How do we book the ship's chapel for our 25th ANNIVERSARY VOW RENEWAL?

Dinkachu

I've been searching the RCCL website for 2 days to try to find out how to book the Vision of the Seas chapel for our 25th Wedding Anniversary Vow renewal.

I called the help line twice. Once I was put on hold for 20 minutes before the call dropped and the 2nd time the sweet young lady said she had no idea.

Has anyone booked the chapel on an RCCL ship? How did you go about doing so? Was there a charge? I know they are small, how can I find out how many people the chapel will hold? There will be 12 guest and ourselves - for a total of 14.

Thank you,

Lindy

I've been searching the RCCL website for 2 days to try to find out how to book the Vision of the Seas chapel for our 25th Wedding Anniversary Vow renewal.

I called the help line twice. Once I was put on hold for 20 minutes before the call dropped and the 2nd time the sweet young lady said she had no idea.

Has anyone booked the chapel on an RCCL ship? How did you go about doing so? Was there a charge? I know they are small, how can I find out how many people the chapel will hold? There will be 12 guest and ourselves - for a total of 14.

Thank you,

Lindy

Not aware of a chapel on Vision.

Here's the info, you better be sitting down when you see the prices:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/weddings/productBundle.do?pagename=web_page_weddings_landing_packages

Contact group services and ask for space for a small gathering. They will offer a conference room, card room or other small room. No charge unless you want to buy drinks/food. I think there is a 20 person minimum for food/ drink. We were told by Anthem group coordinator that we are welcome to decorate however we'd like, bring in bottles of champagne and use the projector/ sound system. It's how we are avoiding the $1200 vow renewal fee (outrageous!)

Thank you for the information and link.

We are now re-thinking the cruise as a choice for our vow renewal.

We can get a nice chapel at a local 4 star beach resort for way less than 1,200 and more friends will be able to attend.

If we just wanted to celebrate our 25th anniversary in a conference room, we could do that for free.

I am disappointed to say the least.

When looking at the prices for vow renewals, it's a great time to really think about what you WANT for it. What your point of the renewal is.

For me, I want another party. So a cruise makes no sense, because none of my friends cruise. If some of them cruised, then I'd plunk down the big bucks to do it onboard.

If it was about looking pretty (and handsome...can't forget DH) and re-doing vows to each other, then we'd give our son a camera and say vows to each other on our balcony. Because NO vow renewal *requires* someone else to be there; they aren't legally binding or anything like that.

And there are many other ways to do a renewal. Just gotta figure out what's important to you.

When looking at the prices for vow renewals, it's a great time to really think about what you WANT for it. What your point of the renewal is.

For me, I want another party. So a cruise makes no sense, because none of my friends cruise. If some of them cruised, then I'd plunk down the big bucks to do it onboard.

If it was about looking pretty (and handsome...can't forget DH) and re-doing vows to each other, then we'd give our son a camera and say vows to each other on our balcony. Because NO vow renewal *requires* someone else to be there; they aren't legally binding or anything like that.

And there are many other ways to do a renewal. Just gotta figure out what's important to you.

Good post, We considered it, but would only spend that kind of money if we could do a big party. We were on Voyager for our 25th, Freedom for our 27th, Allure for our 30th and 32, Jewel for our 33rd, Freedom for our 34th and will be on Oasis for our 35th. Every anniversary cruise is a renewal in its own way as long as we are together.

Here's what I am doing for my parents to give an idea. As an FYI, they turned 70 last year and had a large party with all their friends so another large party wasn't a necessity. Our immediate family (their children & grandchildren) will be there on the cruise.

