Dawn Drydock 2016

leekel619

Moderno is moving up to the 13th deck and will be going where the Star Bar was......O'sheehans will be taking over the entire 8th deck in the atrium...

Yes, that is what I learned from the other drydock thread. Moderno moving up to 13 opposite Cagneys. According to that thread, Moderno will be the venue for suite breakfast and lunch.

To see what the new layout will look like, advice was to look at the deck plan for the Gem, which underwent these changes in 2015 drydock. If you look at 13, they placed a Sugarcane Mojito Bar right next to Moderno. All the newer ships have a bar situated between Cagneys and Moderno. Really a nice bar, and it's a shame that it is probably the most under utilized place on the ship. Never any music. Just dead. IMO, maybe a bad spot to put the very popular Mojito bar. It is very out of the way, and unless you are going to Cagneys or Moderno, you might not know it was there. If it has the same atmosphere as the bars currently between those two venues on the away ships, it will not be a hang out like the old Star Bar for sure.

Edited by punkincc

Isn't this an unusual time to be doing drydock on the DAWN? Right in the middle of prime Bermuda season!!!! They should have done it a few months ago.

It was originally scheduled for May 8. It was postponed so NCL added a 10 day NOLA to the Western Caribbean cruise (we were on it :))

I haven't heard a whisper about it, so I'm assuming the answer is no, but any idea if the Dawn's spa will now have the heated lounges? I know they're adding a nail salon or something, and assume they would mention such an upgrade, but hoping they did anyway! :)

Going at the end of summer and probably wouldn't bother with the spa pass, but if they had the fancy lounges, I might give it a go for a day pass.

Does anyone have a link to the webcam so we can see the Dawn in drydock?

Phoenix1181 - this is a link to the Dawn webcam showing the dry dock.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/ncl_dawn/ncl_dawn1.php

I see you are scheduled on the Dawn within a week, give us a report on how good a job they did on the Dawn after your cruise. Enjoy.

Edited by Jolokia

Phoenix1181 - this is a link to the Dawn webcam showing the dry dock.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/ncl_dawn/ncl_dawn1.php

I see you are scheduled on the Dawn within a week, give us a report on how good a job they did on the Dawn after your cruise. Enjoy.

Thanks! I was hoping there was a webcam that would show activity around the ship. :( (exterior) I've got my fingers crossed that the work is actually finished when we board on Friday............

Thanks! I was hoping there was a webcam that would show activity around the ship. :( (exterior) I've got my fingers crossed that the work is actually finished when we board on Friday............

There is an active Roll Call for next Friday's cruise, join in. We have been sharing quite a bit of information on the dry dock and all the upcoming changes.

Is there a new restaurant being added to the Dawn? I read in the 6/17 roll call for the Dawn that they are adding a new Mexican restaurant at the aft side of the buffet on deck 12. Also the buffet is going to change to stations instead of just the one long line.

Is there a new restaurant being added to the Dawn? I read in the 6/17 roll call for the Dawn that they are adding a new Mexican restaurant at the aft side of the buffet on deck 12. Also the buffet is going to change to stations instead of just the one long line.

That's the rumor but NCL isn't talking! Some of the information out there is consistent, like Moderno moving up & O'Sheehan's Pub taking over that space & Blue Lagoon, but other things are still guess work until we board.

We received an email yesterday with some links and one was a "mini-guide" so I was thrilled...........until I opened it. It says the PDF was updated 05/05/16, just before drydock & it's got no new information! Still shows Morderno on 8, Star Bar, no change of location for Le Bistro & LaCucina, etc.

Looks like we'll know when we board & not before..........

HaHaHa ya right finish.

FYI Dawn never finished from the last dry dock.

I mentioned missing trim caps on deck 12's rehab from last dry dock to crew a few times over the years.

I heard " we ordered the parts they have not come in yet " to many times.:rolleyes:

HaHaHa ya right finish.

FYI Dawn never finished from the last dry dock.

I mentioned missing trim caps on deck 12's rehab from last dry dock to crew a few times over the years.

I heard " we ordered the parts they have not come in yet " to many times.:rolleyes:

Thanks a lot! This is not what I want to hear!