Additional nights at Specialty Restaurants for party of 6

deadzone1003

We will be traveling on the Oceania Marina for 17 nites. We are a group of 6 traveling together. We all have verandas. This cruise is from Tahiti to Lima Peru so it is very port intensive for the 1st 5 days and mostly sea days after that. Excluding embarkation day, are groups of 6 very difficult to get additional chances at specialty restaurants? We like to eat early so eating late is not an option for us. There aren't too many tables with 8 or more seats, so sharing a table may not increase our odds by much.

You should probably try to book your table for 6 online as soon as you are eligible. Waiting until you are on board will have less chance of success.

(If you used a TA that person might be more successful than you ... let the TA know the days, times and which restaurant you want.)

Otherwise, as soon as you can book online, do so. Are you all in the same level of veranda cabin? I have found in the past that if one couple was in a high suite and another wanting to share was lower down, we had to book them separately. Calling O directly usually resolved that problem, but we couldn't book a table for a couple in a VS and a couple in an A cabin online until BOTH were eligible. (That doesn't mean we couldn't add the couple with the A cabin later to the reservation when they WERE eligible.)

One story that might encourage you: we tried to book a table for 6 in Jacques on Marina on departure night. But I didn't have the other booking numbers so we couldn't. Okay, we'll go to the Grand Dining Room.

When we checked in there the maitre d' asked, "Would you like to go to Jacques?" So we did. I guess that was our original table ...

So while it would probably be very difficult to get a last minute table for 6 later on in the cruise, on departure night it can be easier.

getting extra nights in the specialties is hit or miss depending on the cruise & your fellow shipmates

i would book your allotted number for each restaurant online

Have one person do the booking when it comes up for "sharing" say NO

The click on add a guest

Be sure to have your companions booking numbers & surname ready

This will use up their allotted reservation

Ask your TA to link your booking numbers

You can go to the Reservation desk each day & ask if any opening for that night & add you to the list

sometimes you get lucky sometimes not ..be flexible

Enjoy

well for 2 it was easy any night we wanted anyplace if we shared and didn't care about the time... 6 would be tough because the share is out and you want specific times... 6 is a tough nut to crack You could all just go 2 at a time and ask to share... lots of holes but not for big parties

I have made our specialty restaurant bookings for our upcoming cruise... I would like to add another couple to them... how do you edit the booking??? I sure can't find it!!

Thank you in advance!

Did you say NO to sharing?

if so you should be able to go to your reservations & "add a guest"

be sure you have their booking number ready

I have made our specialty restaurant bookings for our upcoming cruise... I would like to add another couple to them... how do you edit the booking??? I sure can't find it!!

Thank you in advance!

Easiest way to do this is to call Oceania and add them. That way you are less likely to "mess" things up.

You will need their booking & cabin #.

When you call to have that persons name booking # and cabin cat..

Only fly in the ointment is you will take away from them one of their guarantee reservations. If they have booked all the allotted reservations then you wont be able to unless they cancel 1

My brother on our last cruise made reservations for me 2 nights for dinner( Polo and Toscana that used up my allotted reservations on Regatta On the larger ship you get 4 unless in a PH or higher then it is 2 for each of the venues... they can't be combined in advance to be all say Polo or Jacque's

When on cruises longer than 14 days..It becomes very easy to get additional spots almost anywhere. if your flexible to share etc as wel as time... Hit the res desk by reception before 11 am for the best shot. You can always just go and ask.....hey whats available tonight or tomorrow.... You might be surprised how really flexable it can be

Thank you all for your hints on adding friends to our bookings... we are on a 30 day cruise so it is easier to get more bookings once on board... last year we were continually asked during the cruise if we wanted to go to Polo.. don't think it was as popular, and it wasn't with us either...

Phoning Oceania sounds like a good idea. Thanks!!

from experience... it isn't about charm, greasing someones palm or who you are or think you are. Its reall "first hog the the trough" being right there when others are not. That has been my experience

Didn't like Polo!!! gad it and Jaques are my personal faves... TOSCANA....CHEF BOYARDEE with good china Red Ginger yuck... western prep with western ingredients and western trained staff serving on cool looking table settings that reek Asia . and some mayploy sauce from Safeway.. but not even remotely resemble stuff you have in SF ( north china, yank sing, Oceans in burlinggame_) If you lived in North Dakota it would exciting and vibrant... both of them.,

On my next cruise I will be looking to trade Toscana and Red fo anything else...