UBER is back in Ft Lauderdale

royalcruz

I (as a solo traveler) need to go from FLL to Intercontinental in Miami (in Feb) and want to do it is as cheaply as possible. Is Uber my best bet? Are some of first ride Coupon codes still worth $20 or have they reduced the value? I downloaded the app and it is saying the free ride is up to $15. Thanks!

Edited by DeBlonde1

We will be getting off a cruise in POM and need transportation to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

Then 10 days later need transportation from Port Everglades to Miami Int. Airport.

Can Uber pick us up at POM?

Can Uber pick us up from Port Everglades?

And finally, does Uber take you that far?

Thanks!

We will be getting off a cruise in POM and need transportation to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

Then 10 days later need transportation from Port Everglades to Miami Int. Airport.

Thanks!

Yes, yes, and yes!

Thanks!

YES YES YES ;)

Use this code if you want 15 dollars off your first ride!

lisab11006ue

YES YES YES ;)

Use this code if you want 15 dollars off your first ride!

lisab11006ue

Thanks.

We already use Uber so it won't be our first ride.

Any idea of approximately how much each ride will be?

The POM to Fort Lauderdale hotel is a Sunday so might be peak.

The Port Everglades to MIA is a Thursday.

A cab seems to be around $80.

Hi! Thanks to all that they help me with my doubt and questions about Uber.

I use it for my first time last week and I'm very happy for choosing this way to transfer between airport to hotel to port and port again.

Uber app for iPhone is very easy to use!

I write here my experience about km, prices and rides so maybe it can help other of you.

Sunday ride between Miami airport to hotel in Pompano Beach:

70a5bb497393977397b666044eb955e8.jpg

Monday ride between hotel in Pompano to Port Everglades (terminal 25 Royal Caribbean):

b4acafcffcbbd6ca80a4424ca02fb2f4.jpg

Saturday ride between Port Everglades (terminal 25 Royal Caribbean) + stop at hotel near Miami Intl airport (for pick up of a friend) and then go to Port of Miami (Celebrity Reflection)

ab09b88e17281f153282854d3f20ab2a.jpg

Definitively very happy for the service I had and for very clean cars and good drivers!

I'll use again Uber in the future

For free rides up to 15$ you can use this code: uberSole71

Thank you SO MUCH Sole!!!!

The quotes I'm getting for a shared van are about $70 each way so the $56 that your private ride costs looks very good!

We usually like to have reservations in place before we go on any trip but will go with Uber this time!

Thanks again! :D

Thanks.

We already use Uber so it won't be our first ride.

Any idea of approximately how much each ride will be?

The POM to Fort Lauderdale hotel is a Sunday so might be peak.

The Port Everglades to MIA is a Thursday.

A cab seems to be around $80.

Sunday probably will not be peak but Thursday morning will certainly be.

Honestly, I'd have breakfast somewhere in Fort Lauderdale then hit the road about 10AM to avoid surge charges and insane traffic.

A couple of weeks ago they had some whacko shooting up I95 and the police shut down all twelve lanes in BOTH directions for ten hours or so.

Sunday probably will not be peak but Thursday morning will certainly be.

Honestly, I'd have breakfast somewhere in Fort Lauderdale then hit the road about 10AM to avoid surge charges and insane traffic.

A couple of weeks ago they had some whacko shooting up I95 and the police shut down all twelve lanes in BOTH directions for ten hours or so.

Thanks for the advice.

That's interesting - I thought the opposite.

Our flight out isn't until 3 so we will try to be some of the last passengers off the ship at 10 or so. (Someone has to be last, right? ;) )

The situation with the shooter is, hopefully, a one time thing!

Uber noober. Is there an end time for this service if we needed a van/suv option for 3 adults + 1 child and luggage?

Our flight comes in at 8:20pm so it may be a little later by the time we gather luggage etc.

If you havent signed up yet, here is a code for a free ride up to 15$ for Canadians that I have for you.

lisab11006ue

I'm a 50ish woman and use Uber frequently when travelling for business. It's a great service and I would recommend highly! Planning on using Uber from FLL to our hotel in Miami Beach in Feb.

If anyone needs a promo code, feel free to use mine: kathyc95

Just returned from cruise that returned to Port Everglades on Sunday. All ships docks were full and taxis and shuttles were overwhelmed. Called uber and request Xl with no issues except their wait time getting past security. Very affordable and used three times Sunday and at 4:30AM to the airport. Great friendly service. Please do not use the Hertz near the port. Shuttle had issues and staff overwhelmed with everyone wanting to return and rent cars all at the same time with those sailing out and returning.

I'm a 50ish woman and use Uber frequently when travelling for business. It's a great service and I would recommend highly! Planning on using Uber from FLL to our hotel in Miami Beach in Feb.

If anyone needs a promo code, feel free to use mine: kathyc95

Thank you pennychips. We just signed up and used your promo code.

I have an Uber question.

I'm gonna use Uber to get me and my sister from the cruise port to a hotel. . And the next day to get us to the airport. . But.. we have to be at the airport at 6am. Do you think I'll be able to get one that early??

Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

Miami definitely. They have clubs that don't even open until 6am and some that are open 24/7.

Fort Lauderdale you SHOULD be able to but not quite as plentiful as Miami that early (or, actually late).

Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

Miami definitely. They have clubs that don't even open until 6am and some that are open 24/7.

Fort Lauderdale you SHOULD be able to but not quite as plentiful as Miami that early (or, actually late).

Fort Lauderdale airport. I sure wish I could pre book with uber!!! Makes me nervous to know have a ride set up for the airport . Not too worried about getting off the ship and getting to the hotel, no time crunch there.

We're looking to use Uber from the Hyatt Pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale to the Miami Cruise Port. Will be on a Sunday morning in April. Are there issues with the Uber drivers getting into the port and to our ship? Looks like an X will be about $37 and an XL about $67. Does that sound right?

Thanks! Just heard about Uber recently.

Jane

Edited by Lady Jane