Will Princess recognize our anniversary?

2pbears

I don't like the singing routine at any restaurant. I'm too low profile.:o

DH handed in the card, so he could try the cake. But asked our waiter to please not have the team sing. Whew

That is good to know. I am cruising on my birthday - a big one, and a bucket list is to go to Alaska. Ended up being in Glacier Bay on my birthday, and 37th wedding anniversary (married on my b'day) so perfect karma as Glacier Bay is why I chose Princess.

To be honest I think the criteria is much too wide for a birthday - pretty sure no one wants to hear multiple Happy Birthday's every night.

Edited by Pushka

That is good to know. I am cruising on my birthday - a big one, and a bucket list is to go to Alaska. Ended up being in Glacier Bay on my birthday, and 37th wedding anniversary (married on my b'day) so perfect karma as Glacier Bay is why I chose Princess.

To be honest I think the criteria is much too wide for a birthday - pretty sure no one wants to hear multiple Happy Birthday's every night.

Actually, even with a narrow window (it used to be within about 6 weeks of the cruise) there will be multiple singings as many people do take a cruise to celebrate a birthday or anniversary that is on or close to the cruise date.

As I recall, when we sailed on our first Princess cruise back in 2006 we were onboard for our anniversary and Princess sent a nice cake to our table when we had dinner in the Sterling Steakhouse on our anniversary.

Our anniversary is November 6th and we board the Grand on November 8th. Will Princess recognize our anniversary or do you have to be onboard on the actual date of the event? Just wondering. :rolleyes:

You just put the date in on the website while filling out the required forms, they won't check. Out anniversary was on 25th, I put in 24th as 25th was our debarkation date, it worked.

We didn't pay anything additional, this is what we got. On 23rd at dinner we got a small cake with 1 candle and a song similar to birthday song. And a card "from the crew". Later that night a card "from the captain" was delivered to the cabin. Next morning we walked out of the cabin for breakfast, and there was a poster on the door, and 2 balloons. It was on Grand Princess.

Editing: I don't think they asked which anniversary. It was our 40th, but could've been any.

Edited by Dayenu

Actual Anniversary date must fall between 6 months before and 6 months after your cruise

As someone else pointed out that covers all dates.

There was a thread once about cruising for special occasions. One poster took the absolute position that you should only be allowed to put the actual date. I gave the example of we were on a British Isles cruise in 2014, and our anniversary fell on the date that the ship was in Edinburg for an overnight. Since we (and in fact most of the passengers) would not be onboard for dinner, I put the following night down on the personalizer as our wedding anniversary. I asked if he thought this was ok. He first posted no, but then relented in a later post and said he would accept this as an exception that he could accept as valid.

They actually have your birthdate in the information you provide them, but not your anniversary date. So I do not know how they would check. Also unless you were too young for it to be your 50th anniversary, how would they be able to check on that?

There was a thread once about cruising for special occasions. One poster took the absolute position that you should only be allowed to put the actual date. I gave the example of we were on a British Isles cruise in 2014, and our anniversary fell on the date that the ship was in Edinburg for an overnight. Since we (and in fact most of the passengers) would not be onboard for dinner, I put the following night down on the personalizer as our wedding anniversary. I asked if he thought this was ok. He first posted no, but then relented in a later post and said he would accept this as an exception that he could accept as valid.

They actually have your birthdate in the information you provide them, but not your anniversary date. So I do not know how they would check. Also unless you were too young for it to be your 50th anniversary, how would they be able to check on that?

Princess told us that they might require a copy of our marriage certificate. They advised us to bring it along on our upcoming cruise. For 50 bucks I will :D.

Theo

Our waiter even gave us a "thank goodness" when we requested they skip the song for us.:D

Some nights there are more than a handful.:rolleyes:

I missed the word "Look" with the thank goodness. hHe didn't say it, just gave us a nod with a smile. Was obvious to us he was grateful.:D Don't want anyone to think our server was mumbling rudely to us.

Edited by eandj

There was a thread once about cruising for special occasions. One poster took the absolute position that you should only be allowed to put the actual date.

I tend to agree with his general position to be honest. It would be awful in the mdr if everyone celebrated their birthday on a cruise ship. Obviously in your case he took that to an extreme but think the general principle holds.

Edited by Pushka

IDK if the singing gets OTT on some cruises as we are usually out of the DR before most tables. We've heard some singing of course. It's not that bad, but we don't have singing waiters at our table - we don't mention any celebrations. Not party poopers - just don't want a big fuss and not usually cruising near enough a special date for it to be meaningful. Just our experience is all.

Princess phone reps do not always have the correct information . Phone again and an other rep will most likely tell you something different.;)

Theo

Well it paid to call back, this time I got the credit and also for the cruise two days before that falls within the criteria, so $100.