FYI Barbados Concorde Experience

SonarSonarSonar

FYI.

Just received an email letting us know that the Barbados Concorde Experience was canceled and is no longer offered for our HAL Prinsendam Cruise beginning November 24 from Lauderdale due to operational reasons.

"November 09, 2015

Dear Guest, Due to operational reasons, the Barbados Concorde Experience & Island Drive excursion in Bridgetown, Barbados will no longer be offered for your upcoming sailing. We have refunded your prepaid booking to the credit card used for the purchase. To view tour descriptions and pricing, please go to ....."

FYI.

Just received an email letting us know that the Barbados Concorde Experience was canceled and is no longer offered for our HAL Prinsendam Cruise beginning November 24 from Lauderdale due to operational reasons.

"November 09, 2015

Dear Guest, Due to operational reasons, the Barbados Concorde Experience & Island Drive excursion in Bridgetown, Barbados will no longer be offered for your upcoming sailing. We have refunded your prepaid booking to the credit card used for the purchase. To view tour descriptions and pricing, please go to ....."

That's too bad! Done it twice; interesting tour that lets you walk inside the main cabin from aft to the cockpit of Concorde G-BOAE/Alpha Echo. Hopefully, it's only a temporary shutdown of the interactive exhibit

That's too bad! Done it twice; interesting tour that lets you walk inside the main cabin from aft to the cockpit of Concorde G-BOAE/Alpha Echo. Hopefully, it's only a temporary shutdown of the interactive exhibit

That is awful, this was one of the BEST TOURS we have ever taken and we recommend it to everyone....

We have flown on the Concord -- that is even better.

Sadly they are gone -- their computer system couldn't be updated to todays standards.

The Air France Concorde accident on take-off at Paris also badly "hurt" the viability of those flights.

I'd like to see Concorde again when our Celebrity cruise in December 2016 has a Barbados overnight. In the late 1980s, I was a travel agent guest of British Airways and was invited by the chief steward to go to the cockpit, strap into the jump seat behind the Captain and wear headphones during our take-off from Dulles Airport and ascent until we reached Mach 2. Then I went back to my seat in the cabin, thrilled to have been chosen. One of my great life experiences. It pays to dress nicely when you fly!

I'd like to see Concorde again when our Celebrity cruise in December 2016 has a Barbados overnight. In the late 1980s, I was a travel agent guest of British Airways and was invited by the chief steward to go to the cockpit, strap into the jump seat behind the Captain and wear headphones during our take-off from Dulles Airport and ascent until we reached Mach 2. Then I went back to my seat in the cabin, thrilled to have been chosen. One of my great life experiences. It pays to dress nicely when you fly!

Awesome experience! Bet ya'll never forget that one :)

Holy crap that's awesome!

Wow.... my late DH would have flipped to be able to do that.

OP...... please let us know if the tour is still available but it is only that HAL no longer offers it.

Lucky you....what a thrill.

OP...... please let us know if the tour is still available but it is only that HAL no longer offers it.

sail 7

The email was from HAL and did not mention that it was completely gone, just that HAL was not offering it.

I suspect it's still going just have to get there on your own. Am checking that part out since we still want to do it.

Don't Know if cancelled because of HAL or the airport. Here's a link to the "Concorde Experience" website with their e-mail. My wife and I visited 3 years ago and took the local bus to and from the airport from downtown Bridgetown. Even the drive along the coast to the airport is worthwhile.

http://www.barbadosconcorde.com/

The Concorde Experience is alive and well according to the website. If you really want to do it I would get a cab and go. However, I would make sure there is not a special event there on the day you are scheduled to be in Barbados. It would be a shame to go all that way from the port only to find out that it is closed to the public.

Terri

Yes, I've also checked out their website and seems to still be going.

I've sent them an email asking about it, date and if reservations are required. If I don't hear back in a couple of days I'll give them a call.

Thanks for all the input it helped push me to go further on this.

I went to their Facebook page and noticed that for a number of weeks in October they were only open on Tuesdays and Saturdays for tours and the other days they were closed for private functions.

This is their email address if you wish to contact them and find out if they are open on the day you will be in Barbados:

info@barbadosconcorde.com

Hope this helps.

Terri

WOW! I bet you definitely enjoyed that flight!

David

We were in Barbados last week on Saturday. We took a cab to the concorde experience.

Was a nice exhibit and tour. The tickets you get look just like boarding passes. You can take alot of pictures also.

Did your taxi take you an island your as well? Or did you just go, see, find another cab back?

We actually "packed for a purpose" and had school supplies to deliver also. So I arranged with "carson tour and taxi" to pick us up and spend the day with us, so he took us and waited for us. It is a nice scenic ride to the airport. We paid $160 for 4 adults.

FYI: concorde experience is nice but on their website, they say "flight simulator". they told us they no longer have that available. :(

Enjoy your tour!!