LIVE from Regal Princess, sailing November 3rd!

BugsyCruiser

I think I'm most impressed with the internet being strong enough for you to post high res photos :D

-Andrew

The WiFi is fairly good on here. Not as good as what I experienced on Quantum but it's definitely better than what I have experienced on other ships.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

The Retreat looks to have a lot more beds than on the other Princess ships like Diamond. Suppose the cabanas are an additional cost. Used to feel very private up there now doesn't look a lot different than the other pool decks. Disappointed.

the seaview bar is quite intrusive into those balconies below, I would not want to be there.

That sandwich looked delish. Looks like you're one of the first to board the ship :)

Echo my thoughts exactly and we have a mini suite allocated on the opposite side directly below the skywalk for our cruise in January. Suppose its not that much different than other Princess ships where you are overlooked from the balconies above. I suppose people get fed up of the novelty after a few walks over.

The Retreat looks to have a lot more beds than on the other Princess ships like Diamond. Suppose the cabanas are an additional cost. Used to feel very private up there now doesn't look a lot different than the other pool decks. Disappointed.

Are you confusing the Retreat pool with the Sanctuary? The Retreat pool is for all. The Sanctuary is very private and behind this pool.

Are you confusing the Retreat pool with the Sanctuary? The Retreat pool is for all. The Sanctuary is very private and behind this pool.

Thanks .. Just to confuse things further the Sanctuary is called the Retreat on P&O ships.

The Retreat pool is the adult only area from reading the Princess web page but the cabanas can be reserved at a price presumably????

Chris do you plan on visiting the Sanctuary for a glimpse of this area.

Hope you are taking time out to enjoy some private time on the cruise. Enjoy.

Thanks .. Just to confuse things further the Sanctuary is called the Retreat on P&O ships.

The Retreat pool is the adult only area from reading the Princess web page but the cabanas can be reserved at a price presumably????

Chris do you plan on visiting the Sanctuary for a glimpse of this area.

Hope you are taking time out to enjoy some private time on the cruise. Enjoy.

And on Britannia, the Retreat area on the Royal and Regal is called the Serenity Pool. Yes, the cabanas are reserved at extra cost. From others posts I seem to remember the cost was either $50 or $80 for a day.

The covered Retreat loungers seem to block view of the pool unless one is in them...guess they could turn loungers to a view of the sea......cost for the loungers seemes reasonable...wonder how difficult it is to reserve one? Pool itself looks awesome and uncrowded!

Edited by hcat

not just increased .. but .. doubled !!!

According to Karen Candy, the line's public relations manager, passengers will now be charged $20 for a half-day pass or $40 for a full day -- double the previous fees, which were $10 and $20, respectively.

Perhaps Chris can confirm this.

According to Karen Candy, the line's public relations manager, passengers will now be charged $20 for a half-day pass or $40 for a full day -- double the previous fees, which were $10 and $20, respectively.

I've already seen numerous posts from previous threads that it is 20 for a half day and 40 for a full and they do sell out fast. But will try to confirm just to be sure

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

The covered Retreat loungers seem to block view of the pool unless one is in them...guess they could turn loungers to a view of the sea......cost for the loungers seemes reasonable...wonder how difficult it is to reserve one? Pool itself looks awesome and uncrowded!

The loungers don't need to be reserved when you get to the Retreat, just the cabanas.

There is no charge for the blue loungers at the Retreat pool. There is a charge for the cabanas padded loungers.

The Sanctuary loungers are $20 for half day, $40 for full day or $30 a day if booked for entire cruise. And it's been that pricing for a while now -lots of discussion about it back when it happened.

The Retreat pool is free, adult only and all the loungers there are free for anyone. The cabanas cost extra if you like, expensive for the day, IMO. It was over $100 for the day. No thanks, especially when there's good shade for free all around the pool.

Enjoy. We had a fabulous 10 days on her.

Say hi to DJ Kevin in Club 6 from Chester $ Christina if you get a chance. He had the party rocking for us last cruise!

The loungers don't need to be reserved when you get to the Retreat, just the cabanas.

Sorry I meant the cabanas....what's the process...?

Loving the review!

Chris, I'm a new follower and you can add me to your list of fans. Thanks for the great photos of the Regal, we are big fans of the Royal class ships, enjoying your live from very much

Ron

Edited by homeinboca