Independence of Seas: Do Not Miss List

UFLaw

Me and my family are going on the IOS on November 21 and were wondering if anyone had a list of Do Not Miss while we are on board. There are so many different things going on, but I would like to get out and do some fun stuff.

We are 46,47 and the boys are 11 and 10 and my daughter is 11.

Thank you for your assistance and ideas!

Eric and Angela

Flowrider :)

What is the oldest person you've seen on the Flowrider? I'm turning 40 right before my Feb cruise, and I don't have a surfer bod. Can you just body surf it (on the board but on belly)?

Edited by emory2001

You can boogie board on your stomach. There are designated times for boogie boarding and stand-up surfing. 40 is definitely not too old! I was 43 when I went on last year. I will be 44 when I go again next week!

Thanks, that's good to know about the designated times. Is the water flow different for boogie boarding?

Yum, that sounds like my kind of thing!

Just enough of a curry kick .. u'll love them! In fact I tried re-creating them myself when I got home ... pretty close, but I'd still rather be having it ON the ship!

They had some of the better coffee there too -- still free --- the coffee area's in the back of the Café Promenade ... better than the nasty stuff up in the Windjammer (or at least seemed it to me)!

And grab one of those coconut cookies while you're there too!

Just enough of a curry kick .. u'll love them! In fact I tried re-creating them myself when I got home ... pretty close, but I'd still rather be having it ON the ship!

They had some of the better coffee there too -- still free --- the coffee area's in the back of the Café Promenade ... better than the nasty stuff up in the Windjammer (or at least seemed it to me)!

And grab one of those coconut cookies while you're there too!

I am sailing in a few weeks - will definitely look for those!!!

Flowrider! Awesome. I'm 46 so I'm doing it with my kids.

Love Curry! Thanks (and coconut cookies yum).

Can't wait to hear more!

Any recommendation on seminars or tastings or anything?

I am glad you asked this question - I am boarding her Sunday. I did a TA on her last year and you would think 13 nights crossing the ocean I would have experienced everything - but I actually didn't! While I went to the cafe Promenade daily - I never ordered food there! This time I will.

On Boarding Day, we always go to the Café Promenade instead of the Windjammer (which tends to be very crowded). We board as early as we can, get a table where we can people watch, get some sandwiches and desserts, and usually also one of us goes to Sorrento's to bring back some pizza. It makes for a very easy and relaxing lunch the first day.

On Boarding Day, we always go to the Café Promenade instead of the Windjammer (which tends to be very crowded). We board as early as we can, get a table where we can people watch, get some sandwiches and desserts, and usually also one of us goes to Sorrento's to bring back some pizza. It makes for a very easy and relaxing lunch the first day.

Perfect! And that's just what we did ! Best kept secret too .. so we should "SHHHH !" this before too many find out about it! ;):D

Definitely following this thread! Sailing on IOS In a few weeks. So everything on the Cafe Promenade is free (already included)? If not, what is? I'm mostly excited about this coffee that's at the back of the promenade now...calling my name when I board!

Ditto the Ice Show. There are 4 showings, each is scheduled by one's muster location. It's the best I've watched so far.

If possible, go to the Quest show but it's adult only.

If specialty restaurants are in your budget, we did the Mystery Dinner @ Giovannis as we enjoyed a nice dinner w/ theatre as well.

If going to St. Martin, I would think the kids would enjoy the jets flying in at Maho Beach

If San Juan is on the itenary, the kids might enjoy the Forts! We didn't land til 4pm and by the time we walked there (shopping along the way) it was closing at 6pm, so we did not tour it. So go there first, then shop! BTW Cafe Puerto Rico is highly recommended for dinner and close to the ship.

An Ice Scuplture was created on the pool deck 12 on Thursday early afternoon. The kids would enjoy this as well.

Agree w/ eating at the Cafe Promenade the first day and also suggest that you either wear or pack swim suits in carry on bags and hit the pool early on boarding day as the pool isn't too crowded.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Definitely following this thread! Sailing on IOS In a few weeks. So everything on the Cafe Promenade is free (already included)? If not, what is? I'm mostly excited about this coffee that's at the back of the promenade now...calling my name when I board!

Specialty coffees come w/ a price, but regular coffee is free as are the desserts and the sandwiches. All of which are pretty good!