Does the Celebrity Reflection have a venue where they play movies?

GuavaTechAngels

And if so...will they play this?

We're going on our first Celebrity cruise in Dec. and we'll be on the ocean when this comes out!

The chances are NO as few new releases are on board unlike airlines. If it is onboard you can watch it in your cabin but it may be a pay per view movie if it is there

And I would think that if any cruise line were to have it, it would be Disney since Star Wars is a Disney franchise these days. It's going to be a huge movie. Maybe one of the ports you're going to will have a theater showing it?

The last 3 were so terrible that I'm just going to wait for the DVD. :)

And I would think that if any cruise line were to have it, it would be Disney since Star Wars is a Disney franchise these days. It's going to be a huge movie. Maybe one of the ports you're going to will have a theater showing it?

The last 3 were so terrible that I'm just going to wait for the DVD. :)

Disney does do first run movies on their ships, same week they are out in theaters.

S class ships have great tvs. They have around 20 free movies and ten or so more recent releases for a fee. I watch many movies especially on transatlantic cruises and many see days. The movies are usually anything 6 months to 1 year old for free. Better than any other cruise line.

There is also a channel or two that have the same movies.

And if so...will they play this?

We're going on our first Celebrity cruise in Dec. and we'll be on the ocean when this comes out!

We just got off the Reflection a week ago and they had movies playing in the room and on certain days in Celebrity Central. The movies were somewhat recent movies that have just been released on DVD or are about to be released. The ones I remember include: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Kingsmen, Ex Machina, Interstellar, Age of Adeline, Guardians of the Galaxy, American Sniper, Exodus, Cinderella.

Planning wrong you did.

yoda_detail-229x300.png

LOVE IT!!!!!

Yes, you should have booked on a DCL ship!

DCL does advance premiers in at sea. We saw Oz the Great and Powerful at sea; the night before it premiered around the world! They ran it several time during our sailing in the main theatre.

It's not going to play on DCL either, at least not first run. Disney's contract with Lucasfilms doesn't allow it.

Ummm wrong. Disney now owns Star Wars and can pretty much do what it pleases.

OP - 0% chance. We'll be seeing it after as well.

Edited by notsomadhatter

Did not look at the You Tube link, no cruise line shows first run new release movies.

Disney definitively does show new releases. They call them "premEARs" (get it?). The current scuttlebutt is that their website has a line about the next Star Wars-themed Disney cruise being the only Star Wars-themed cruise that will be showing the newest film at sea. Some people argue that they're going to wait until that cruise to show it. Others say that means that only Disney will show it--so you can't book another Star Wars-themed cruise and expect to see this film. I tend to think it's the latter. Bottom line is that Disney cruise lines will be showing it at some point. Celebrity won't.

Disney definitively does show new releases. They call them "premEARs" (get it?). The current scuttlebutt is that their website has a line about the next Star Wars-themed Disney cruise being the only Star Wars-themed cruise that will be showing the newest film at sea. Some people argue that they're going to wait until that cruise to show it. Others say that means that only Disney will show it--so you can't book another Star Wars-themed cruise and expect to see this film. I tend to think it's the latter. Bottom line is that Disney cruise lines will be showing it at some point. Celebrity won't.

Gotcha! Just have not kept up with the journeys and purchases of the Mouse. :rolleyes:

Doesn't Disney own Lucas Films?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yes, but they're not run as one company, and there are likely provisions in the acquisition agreements regarding Star Wars. Just like Disney now owns Marvel, but the Marvel characters are still at Universal Orlando.

Disney showed all six current Star Wars movies in the theater on their Hawaii cruises a couple months ago -- not sure about the TA cruises. And the Dream, which just debuted this week after a "reimagination," now has a full-fledged Millennium Falcon interior recreation in the kids' club. (The unofficial DCL Blog has a post about it today.) You can bet your bippy they will be premiering the film at sea the same time it premiers on land. They are even doing a series of "Star Wars Day at Sea" cruises on the Fantasy in Jan/Feb.

Marvel characters are still at Universal Orlando because of a contract that was written years ago and until that contract ends they will stay outside the Disney Orlando theme parks (though Disney has cheated the edges by having Marvel characters on their Monorails on the resort loop, for instance). The Marvel characters do meet-n-greets inside Disneyland in California. It's huge news that Spiderman will be making his Disney parks debut there soon.