Will it be the same in Europe

driverandrews

Just wondering if taking a cruise on Carnival around Europe will give the same fun vibes as you get in the Caribbean...meaning the on deck bands playing live music or the fun contests.

This only my opinion, there is still fun to be had but the port schedule of most European cruises is "Intense". With that being said you spend your time from morning to evening taking in the culture of Europe. I will guarantee by the end of the second day of ports you might just be starting to drag a bit.

Europe is not the Caribbean and in my opinion, much more interesting. I don't believe I have ever gone to a beach while on a cruise in Europe. I hope this helps.....

Just wondering if taking a cruise on Carnival around Europe will give the same fun vibes as you get in the Caribbean...meaning the on deck bands playing live music or the fun contests.

Thanks for asking this! I was wondering the same thing.

This only my opinion, there is still fun to be had but the port schedule of most European cruises is "Intense". With that being said you spend your time from morning to evening taking in the culture of Europe. I will guarantee by the end of the second day of ports you might just be starting to drag a bit.

Europe is not the Caribbean and in my opinion, much more interesting. I don't believe I have ever gone to a beach while on a cruise in Europe. I hope this helps.....

Have to agree with this post, did Europe 2 years ago with Carnival, and it is very busy and can be tiring after a few days of full-day excursions. They can last up to 8-10 hour days. However, it was a blast and we had a great time, just thought we needed a vacation after we got back, not the typical relaxing caribbean flow. But enjoy and have a great cruise!

Most of the European cruises are really port intensive and require hours off of the ship if not all day. It is a wonderful experience but the Carribbean cruises are much more for relaxing and taking it easy.

Sorry, the Caribbean is it's own animal. The cruise lines are VERY distinct and different in that location. A LOT of other areas, there are far more similarities than differences. There aren't any "party" ships sailing Hawaii, Alaska or Europe. :) Demographics are mid aged with a good spread of all ages.

if you have been to Europe and can pick and choose what to see it might be the same....we had never been and so it was very long days. Not much ship time. I am so glad we did it but now want to go back and do the pick & choose thing to places I feel we did not have enough time. If you need a relaxing vacation this is not it.

I find the sea days pretty fun and comparable to Caribbean. I find the cruises to Europe awesome in general. The port intensive gives so much to see. In my opinion Europe cruises are the best. Roll calls are more active and u meet friends for life as u usually talk on the roll calls for months.

We did the Carnival Legend Baltic cruise two years ago and are booked on Vista for next year. As you will see in my signature, we also have a lot of the "traditional" Carnival cruises under our belt. Europe cruises are very intense (we have one sea day on our Vista cruise), and this is a cruise where I would not splurge on cabin category. Just not enough time to enjoy it. However, we did have most of the "fun" experiences on our Baltic cruise, plus a few extras - like the German band that came aboard the evening we were docked in Warnemunde (Rostock) with a German buffet.

However, as I research our Vista cruise I've come to the conclusion that we're going to need a vacation from our vacation.:eek:

Cities in Europe are much more rich in things to see/do than the islands of the Caribbean. They are not places to loll on the beaches and do nothing. They are places to explore in many different ways!

For that reason I don't cruise in Europe because I think that one day in a city is waaaaaaay to short!

I would expect to spend many of the cruise days on shore so that your time on the ship will be to eat/sleep and not so much to party!