U-tube up on HAL website

oaktreerb

I just watched the press conference on the "direction" that HAL is taking in the industry. It was much better than what I was expecting after reading all of the negative comments on this site. Keep an open mind and give them a chance.

I just watched the press conference on the "direction" that HAL is taking in the industry. It was much better than what I was expecting after reading all of the negative comments on this site. Keep an open mind and give them a chance.

Maybe well edited?

I've just rewatched the first few minutes and it's definitely edited. For example, all the technical difficulties in getting the first AV presentation up and running has been very smoothly edited out. Based on what I've rewatched, it now actually look half-way professional. :)

I watched it live and have also decided to give the new programs a chance to not only be introduced in January 2016, but a few weeks after that to work out any bugs.

Joanie

Just watched the 47 minutes worth on YouTube

Yes it was very much edited, I would have liked to see them include the Q & A but then that was another area that did not look too good for them:o So I guess best to leave it out.

Lisa I missed his answer to the question about Travel Agents. Remember that question and answer?

Edited by qsuzi

Lisa I missed his answer to the question about Travel Agents. Remember that question and answer?

I think the question was along the lines of "will this new system replace travel agents?" or "is it intended to replace travel agents?" His answer was that travel agents were valued partners, yada yada yada" More talk that said nothing.

I wish somebody had asked him to name "his" damships. Wonder if he could. I know he's been in his position at HAL for only 11 months, but he didn't seem to know much about the company, never mind the cruise industry in general.

I think the question was along the lines of "will this new system replace travel agents?" or "is it intended to replace travel agents?" His answer was that travel agents were valued partners, yada yada yada" More talk that said nothing.

I wish somebody had asked him to name "his" damships. Wonder if he could. I know he's been in his position at HAL for only 11 months, but he didn't seem to know much about the company, never mind the cruise industry in general.

Thank you 3rdGenCunarder.

Did you watch both the live event, and then the video? If you did, did you notice heavy editing on the video? I missed the live event, and the video (for the small amount of time I watched) didn't seem like the "gong show" that was described for the live event.

Just watched the 47 minutes worth on YouTube

Yes it was very much edited, I would have liked to see them include the Q & A but then that was another area that did not look too good for them:o So I guess best to leave it out.

I watched most of it live, so it was probably a blessing that they heavily edited it. I was actually feeling sorry for them, and embarrassed.

I watched most of it live, so it was probably a blessing that they heavily edited it. I was actually feeling sorry for them, and embarrassed.

Thanks Lizzie! That answers my question :) Probably a good thing it was edited before being posted, from the sounds of it.