-Six. This cam gives more panoramic shots of the entire port and is what many will initially watch as the ship leaves the wharf. Web cam selection is in the upper left corner "Watch another Web Cam"

It is good to have both cams open so you can switch back and forth. Do have the volume turned off on one or you will probably get echo feed back.

It is important to refresh the cams now and than or eventually they will stop and freeze up.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com

So if your new or rusty I suggest you practice a little.

It helps if you pay attention to previous post so there is less duplication of post. We are here to enjoy watching and sharing one of our favorite past times. Cruising.

Please be respectful toward each other and most of all let's have fun.

Westerdam has notified Harbor Master that they are now requesting a 4:30 departure. Lots of new stores to load and maybe the ship is going through some inspections.

Just going to be moving this up for any new folks joining us.