Atlantis info needed pls

dasania41

Hi all,

We are going to be on the oasis feb 6th and wanted to know what is the most cost efficient way to do Atlantis water park? We dock at 7 am and leave at 2 pm so I'm hesitant to pay $300+ for a four hour excursion, as I know most water rides do not open until 10 am.

Hi all,

We are going to be on the oasis feb 6th and wanted to know what is the most cost efficient way to do Atlantis water park? We dock at 7 am and leave at 2 pm so I'm hesitant to pay $300+ for a four hour excursion, as I know most water rides do not open until 10 am.

If the ship leaves at 2 then you are supposed to be back on board by 1:30 which means leaving Atlantis before 1:00.

It would not be worth it to me for the less than 3 hours you will get.

If you are going to go you can buy tickets at Atlantis cheaper than the rate that Royal charges. You can also check out the rates for booking a room at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island as that gives you full privileges at Atlantis.

Atlantis is right near the ship terminal (close enough to walk to).

As I recall, there is usually a relatively cheap package that includes snorkeling, access to the main resort and the tour of the aquariums. I might look into that, since you won't be able to really enjoy the water park in 3hrs.

As I recall, there is usually a relatively cheap package that includes snorkeling, access to the main resort and the tour of the aquariums. I might look into that, since you won't be able to really enjoy the water park in 3hrs.

Atlantis is not right near the ship terminal, there are water taxis that run back and forth or you can get a taxi for around $4pp.

I have the differing opinion, I guess. We did the Atlantis water park on our Allure cruise, and were there only about a 1/2 day. As there were just two of us, we booked the excursion through the ship (less expensive than the Comfort Suites option). The price dropped a couple of weeks out, and we were able to cancel and rebook at the lower price. We got to Atlantis around 8:15, so we walked around the resort and got to walk through the aquariums, and get good chairs. As we were among the first there when the slides opened, we were on them immediately. We had very few lines for the slides we did, and the park didn't get busy until later in the morning/early afternoon.

I think we left around 1, and were a bit tuckered by that time, so the 1/2 day ended up being fine for us.

Edited by GradGirl

Atlantis is not right near the ship terminal, there are water taxis that run back and forth or you can get a taxi for around $4pp.

Agree, you can do the water taxi or a regular taxi. While the ride on the water taxi is shorter, you need to wait for it to fill before it leaves (both ways, we have waited almost half an hour), and it is a bit of a walk from the dock to atlantis when you get to that side. Not a short walk from the ship by any means.

Just got back from a quick 3-night stay at the Comfort Suites on Paradise Island, with complimentary full access to Atlantis and Aquaventure -- a perk I might never have known about except for CruiseCritic. :)

If you have any questions, I can try to answer them for you.

A few notes:

• The Comfort Suites has the whole "complimentary access to Atlantis" thing down to a fine art. You check in (and cruise passengers may then check right back out again), you get your official pink card and take it over to the Royal Towers lobby desk, and get your wristband(s). It might even be quicker for you than for Atlantis guests because they tend to flock to the first towel hut inside the park, and there was a VERY long line there. Not so at the Royal Towers desk.
  • The "Beach Tower" side of Atlantis, including the Lazy River, remains closed. I was at Atlantis last year and it wasn't open then, either. I'm curious to know how long the renovations will last.
  • Each day saw some of the rides at Aquaventure closed. The Challenger slides and the Falls slide were closed the first day, then the Surge slide was closed the last two days. Alas, the nifty conveyor that hauls you in your tube up to the Power Tower slides was never operating while I was there.
  • I did the snuba excursion through Atlantis and Blue Adventures and it was awesome ($93 for a boat dive at a sunken wreck plus one other site), but I think the cruise lines might arrange their excursions through Stuart's Cove....?

Not so relevant for cruise visitors, but the Comfort Suites was a great alternative to staying at Atlantis, too. Free hot breakfast, free wi-fi (Atlantis doesn't give you either); a pool that's open 24 hours as opposed to Atlantis, where all pools close at 5 pm; a swim-up bar; really nice, big rooms with free mini-fridge and a free microwave upon request, even in-room USB charging stations.... I was impressed.

Any questions, fire away!

Edited by Pellaz

Yes, I have a question. We've thought of going to Paradise Island and staying at Comfort Suites for a week. We've done the day pass to Atlantis (and are doing that again this year) when we cruise.

What always trips me up about staying at Atlantis is the price of meals.

What did you do for meals? Can you tell me about the meal options around Comfort suites?

Yes, I have a question. We've thought of going to Paradise Island and staying at Comfort Suites for a week. We've done the day pass to Atlantis (and are doing that again this year) when we cruise.

What always trips me up about staying at Atlantis is the price of meals.

What did you do for meals? Can you tell me about the meal options around Comfort suites?

