UBER is back in Ft Lauderdale

royalcruz

Uber noober. Is there an end time for this service if we needed a van/suv option for 3 adults + 1 child and luggage?

Our flight comes in at 8:20pm so it may be a little later by the time we gather luggage etc.

We came in to FLL at 10:45pm and had no problem getting a driver. We didn't have a van, but I would think there would be vans available near the airport, regardless of the time.

Today, we took Lyft from FLL to Lester's Diner and then from a nearby shopping center to the Oasis of the Seas. Both times were practically free and had not problems. Since were first timers on Lyft, we get five free rides (up to $10 per ride).

Highly recommended.

Uber noober. Is there an end time for this service if we needed a van/suv option for 3 adults + 1 child and luggage?

Our flight comes in at 8:20pm so it may be a little later by the time we gather luggage etc.

No, they drive 24/7.

My godson gets off from his restaurant job around 11 or 12 and then Ubers until 3am on the nights he has to work at the restaurant.

If the insurance issues are a concern, keep in mind you can always select Uber Black or LUX if the option is available. While it's definitely more expensive than Uber X, those drivers must have commercial insurance and other permits just like a regular black car/limo service would have.

Used Uber for our ride from the Sleep Inn in Dania Beach to Port Everglades, my son got a car for 2 and I got a SUV for 4 of us. We used BlueHeron's code for $20 off, my sons ride was free and mine cost $6.23 for the four of us after the coupon!:D THANKS BLUEHERONS!!!:D:D:D

The black Honda Pilot that picked us up was the nicest and cleanest cab i have ever been in, the leather seats and friendly driver were the best!! It only took 4 minutes from the time we hit the button to order our Uber car till it showed up! Our friends that traveled with us decided to order a cab and they waited 30 minutes before they gave up and got the Uber app and their car was there in 5 minutes!

I did use a cab when we got off the Oasis, as they were right there when we got out of the terminal, cost us $12.90 to get a van ride for 4 to the airport.

Keith

Hi all I'm from Switzerland and I speak Italian... so, sorry if my English is not so good, for read/writing here, sometimes I use a translator.

I downloaded the Uber app for iPhone and I can understand if I can use my pre-payed credit card (MasterCard) or not.

After that I need again your help about using Uber

The 27th I'll arrive at Miami airport and I have to go in Pompano Beach for one night stay before sailing the 28th from Port Everglades onboard the Independence of the Seas.

Do you think I can use Uber for those transfers? I'm traveling alone, it worth much than a cab/taxi or not?

Anyone can help my or give me a suggestion?

Thank you [emoji4]

Elena

Hi all I'm from Switzerland and I speak Italian... so, sorry if my English is not so good, for read/writing here, sometimes I use a translator.

I downloaded the Uber app for iPhone and I can understand if I can use my pre-payed credit card (MasterCard) or not.

The 27th I'll arrive at Miami airport and I have to go in Pompano Beach for one night stay before sailing the 28th from Port Everglades onboard the Independence of the Seas.

Do you think I can use Uber for those transfers? I'm traveling alone, it worth much than a cab/taxi or not?

Thank you [emoji4]

Elena

Hi Elena! Just wanted to say we will be on the same cruise! See you onboard!!

Thank you [emoji4]

Elena

Anyone can help me? Every idea or thought or suggestion will be very appreciate [emoji4][emoji106]🏼

Ciao, Elena

Ps: I also saw that there is a train, the Tri-Rail, but perhaps less comfortable with suitcase in tow, or not?

Sole-That looks like a 36 mile long trip-Might be too long for Uber-My advise would be to rent a car-they are very affordable-you can drop off at the airport and get a free shuttle to the port-The Ft lauderdale airport is 5-10 minutes away from the port.

A car would cost you $25-$75-plus gas-there are some good deals out there.

Cab fare would be about $90-$100 from Mia to Pompano and another $50-$60 to port

I think my numbers are close but maybe a local can confirm

Edited by harry0

Sole-That looks like a 36 mile long trip-Might be too long for Uber-My advise would be to rent a car-they are very affordable-you can drop off at the airport and get a free shuttle to the port-The Ft lauderdale airport is 5-10 minutes away from the port.

A car would cost you $25-$75-plus gas-there are some good deals out there.

Cab fare would be about $90-$100 from Mia to Pompano and another $50-$60 to port

I think my numbers are close but maybe a local can confirm

Uber drivers do this drive every day, all day long. Uber is much cheaper than a cab.

Used Uber for our ride from the Sleep Inn in Dania Beach to Port Everglades, my son got a car for 2 and I got a SUV for 4 of us. We used BlueHeron's code for $20 off, my sons ride was free and mine cost $6.23 for the four of us after the coupon!:D THANKS BLUEHERONS!!!:D:D:D

No, thank you very much! I also got a free ride! I really appreciate it!

Uber drivers do this drive every day, all day long. Uber is much cheaper than a cab.

Thanks Blueherons-Uber would be the way to go

Sole-If you want to use my code haroldh377ue for your first ride you will get $15 off

-So will I

Good luck

I used Uber-and Lyft several times while in Ft Lauderdale all worked out well-My only advise is to familiarize yourself with the area with google maps so you know that you are headed in the right direction. My first driver took off in the wrong direction for 5 minutes and had to turn around-he was a little mixed up as far as the destination

Yes here is the estimate

uberX: $47-62 uberXL: $105-140 LUX: $129-171 LUX SUV: $256-340

Minus $15 for your first ride using the code haroldh377ue

I never used Uber in west palm but have in Ft Lauderdale

Edited by harry0

My advise would be to rent a car-they are very affordable-you can drop off at the airport and get a free shuttle to the port-The Ft lauderdale airport is 5-10 minutes away from the port

Hi Harry and thank you for you suggestion. I was in 2013 exactly in the situation you describe (we cruised on Oasis) but I was with a friend and with him we took a car and then the shuttle... and so... all good...

But honestly this time, because I'm tired, and I'm traveling alone, I prefer to take a cab or Uber so I have no problems, nothing to worry.... they just drop off me where I need :P

Thank you so much BlueHerons. Now I'm more relaxed... No anxiety about I'm doing the right and safe thing :-)

Sole-If you want to use my code haroldh377ue for your first ride you will get $15 off

Harry... do you know if I can cancel an previous code? I tried to insert your but when I install Uber on my phone I read on this topic another code and I used it (and I don't remember which code is! [emoji23]) if exist a way to change the code tell me so I can cancel and insert one different

In every case thanks to you all for helping me

Ciao

Elena

Edited by Sole