1) vow renewal on the beach in Nassau. Local minister for $240. I am bringing decorations. I have packets of pink and white flower petals which I intend to sprinkle sling a walkway and then make a heart in the sand. I made bouquets for all of us and men's boutenierres from silk flowers (white and pink). I have 8 bamboo poles and intend to wire palm leaves and tulle Pom poms to them. I have a tiny golfing table and table cloth to hold a photo of them, and s jar of shells. I am hoping it looks beautiful. I am copying some ideas from on-line

2) party on wedding anniversary day. Booked the conference room which I wil decorate in all gold and white decorations. I'll order 2 bottles of champagne. I am making a slide show set to music of all photos of us through the years that will play in the background. I have jars of sand to do a sand ceremony (Google it) modified to be a layer of sand from each of their family (8 layers). I gave a few small gifts I'll wrap. We'll be dressed formally and will head to the Grande for dinner after where I will have the table pre-decorated and a cake arranged.

All this will cost me $240 + 2 bottles of champagne + around $50 for the flowers/decorations.

For what's it's worth, the vow renewals through RCCL aren't typically done in the chapel. They assign you a conf room or card room (unless group is huge) and its performed by some "third rate" officer. Not the captain or his crew. Like an assustant, assistant cruise director or something. We decided a bland conf room and an officiant of that status was most certainly not worth $1200.

I'll let you know how my plan works out!

We renewed our vows in the chapel on Adventure of the Seas. There was only my husband and myself, and although it was a lovely day overall, the service was only 15 minutes long at the most, and I now think it was incredibly expensive.

Nothing was included, everything else such as flowers, drinks etc was extra. I had to provide my own music on CD.

Our most fun was with other passengers congratulating us and buying us drinks, and the assigned photographers, however, for the full set of photos we were asked for $1200!

I know others have had far better experiences than we did, with all sorts included. I really do think it's dependent on which ship and which co-ordinator you get.

And Royal Romance were just dreadful in the initial stages of trying to book the ceremony. They never replied to emails and I had to email a management secretary to evoke a response.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

...And Royal Romance were just dreadful in the initial stages of trying to book the ceremony. They never replied to emails and I had to email a management secretary to evoke a response....

Very similar to our experience with Royal Romance for a recent wedding. Based on our experience, I could not recommend them to plan a wedding.

...I am disappointed to say the least.

Aww, well I would advise you to turn your energy toward making the day special for you and your partner. Think about what you want, not about what somebody will sell you for an exorbitant fee.

What is your itinerary? What about a beach renewal in one of the ports?

We are doing a renewal in April on Liberty for our 20th. I will probably purchase a small bouquet from Flowers on Board and just pluck one for DH. We will dress Hawaiian and have Kakua nut leis on.

There are 14 family members with us and we're going to just show up in the chapel one day and do a 15 minute we write the sentiments ceremony. We aren't telling anyone else.

I have visited the chapel many times, its always empty, who would care if you go in there. Then we'll move to one of the bar areas (most likely Viking Crown which is just downstairs from the chapel) and party down.

Edited by BecciBoo

We are doing a renewal in April on Liberty for our 20th. I will probably purchase a small bouquet from Flowers on Board and just pluck one for DH. We will dress Hawaiian and have Kakua nut leis on.

There are 14 family members with us and we're going to just show up in the chapel one day and do a 15 minute we write the sentiments ceremony. We aren't telling anyone else.

I have visited the chapel many times, its always empty, who would care if you go in there. Then we'll move to one of the bar areas (most likely Viking Crown which is just downstairs from the chapel) and party down.

I love your idea, and wish we'd have done something similar.

You're right too, every time I've been up to the chapel there has never been anyone in there. And even if there was I'm sure they'd be more than happy for you.

Just one point, Is Flowers on Board the florist ? If so please check that it is still on Liberty, because I intended to do that for our vow renewal and found out that Adventure no longer had a florist on board- no flowers for me sadly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you,

Lindy

There are a lot of vendors in various ports that do Vow Renewals for a fraction of the cost to Royal Romance. The local venues also have better reviews than RR!!

The other option is a "Do It Yourself" ceremony. and have someone in your group 'marry the two of you'

Just one point, Is Flowers on Board the florist ? If so please check that it is still on Liberty, because I intended to do that for our vow renewal and found out that Adventure no longer had a florist on board- no flowers for me sadly.

That was my first thought too. I believe the flower carts on board has been gone for a couple of years, now.