Yep, Atlantis' biggest downfall is the price of food on-site. I've found that the best "deals" are:

• Comfort Suites' free breakfast -- no-brainer here. Eggs, sausage links, corned-beef hash, cereal, pastries, fruit, yogurt, fresh-made waffles, orange juice.... It's served from 7 - 10 am in two locations: Crusoe's, the main restaurant, and the Pelican Room.
  • Marina Pizzeria -- pizza slices are $6-7 there, but they are big and filling. I highly recommend the chicken and vegetable slice; you'll thank me later. Go elsewhere for drinks; soda cans are $3.76 each there. :o Located on the marina side of the Coral Tower with an outside entrance.
  • Zero Entry, Shark Bites Express, Dive In -- these eateries in Aquaventure itself all offer a "meal deal" including an entree (hot dog, hamburger, chicken sandwich etc.), chips and a fountain drink for $10-13. Be sure to save your fountain drink cup because you can refill it all day using the soda fountains at Aquaventure.
  • Quizno's Subs -- located in Marina Village. They're a few dollars more than a Stateside Quizno's, but still cheaper than any dinner option in Atlantis proper.
  • Johnny Rocket's -- also in Marina Village. Pricier than the above but a lot cheaper than, say, the dinner buffet in the Royal Towers Marketplace, which will set you back $56 per person.

If you're staying at the Comfort Suites, your room will include a mini-fridge and you can request a microwave (free) upon check-in. There's a small grocery store in the shopping area across the street from the Comfort Suites (kinda between it and Marina Village)...prices are high as you'd expect from a convenience store, but you can stock up on stuff for the room.

Yep, Atlantis' biggest downfall is the price of food on-site. I've found that the best "deals" are:

• Comfort Suites' free breakfast -- no-brainer here. Eggs, sausage links, corned-beef hash, cereal, pastries, fruit, yogurt, fresh-made waffles, orange juice.... It's served from 7 - 10 am in two locations: Crusoe's, the main restaurant, and the Pelican Room.
  • Marina Pizzeria -- pizza slices are $6-7 there, but they are big and filling. I highly recommend the chicken and vegetable slice; you'll thank me later. Go elsewhere for drinks; soda cans are $3.76 each there. :o Located on the marina side of the Coral Tower with an outside entrance.
  • Zero Entry, Shark Bites Express, Dive In -- these eateries in Aquaventure itself all offer a "meal deal" including an entree (hot dog, hamburger, chicken sandwich etc.), chips and a fountain drink for $10-13. Be sure to save your fountain drink cup because you can refill it all day using the soda fountains at Aquaventure.
  • Quizno's Subs -- located in Marina Village. They're a few dollars more than a Stateside Quizno's, but still cheaper than any dinner option in Atlantis proper.
  • Johnny Rocket's -- also in Marina Village. Pricier than the above but a lot cheaper than, say, the dinner buffet in the Royal Towers Marketplace, which will set you back $56 per person.

If you're staying at the Comfort Suites, your room will include a mini-fridge and you can request a microwave (free) upon check-in. There's a small grocery store in the shopping area across the street from the Comfort Suites (kinda between it and Marina Village)...prices are high as you'd expect from a convenience store, but you can stock up on stuff for the room.

That's just what I needed. Thanks for your reply.

That's just what I needed. Thanks for your reply.

You're welcome!

I forgot to mention that Crusoe's, the restaurant at Comfort Suites, also serves lunch and dinner at prices that are a bit higher than equivalent restaurants in the States, but much less than Atlantis' overpriced gourmet establishments.

We've done it twice, once though CS, once through the ship, and you really do want a full day. Most slides don't even open until 10, and the property is huge. We love the beach and enjoy the aquarium, so having only 3 hours would not work for us (plus, the first time, you need time to acclimate). It is not located next to the pier, we took a taxi, and got there in under 15 minutes. You can buy a beach pass, which gives you access to just the beach and the aquarium (no walking around the property), or just the aquarium.

Be sure to be back to the ship in good time. Last year when we returned from Atlantis, we stood in the lineup for customs at the pier for at least 40 minutes - huge lineup to get back on the ships. Ships leave without you - even as you're standing in the lineup waiting!

Oh good. Thanks again. I think next year's vacation will be a 5 or 6 day stay at Comfort Suites. We've been to Atlantis a few times before we had kids. We always vacation with our kids 9 and 14. Last year on a cruise we spent a day there and we think it was our best day on vacation we've ever had. We booked a cruise this year that re-visits Nassau from 8-5pm so we'll have another good long day. We can't get enough of that place!

Oh good. Thanks again. I think next year's vacation will be a 5 or 6 day stay at Comfort Suites. We've been to Atlantis a few times before we had kids. We always vacation with our kids 9 and 14.

That's just about the perfect age to enjoy the water-park, too. (When it comes to water-parks, I'm a 14-yr old at heart. :) )

Last year on a cruise we spent a day there and we think it was our best day on vacation we've ever had. We booked a cruise this year that re-visits Nassau from 8-5pm so we'll have another good long day. We can't get enough of that place!

I love it, too...but I think you might find that Atlantis and Aquaventure gets a little old after the second or third full day. I was lucky enough to have 3 hours at Atlantis after flying in the first day, and in that time I was able to ride everything that was open in Aquaventure. (It was a "bonus" afternoon...wasn't expecting to get there so fast.)

After my second full day at Atlantis I was ready to try something new, and I booked the snuba excursion through Blue Adventures via Atlantis. It was $96/pp, not a bad price for snuba, and was a great way to wrap up my third day. (The minimum age is 10 for it, but it involves a boat ride and two diving sites, one of which has a sunken shallow wreck.)

The nice thing about being at Atlantis for multiple days is that it minimizes the risk that stormy weather will ruin your plans. Last year there was a severe thunderstorm that closed the entire facility for about 3 hours. I was there for 3 nights so it didn't affect my enjoyment too much...but the cruise-ship day visitors were FURIOUS! --And they don't get refunds, either.