Independence of Seas: Do Not Miss List

UFLaw

What is the oldest person you've seen on the Flowrider? I'm turning 40 right before my Feb cruise, and I don't have a surfer bod. Can you just body surf it (on the board but on belly)?

I feel you on the non-surfer bod - but don't let that stop you! I sure don't! Most of the diehard stand up folks on board the Liberty of the Seas recently were in their 40s and 50s, with one gent who got VERY good who turned 65 during our cruise. There were a few others of more advanced age who tried it, but they weren't in the line day after day like the rest of us.

If you don't want to try the stand up, go for boogie boarding. Both are fun!

FYI - I'm 44, and I'd say I"m out of shape except round IS a shape.

1zzjp6r.jpg

On Boarding Day, we always go to the Café Promenade instead of the Windjammer (which tends to be very crowded). We board as early as we can, get a table where we can people watch, get some sandwiches and desserts, and usually also one of us goes to Sorrento's to bring back some pizza. It makes for a very easy and relaxing lunch the first day.

What time is early?

What is the oldest person you've seen on the Flowrider? I'm turning 40 right before my Feb cruise, and I don't have a surfer bod. Can you just body surf it (on the board but on belly)?[/quote

I am 66 and did the Flowrider for the first time on the Allure TA this month.

I did the boogie board both on my stomach and on my knees with no hand holding. If you can handle yourself in water there should be no problem. It is about 3-4 inches deep but fast flowing water. When you fall off you feel just the same as you would in a low wave on the beach.

On the stand up boards there was a gentlemen of 68

The staff was excellent and they worked with you till you got it right. There were plenty of people in the 40-50's

Don't worry about it. Just enjoy, you will get hooked.

Promenade Cafe has excellent cheesecake pops. For a fee there are cupcakes and cupcake decorating classes. I loved the open air adult solarium and the hot tubs cantilevered over the side. We were on a four day cruise and we were into relaxing, so not many other special things to report other than to also recommend the ice show.

• 1 month later...

This is a cracking and informative thread.

Does anyone have a sample of a daily 'fun times' The Fun times is what Carnival call their daily programme/leaflet thats in your cabin the night before.

Edited by HappyChappy

• 3 weeks later...
This is a cracking and informative thread.

Does anyone have a sample of a daily 'fun times' The Fun times is what Carnival call their daily programme/leaflet thats in your cabin the night before.

I believe Royal Caribbean calls their daily program "Compass". I found one on another thread that was a couple years old, but I've been searching for a more recent one. If I run across anything, I'll post the link here.

I have them from our Thanksgiving cruise. I will attempt to take pics and post them here for you. I've never posted pics here before so cross your fingers but don't hold your breath!

Edited by MtnsToSea
Info added

Well, Itried but unfortunately it's too small to see. Sorry! Hopefully someone else can be more helpful!

One option is to post the full size photo on a photo sharing site, such as FlickR, and then post a link to the photo here.

OK maybe this will work? And thanks for your patience and feedback as I learn how to do this! Y'all are my guinea pigs today!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskpZN8Lk

Perfect! Thanks so much for sharing! Did you enjoy your Thanksgiving cruise? I've tossed around the idea of doing a holiday cruise, but they're pretty spendy. Worth it in your opinion?

Does the Indy have free motion/sea sickness pills? On a past cruise over five years ago, I recall a dispenser of pills (gravel?) outside medical office that anyone could grab if necessary.

Yes, I've seen the free seasick pills on all Royal ships.