Cup of tea before bed

manchester lass

We usually cruise with P & O but have booked on Celebrity Solstice from Singapore to Australia. Is there any drinks stations where I can get hot water or will the cabin attandant supply a kettle.

How easy is it to get a cup of tea on the solstice.

Any infomation would be most welcome.

The Oceanview buffet drink stations are open 24 hours. I've always been able to get a cup of tea. You may also ask your room steward if there is a kettle for your room (this is about 50-50)

As others have posted, hot but not boiling water is available with teabags in the ocean view late in the evening. However, the variety of teabags does vary between cruises. Not all are popular with British passengers. If you are particular re your brand it may be a good idea to take your preferred brand with you. The tea available from Bacio though is far superior and they are open fairly late although not certain of exact hours. They do take away but there is a charge or included in the drinks package.

The Oceanview buffet drink stations are open 24 hours. I've always been able to get a cup of tea. You may also ask your room steward if there is a kettle for your room (this is about 50-50)

Kettles are placed in rooms when Eclipse sails from Southampton.

I asked for a kettle when we were in the Caribbean on Eclipse. I had a phone call from the Guest Relations manager, who told me that US passengers didn't want them. My reply was ' what about the 605 UK passengers on board?'

A kettle was delivered to my room later that day.

I usually take some decaff tea bags, for my bedtime tea, (no kettles on board sorry) I also take my own mug from home, pop to the buffet, and make my own, sometimes I also visit cafe al bacio for a posh one! The teas and coffees there are wonderful, and its a lovely place to sit and people watch. Solstice is really lovely, have a great cruise!

All of the ships have some kettles, only the Southampton cruises have them in your room.

We were able to get one on the Equinox in the Caribbean and will be asking for one on the Solstice next year.

The art is, as there are not unlimited numbers of kettles, do ask early in your cruise.

We are faddy about our tea bags and although our kettle has come with tea sugar milk...we always take our own.

Happy cruising...

On Silhouette, there is also the Tree House on Deck 7. I'm not sure of the hours, but I thought it was open all the time. There is a coffee machine that had a water dispenser. I agree about the teabags though. I'm from the US and I didn't find them good enough.

Beth

I really like the idea mentioned above of bringing one's own mug. I do bring my own Yogi Bedtime Tea bags. Hubby and I sit out back at the OceanView Cafe and star watch while we drink our bedtime tea. It is so relaxing. If I had my own mug, it is bigger than those at the buffet, so I could have more tea to drink.

On Silhouette, there is also the Tree House on Deck 7. I'm not sure of the hours, but I thought it was open all the time. There is a coffee machine that had a water dispenser. I agree about the teabags though. I'm from the US and I didn't find them good enough.

Beth

Yes I saw the coffee/tea station on Silhouette. I thought it was a great idea. Any one know if they were going to add the station to other Solstice ships?

Yes I saw the coffee/tea station on Silhouette. I thought it was a great idea. Any one know if they were going to add the station to other Solstice ships?

I would love this, the Solstice class are our favourite, but Celebrity seem to keep the same itineraries for the same ships, we would love to try new itineraries, but are loathe to be without the Hideaway etc. Would be great if they added to all S class, it could only be an enhancement surely? Such a nice area.

IMG_4846.jpg.bd1297bd9f5fc6b2b361e377012794bf.jpg