Independence of Seas: Do Not Miss List

UFLaw

We are in a deluxe balcony room and I wonder if anyone can tell me how many electrical outlets there are and where they may be? Between iPhones, iPads blow dryer, hair straightener... Just wondering if I should bring a multi plug extension cord to make life easier?? Also are there alarm clocks in the room with the Chargers built in? Thanks

We are in a deluxe balcony room and I wonder if anyone can tell me how many electrical outlets there are and where they may be? Between iPhones, iPads blow dryer, hair straightener... Just wondering if I should bring a multi plug extension cord to make life easier?? Also are there alarm clocks in the room with the Chargers built in? Thanks

If you are asking about Indy, there are two US outlets and one Euro outlet near the desk/vanity. No alarm clocks. No builtin USB.

Edited by clarea

Me and my family are going on the IOS on November 21 and were wondering if anyone had a list of Do Not Miss while we are on board. There are so many different things going on, but I would like to get out and do some fun stuff.

We are 46,47 and the boys are 11 and 10 and my daughter is 11.

Thank you for your assistance and ideas!

Eric and Angela

How many of the suggestions did you use and did you have any to add?

How many of the suggestions did you use and did you have any to add?

I have a list at the office. I'll post later today for you. All in all we really enjoyed the Indy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What we brought was an USB extension which is allowed. Had 6 USB ports. Worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone describe the different ambiance of the bars? We are two women in our fifties travelling with our 20 year old daughters and would love to have a few drinks and dance to music of 70s 80s and 90s. Do any of the Indy bars fit the bill?

Can someone describe the different ambiance of the bars? We are two women in our fifties travelling with our 20 year old daughters and would love to have a few drinks and dance to music of 70s 80s and 90s. Do any of the Indy bars fit the bill?

The music venues can vary, but I'd look at the Pyramid Lounge first.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh wow!! check out the video arcade!! it's amazing (on deck 12) and the only ones who know about it are the 10/11/12 year old's (maybe let them find it and take you there). Skee ball, like you were a teenager and all those amazing themes/music, it was the first place our (adult) son and his (adult) wife took us too, and then we went there at 10.00am in the morning; just to play good old fashioned fun; loved it!!!!

Does anyone know if they do the hot beef rolls - they are delicious

There's no Park Cafe on Indy, so it's unlikely. However, some ships without Park Cafe have served the sandwiches every once in a while in Cafe Promenade.

• 2 weeks later...
I put this list together after our Indy trip last October. I am hoping it is helpful.

http://eatsleepcruise.com/2015/12/top-10-things-to-do-on-independence-of-the-seas/

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks so much for this! Although we are not new to cruising, we are new to RCCL. As a first time RCCL cruiser on Indy next summer, this is extremely helpful. THANK YOU!!! :)

• 4 months later...

We will be on the Indy in April 2017 to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Will be our second time on this ship and anxious to do all the thing we missed the first time. We are also taking our 3 adult children and staying in the Royal Family Suite so lots to look forward to!

26 more days til I'm on her and I can't wait!

I'm really hoping they have The Quest. We did the same 5 night two years ago on her sister ship and they did not have The Quest. When I asked they said it was most likely due to the number of kids on board being Thanksgiving week:(...Keeping my fingers crossed for it this go round...