Tropical Storm Patricia

JuliaMS

I have family on Mexican Riviera cruise now, and want to know if Hurricane Patricia is affecting the cruise. Anyone have info? Thanks

I have been watching the Ruby Princess and Norewigen Jewel on vesselfinder. They made their ports yesterday as planned (Jewel in PV, Ruby in Mazatlan). Today Jewel is heading back to LA as scheduled. Ruby Princess has not been updated in a few hours but it appears they are calling on Cabo San Lucas as scheduled. They are only scheduled to e there until 2PM. It looks like a humid but clear day there.

I have family on Mexican Riviera cruise now, and want to know if Hurricane Patricia is affecting the cruise. Anyone have info? Thanks

The NCL Sun went to Cabo yesterday as planned and left as planned. Now its headed back to San Diego.

Are safety isn't at doubt, but we might be dropping off food and water at these places instead of vacationing.

Its now up to 200 mph winds, the largest hurricane ever recorded.

This is a bad storm, no question, but some of the typhoons in the Western Pacific are larger and more intense. There isn't as much information on them because there are few if any hurricane hunter flights out there. Hope this one dissipates a bit before it hits land but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

Apparently we have outrun Hurricane Patricia, no mention of it onboard. I hope this does not affect the next week's cruise. This has been a wonderful cruise!

Good to hear!!! Just what kind of news I was looking for, since my parents are on that boat. They posted to Facebook from PV so I figured all was ok, but glad to know for sure! :)

Glad to help. The first I heard of any hurricane/storm was from my family on land! Not one word has been mentioned on board. The only decisions to be made today are where to have lunch and dinner! Happy cruising, sailors!

Does anyone know a website for tracking cruise ships? I'm wondering what happened to cruise ships that have been diverted.

Sorry! Should have read the post all the way through. Vessel finder was mentioned. Thank you.

Glad to help. The first I heard of any hurricane/storm was from my family on land! Not one word has been mentioned on board. The only decisions to be made today are where to have lunch and dinner! Happy cruising, sailors!

Isn't Navigator in the Caribbean?

It looks like the only one diverted so far is possibly the Ruby Princess skipped Cabo, the ship web cam says heading to Los Angeles.

Ruby Princess did skip Cabo today to head north and get out of the way.

I have been in contact with Puerto Vallarta. There was hardly any wind there (!), just some rain, not much damage. Hurricane Patricia made landfall more south. It seems Manzanillo was hit more then Vallarta.

It looks like ships can dock as always in Puerto Vallarta.

I just have seen photos of today (the day there after) and absolutely NO damage in Puerto Vallarta, nor any mudslides in the city limits.

It is business as usual.