Princess food favorites...

Greengirl

I posted this over on the cruise foodies board too

Ok...let's hear about all the wonderful food I hope to encounter on my cruise. Not just the name of the entree or dessert, but the descriptions too. Don't leave out any details!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;03;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

3/5/05 Honeymoon Cruise To Hawaii On The Island Princess

Those escargots and french onion soup keep me coming back. OK, I'm weird, but I do love that French menu. I was very pleased to find out that Princess has improved it's dining room food quite noticeably. I've got the extra poundage as evidence. Hello, South Beach diet.

Coming up:

Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04

Golden Princess Apr 10/04

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

I love the souffles for desert they just melt in the mouth. Lobster,Alaska King Crab Legs,Rack of Lamb,Fillie Mignon plus a Great Caesars Salad .Oh not forgetting the Smoked Salmon Bagel at breakfast...Yum,Yum. icon_biggrin.gif

I love the cold soups...pear, pumpkin, fruit medly--they're sweet and refeshing, but not so sweet that it's like a dessert. I also love the souffles. I just had the chocolate hazelnut, halequin, passion fruit and strawberry. Very light and fluffy. They also come with a warm vanilla sauce that I wish I knew how to make.

Chocolate Banana.... Two a day mininum! icon_biggrin.gif

I had a pot pie at lunch on the Grand back in Sep/03, I ordered THREE of them after trying the first one. Haven't seen it yet, went looking for it on the Dawn back in Feb, wasn't there.

----------

Sept/1998 - Grand Princess (Inaugural Year, Eastern Carib)

Apr/2003 - Grand Princess (Married at Sea!, Western Carib)

Sep/2003 - Grand Princess (No inlaws this time, Eastern Carib)

Feb/2004 - Dawn Princess (Something different, Southern Carib)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PaulieM:

I had a pot pie at lunch on the Grand back in Sep/03, I ordered THREE of them after trying the first one. Haven't seen it yet, went looking for it on the Dawn back in Feb, wasn't there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try the shepherd's pie at lunch. I resisted not ordering a second, but barely.

Just completed:

Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04

Golden Princess Apr 10/04

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Haven't seen anything on here yet that we didn't like! Some nights we couldn't make up our minds about dessert, the waiter brought them all. One night DW wanted all the entrees (French night), so he brought smaller portions of each. You want it...you got it! icon_biggrin.gif

Island Princess Feb. 2004

Grand Princess Feb. 2002

Norwegian Sky Feb. 2001

Souffles! Especially the Harlequin Soufflee.

There is a spinach salad I like with pine nuts and parmesan cheese that is served one night. I ask for that as my entree.

I was pleasantly surprised with a lasagna I ordered for lunch in the dining room one day.

I do like the pizza -especially on the Sun class ships.

If you can pass up the "usual" luscious desserts or too stuffed for a rich dessert, try the sorbets. They are out of this world! Small chunks of fruit surrounded by flavor rich sorbet! Black cherry was my favorite!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;12;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

12/2/04 Sun Princes

2/27/04 Golden Princess

11/21/03 Majesty of the Seas

Carnival 10/87

NCL 4/93

Norway 4/95

Costa 5/97

You are all making me hungery!

THe New York CHesse Cake w/ extra strawberry sauce was a table fav for us.

Main courses . . . the rack of lamb, Lobster tails (ordered 2 dinners each!) & of course the med rare prime rib (son had 2 at a time).

Amazingly, the shrimp cocktail seemed ordinary, but had one each night . . . quess we were getting spoiled.

All of the receipes are available in the Princes receipe book that can be found in the ship store for $35. Or you can order one from your waiter for $28 & receive it at the next nights dinner!

Laurie

In the Pacific Moon Dining Room (anytime dining) on the Diamond they feature "Brazo de Mercedes". It is a custard type stuff wrapped in meringue with a semi sweet chocolate straw thrown in. It was the only dessert I had twice. I also enjoyed everything else I ordered.

Diamond Princess 04/10/04

Regal Princess 08/04/04

Can't comment on past Princess cruise food favorites. Our cruise on the Golden isn't until next Valentines Day. Sounds like the cheesecake is something else to look forward to.

As I've often said, "If I can die with cheesecake on my breath, I'll die a happy man." icon_razz.gif

Larry

CARNIVAL CELEBRATION------2/92

RCCL SOVEREIGN------------2/94

RCCL MAJESTY--------------1/96

RCCL RHAPSODY-------------2/98

CELEBRITY HORIZON---------9/99

NORWEGIAN SKY-------------4/00

CARNIVAL ELATION---------12/00

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Til the Golden Princess Sails 02/13/05

CaribbeanCrazy -

Princess generally uses the same 7 day menu for the Caribbean and Mexico. I also noticed the same 10 day menu (Standard 7 day menu plus 3 more menus) for the Caribbean and Mexico.

Alaska 7 day menus are slightly different then the 7 day Caribbean menus - but a lot of the favorites are included.

Now - things just got crazy and the Caribbean Princess appears to have new menus (like the old but a little revised and no French night). Not sure if they are going to be rolled out to the rest of the 7 day Caribbean sailings or not.

The speciality menus on the Diamond and Sapphire are unique - these 2 ships have the traditional menu in the dining room plus a speciality menu (Sterling Steakhouse, Pacific Moon, Southwestern-forgot name, and Italian-forgot name).

Hope I didn't confuse you.

Ok, Cold Soup, Maui Maui, lobster, a taste of Love Boat Dream (I'm diabetic so can't eat it all).

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Archived