CRUISE REVIEW: The Eastern Med on the beautiful Celebrity Reflection - August 2015

Miaminice

THANK YOU for the kind replies!

This is what makes writing about our passion (aka addiction) for travel worth while.

Just finished writing about the next two days in Athens. We will translate the text tomorrow and then post the next part - so stay tuned :-)

Thanks again!

Oliver

Edited by Miaminice

The journey continues:

Let us take you to ancient Corinth, the magical Temple of Poseidon and to the city of Athens on this Sunday afternoon...

Start with the new parts:

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Reflection-Eastern-Med-01/Reflection-Eastern-Med-05/reflection-eastern-med-05.html

Start at day 1:

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Reflection-Eastern-Med-01/reflection-eastern-med-01.html

Please post if you like the review! :)

51-IMG_2569.jpg.7a49e2b736ac07e1b1f068074793d7ff.jpg

Edited by Miaminice

Enjoying your travelogue! The photos are some of the best I have ever seen. You have a very good eye. [emoji4] Your stories are equally good, with lyrical descriptions and insights to amplify the sense of anticipation for my upcoming visits to the same ports.

Wondering: what camera do you use ? ( as if...sigh)

And, how and why do you get photos without people? Do you wait or do you use the photoshop trick of multiple versions? Are there only tourists in the places you have visited? I enjoyed your observations about your day in downtown Athens!

Thank you, JenZ!

I use a Canon 70D DSLR and my wife has the small Panasonic Lumix TZ-71. I can really recommend the Lumix to everyone looking for a small camera.

As to pictures without people: patience does the trick :-)

I never use photoshop for it - I admit, I am too lazy for that ;-)

I am working on the next ports and they were just as nice. I apologize for posting the review piece by piece... previously I posted the reviews when they were complete. This time I just don't seem to find the time to write...

One word. Unbelievable. You are a genius. We did basically the same trip this year leaving 28th May on Reflection. Bringing back great memories for us. It was our first ever cruise, and can't wait for our next which we booked on the ship. We were in Aqua class as well. Can't believe how talented you are. Looking forward to the next instalment. Our friends are doing the same itinerary next year, so I'll be sure to show them your website.

NH

The next parts are online...

A city with 250,000 inhabitants. You think that´s nothing special?

Well, this one existed more than 2000 years ago...

Follow us to Ephesus and Rhodes...

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Reflection-Eastern-Med-01/Reflection-Eastern-Med-07/reflection-eastern-med-07.html

Start at day 1:

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Reflection-Eastern-Med-01/reflection-eastern-med-01.html

3Bq4xQI5C287dsWrh3SZuHE1yuMJSgaIZOfX8i99IjZvt2SHCKlw7buvxP5_PojxrrvamNItHEwvpiM24NjNvSHdB2ocxANaBRghwHos0BXxnc8EUq6iFVspmfD1mGpqUE2bOIXf8rH1s17_d7YLzmQ2vfyIIgc24SqKFEerIwrJQIR9ZqaM5IKTGh324k_-hfvG0zx-a48T3n71Dq1b7BUoIFyeMIm6LFjoxV9qw5nzeHXO0qUhtfFGYNH4SkswW3Dy0j9p0-gScl16-_GKkVZV8A_JmWb_jWQPGnmmpZyxSunpVXF3zxmtJy4jqd2vIiZVAMOt7jpH-wp2gVg3lAQ54f6A_LTzeJLmUVw71TmYQ4SDQ_jaYzrVvmB8Li_DOal9Adk3sUDqMUVaXrKUUo8yoeatBEYEvY27q-3zyvSe8iinaX6vqwz0LGLXnoYWZLEWdSaC2suFsk1-mWJM8P7pywwSE-n5XuQNH8khZt5lLtghiFedXf37gvx-DetguTaYDw0Q0_bWPh0puTj3hUq-aLSCj22DTK3e_0FQboPf=w985-h658-no

Edited by Miaminice

Hi fellow cruisers!

Usually I made it to post the continuation of our review on a weekend... and I am working on it - I promise :o

However, as every year the pre-christmas rush comes as a surprise and there are so many things to do that we just haven't had a chance to do before... lol

Sound familiar? ;)

Well, I promise the complete review will be online before we escape cold Europe and head to our second home for the holidays... I am trying to finish another part today.

Happy Weekend!

Oliver

A great ship, beautiful destinations, outstanding service and incredibly nice people – in short, a perfect cruise at the end of which we had the sad feeling of having to leave friends and family behind.

Besides the class of ship, one decisive factor was the route with an overnight in Istanbul – a city both of us really wanted to see. But only a few days prior to departure we got the news which we had come to expect in light of recent developments: For security reasons, Istanbul was cancelled.

