JOURNEY TO THE ESCAPE or Planes, trains, Taxis & A Cruise Ship! - "LIVE/ALMOST LIVE"

kikki21

Hi everyone - I thought I may as well start my thread off as the Escape is almost upon us - in just 4 days, 5 hours time etc, we will be on board a BRAND NEW cruise ship - woo hoo!

A bit about us - I'm 46, my husband is 49 & we love to cruise! - This is our first "inaugural" or the first time the ship will be carrying fare paying passengers whichever way you want to call it! :D

We've tried to get on board a brand new cruise ship twice before but the timing's always been out, so I guess this is going to be third time lucky for us! I've sailed on NCL twice before & my hubby has sailed NCL once - we like cruising with NCL for the freestyle aspects!

We are flying out to Germany early Friday morning as we will be actually staying in Berlin for 1 night, followed by a train journey to Hamburg on Saturday afternoon & I will cover what we get up to on this thread as we have free WIFI in both of the hotels where we are staying.

I will also be updating my Instagram account with photos - I use my business account which is i_do_wedding_gifts - you are welcome to follow me for photos of our travels & certainly Escape photos while she is still docked in Hamburg - internet permitting!

I am going to attempt some live reviewing but this will depend on the internet connection, in any case if that doesn't work then I will review the cruise in this thread - we are doing the 3 night cruise from Hamburg to Southampton or the 2 + 1 night cruise whichever way you look at it!

Our aim is to try as many of the new food venues that we can & generally try & take photos of as much as we can as possible!

Sweet...travel safe looking forward to

What kind of room are you staying in on Escape?

We are staying in a Category M9 which is a Spa Mini Suite Balcony - I did attempt a Haven Suite but it was a little too much money for a 3 day cruise when we expect to spend a lot of time out of the suite, we will be in the Thermal spa though as it looks amazing! :)

Thanks everyone!

I will start my packing tonight, last bits of laundry drying, cruise & holiday admin all printed out, passports at the ready! :)

We are booked in to see all of the shows as well :)

Hi we will be in a balcony cabin on deck 14 in January and I am curious about the bed placement if there is any way to get a picture and cabin number of any balcony cabin on the port side that would be great. I can figure it out from there. Thanks so very much in advance if you have a chance to do this and I hope you have a great time and safe travels

Hi we will be in a balcony cabin on deck 14 in January and I am curious about the bed placement if there is any way to get a picture and cabin number of any balcony cabin on the port side that would be great. I can figure it out from there. Thanks so very much in advance if you have a chance to do this and I hope you have a great time and safe travels

Hello! As part of our Cruise Critic Roll Call group, we are doing a CABIN CRAWL, I will try & get a photo of as many different cabins as possible as I am sure everyone else will too!

Our cabin is situated PORT side but we are deck 15!:)

We are staying in a Category M9 which is a Spa Mini Suite Balcony - I did attempt a Haven Suite but it was a little too much money for a 3 day cruise when we expect to spend a lot of time out of the suite, we will be in the Thermal spa though as it looks amazing! :)

This is the same category we will be in in June. I'm so eager to see pics and to hear what you think. Would you mind sharing your stateroom number after your trip?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by sctexan

This is the same category we will be in in June. I'm so eager to see pics and to hear what you think. Would you mind sharing your stateroom number after your trip?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No problem at all! :)

I know following/subscribing posts are not done and I've to use the thread tools but checking in on this thread! :D

Hehe - if anyone else from our group is doing a review thread then of course I will be joining in as everyone has a different point of view!

Brace yourselves for LOTS of photos! What I can't load "on the go" then I will upload when we are back!

Hehe - if anyone else from our group is doing a review thread then of course I will be joining in as everyone has a different point of view!

Brace yourselves for LOTS of photos! What I can't load "on the go" then I will upload when we are back!

Bring on those photos!! We don't sail her until July...I can hardly wait to see the 'final' interior spaces! Happy cruising[emoji572]️[emoji568]

So excited to see your pictures! We have loved the 'away' ships and will be interested in seeing what is different with the Escape. Your cabin crawl should be very interesting! Can you measure the depth of the regular balconies for us as we have had so much speculation on the forum;)

If you go to the Supper Club, we would love to know your opinion about the show and food. We have already reserved our Million Dollar Quartet and After Midnight shows for our January Escape cruise but haven't decided yet about the Supper Club. There might be so many other things to do onboard that we could save it for another trip. Hope you have a wonderful trip.....So jealous of you!

Looks like internet access as soon we pass Calais and improving closer to the UK coast on EE network. I took the internet package solely for the sea day, Hamburg/German T Mobile 4G coverage might cover us to 10ish in the evening? Sailing down the Elbe in about two hours, one hour of dropping signal after that? :)

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Looks like internet access as soon we pass Calais and improving closer to the UK coast on EE network. I took the internet package solely for the sea day, Hamburg/German T Mobile 4G coverage might cover us to 10ish in the evening? Sailing down the Elbe in about two hours, one hour of dropping signal after that? :)

We had good internet service sailing on Britannia from Southampton in June for quite a way up the Channel so it should be ok! [emoji120]

I had better start clearing my phone space lol! [emoji23]

OMG - the craziness starts TOMORROW! [emoji39]