Independence of Seas: Do Not Miss List

UFLaw

Just off Indy with friends and kids. We missed the ice show due to commitments with our group and we were bummed (have to go back I guess). I definitely agree with Cafe Promenade for first day lunch and the sail away on the helipad was incredible! I couldn't believe how few people were there.

My friend and my daughter also went on a culinary tour on day 6. There were flyers in the dining room on day 5 inviting people to sign up for it. The tour started in the dining room on deck 4 at 11:00am. They LOVED it! It was $30 for adults and $8.80 for children and included more food than they could eat and a tour of the kitchens. The 70's party was fun if you can stay up late :)

I am sure there is a lot we missed. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do it all!

Does anyone have some recommendations for great drinks on the Independence? Also are some bars better than others for service and drink quality ?

We experienced great service last week from bartenders and servers. As far as drinks per location... IMO...

Boleros for Tequila drinks

Champagne Bar for Martinis

Pool Bar for Rum drinks

At inital sail away, the Olive or Twist attempted to charge me $25 cork fee to ice down a bottle of Champagne that I brought on board. I felt this what not their policy and the bartender was mis-informed, so I walked off. But they had great service at night.

We experienced great service last week from bartenders and servers. As far as drinks per location... IMO...

Boleros for Tequila drinks

Champagne Bar for Martinis

Pool Bar for Rum drinks

At inital sail away, the Olive or Twist attempted to charge me $25 cork fee to ice down a bottle of Champagne that I brought on board. I felt this what not their policy and the bartender was mis-informed, so I walked off. But they had great service at night.

We spent most if the time at the pub. Hefilia and Neno looked after us all week, they were awesome

Do we need to make reservations beforehand for the Ice Show - is it an every night event ?

No reservations needed. There are a total of (4) shows.

Monday @ 2:30pm & 4:30pm

Saturday @ 2pm & 4pm

Guests are encouraged to attend the shows by muster locations which are identifed in the cruise compass. We went twice and there was never a seating issue as each show was only about 75% full.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Just off Indy with friends and kids. We missed the ice show due to commitments with our group and we were bummed (have to go back I guess). I definitely agree with Cafe Promenade for first day lunch and the sail away on the helipad was incredible! I couldn't believe how few people were there.

My friend and my daughter also went on a culinary tour on day 6. There were flyers in the dining room on day 5 inviting people to sign up for it. The tour started in the dining room on deck 4 at 11:00am. They LOVED it! It was $30 for adults and $8.80 for children and included more food than they could eat and a tour of the kitchens. The 70's party was fun if you can stay up late :)

I am sure there is a lot we missed. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do it all!

I would LOVE the culinary tour and get a behind the scenes look at food prep for thousands! LOL! I have trouble for a small family!

Are sign-ups available on-board only? I don't think this tour is available for purchase before the cruise, right?

I am on the Indy for a 5 night cruise, I wonder if a culinary tour will be offered on this shorter cruise?

Something fun to check out.

On the port side forward exit the pool deck 11 and walk down the stairs to the 10th floor.

On the landing between the floors look at the picture on display - from either top or bottom floor - then walk up close to the picture and see what you see.

Woohoo. I will be on the same group with my family.. We have a group of 20. .I have two boys as well ages 12 and 9. I will definitely be taking advantage of the kids program.. Thank you all for your recommendation. Any suggestions for traveling with a group.

Going on the 22th of feb sailing @emory2001?

We are also following this thread :)

Any recommendations for good virgin cocktails for my DW who can't eat/drink to much sugar?

I'm on Feb. 8! I also drink virgin cocktails for the most part. I like virgin mojito with sprite. Virgin daiquiri is good but kind of heavy on sugar for me (not that the others are low sugar). Anything with juice, soda, and grenadine is pretty good.

Indy is my favourite ship, 9 cruises already with number 10 booked for next August :). I started reading this thread thinking I might be able to help but you've all done very well with that already lol. What I didn't expect was to learn something new..........but I have, I had no idea about the hot dogs/sausages at the squeeze bar, I'll certainly be heading there to try them out next August so thanks for that tip.

Gill

• 2 weeks later...
I'm on Feb. 8! I also drink virgin cocktails for the most part. I like virgin mojito with sprite. Virgin daiquiri is good but kind of heavy on sugar for me (not that the others are low sugar). Anything with juice, soda, and grenadine is pretty good.

Are virgin drinks free? I don't indulge either looking for other options.

Going on the 22th of feb sailing @emory2001?

We are also following this thread :)

Any recommendations for good virgin cocktails for my DW who can't eat/drink to much sugar?

Bloody Mary's...they have an awesome BLT one that will do virgin.

Some good tips:

Afternoon snacky things like nachos in windjammer

There are some days that have a buffet (like tacos) by the pool.

Don't miss the 70's dance party in promenade....it's fun. Take something to dress up in [emoji3] we took scarves and glasses!

ImageUploadedByForums1448693949.679954.jpg.b5eb4209fa3620c6accdd54dc3894cf2.jpg