Of course, this was a disappointement at first – especially when we saw that they had replaced the overnight in Istanbul with an overnight in Piraeus/Athens. Athens had already been part of our Holy Land cruise. Interesting, for sure, but nothing we would have chosen for an overnight stop. A consolation was the fact that they had added two additional ports: Rhodes, which we already liked a lot the year before, and Chania/Crete, which at least I didn’t know.

The heading says it already – the disappointment was short-lived and we thoroughly enjoyed the journey to the fullest. But first things first ...

Sit back relax and travel to the Eastern Med with us. The first days are online on our website:

Great review. Our upcoming cruise on the Constellation has had Istanbul removed and Rome and Kusadasi included instead. Your reviews have been very helpful and much appreciated. I have copied the relevant pages for future reference thank you very much

Oliver, just found your latest review yesterday and, as always, it's a Page-Turner.

Great detail and of course the photos are always evocative, Santorini being a stand-out.

Lawn Club Grill is something I will definitely try on my first X cruise on the Silhouette in January.

Great review-thank you!

Norris

Oliver, just found your latest review yesterday and, as always, it's a Page-Turner.

Great detail and of course the photos are always evocative, Santorini being a stand-out.

Lawn Club Grill is something I will definitely try on my first X cruise on the Silhouette in January.

Great review-thank you!

Norris

Hi Norris,

thank you!

Since I did not make it to post the last part of the review last weekend I am determined to do so today or tomorrow.

It will conclude the story of yet another fantastic cruise which we can recommend to all our fellow cruisers.

Oliver

All good things must come to an end...

Crete, a backstage tour of our ship and a trip into my past to the island of Ischia - the final pieces completing the puzzle of our beautiful journey.

Thank you for traveling with us. We hope you enjoyed it!

Start from day 1:

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Reflection-Eastern-Med-01/Reflection-Eastern-Med-09/reflection-eastern-med-09.html

4rUdrb4UD0Us-z4dHsSwAX0ysNfCyJkFzp_ERCHKAAVU_vl-uegluzeKtR-uveDC6sCHPpNn1tuU31yG-1Lu5n49eHrPfJJx-QgCMXEyCaP3Etx6ndfIVrJa_hp6ZUpzy-J199ooSWdaXrfRHQTJNKglD7yg-5xUc74caLglWGnRLgBO6fjZcmgFM4ctrO8rLHUqTh1Y0stTeMHx_YuEkDFYNbeztAyEGxgwk8JW6SXkRvaBfiSduqQL2da5nTenHORX4g9OcRNlrNt6nbDAk4g6LpQW9KKUU-OG45e9nRDTNLIcIYDBVZWJe0sApZLC4sL57cXLF1KY6PTHvONXHGzYSoGBNwQxAqAJWj4YrP7ZuZk3hLPbhTrWnrbXb5Nz1Vpv4uv_LUcshT2XuOCW-PBnif8xbxNYp9Iorgk4adXJOjp2hElYVH1hG9grb0sH3cX-zTZ2_EY9ZbwJlBQPPcJJ2AUHwxR9rQRyygjAV7vmIVpuXnEND81zIci-PdLdG1W-VEFxXEWy_Gi2Kd7lG1o7mdtYuuAkKEhWK-PSU5ECOb7Xx8byXRglkQ1sobJcBULtjw=w985-h370-no

Edited by Miaminice

My daughter and I are doing the same itinerary in August next year and I so enjoyed reading your travel journal. Your photos are incredible (made me want a new camera) and your descriptions are fabulous. I am so excited for our trip next year, it'll be a long wait but plenty of time to prepare I guess. Thank you.

All good things must come to an end...

Crete, a backstage tour of our ship and a trip into my past to the island of Ischia - the final pieces completing the puzzle of our beautiful journey.

Thank you for traveling with us. We hope you enjoyed it!

Oliver-another classic review. Thank you.

Can you tell me how one gets to do the ship's tour?

On Princess I go to Guest Services and sign up on boarding and it costs $150 (worth it!).

I'd like to do it on the Silhouette. Do I need to be Elite or Zenith or is it open to anyone who wants to spend the money?

Tchuss!

Norris

Wow!! That is surely one of the best written and illustrated reviews I've ever read. Bravo!

We were on the Reflection in the Med last year and visited all the same ports except for Crete. It really took me back, looking at your pictures and seeing many of the same things we saw.

We must do this again, soon. The greek Isles have my heart :)

We thought Naples itself was abysmal. Fortunately, we spent the bulk of our day there at Pompeii. Maybe next time we'll also enjoy your speed boat tour to the island. Bookmarking your review now so I can refresh my memory if we ever get to go back.

Thank you for taking the time to write up your review. I know it's time consuming.

Miaminice - amazing photos and review. We will be on this cruise next year for our honeymoon and your review has been incredibly helpful in our planning. I must ask, how did your wife get you the All Access Tour? My soon-to-be husband would love that.

Thanks for all your handwork - it is well worth it and very appreciated.