Oasis Restaurants?????

Yes, because originally they were going to convert to dynamic dining, where all 3 dining rooms would be decorated differently and serve different food. That plan was scrapped a few months ago, but the redecorating had already taken place during dry dock.

No! You're joking! Really? First I've heard of it. :p

See my stealth edit above :p

HA!!

We noticed the signage too - for what it's worth we were talking to a member of the activity's staff and she mentioned that the signage throughout the ship initially referred to the "Rising Ride" Bar which caused the signage to have to be reordered. It's equally possible that the decision to not go through with the Wonderland renovation came after this reorder was placed and there just hasn't been a good opportunity to order/fix/replace all the signage throughout the ship.

Rising Ride, that's funny. People were certainly asking where is Wonderland, I imagine that happens each cruise. Seeing as how the Oasis drydock was months ago, they really should be replacing the signs. i can't imagine it would be that much work, and could be done by maintenance on turnaround day (no flames, I don't know much about the time it takes to replace signs!! :D)

HA!!

Rising Ride, that's funny. People were certainly asking where is Wonderland, I imagine that happens each cruise. Seeing as how the Oasis drydock was months ago, they really should be replacing the signs. i can't imagine it would be that much work, and could be done by maintenance on turnaround day (no flames, I don't know much about the time it takes to replace signs!! :D)

I agree on this one. Then again, you're talking at least two signs for each elevator lobby over 15 decks of ship and I can't remember if each elevator lobby had more than two signs - I imagine this might be low enough on the priority list or they'll assume most passengers who aren't Cruise Critics aren't looking too closely at the signs or are looking more closely as their Cruise Compasses, the Wayfinders, or the interactive TVs for info as to what dining options are onboard.

HA!!

The drydock was actually a year ago. We were booked in the end boardwalk balcony for our cruise last November but we got moved because the construction was not going to be done in time for our cruise.

Maybe the IT department is in charge of the signs.

Bill

The drydock was actually a year ago. We were booked in the end boardwalk balcony for our cruise last November but we got moved because the construction was not going to be done in time for our cruise.

Maybe the IT department is in charge of the signs.

Bill

Can't be. The signs are mostly useful. If it was the IT department they'd be providing directions to spots on Song of America.

• 2 weeks later...

Going on Oasis a week from now. What is Sabor?

Has anyone had dinner at the Solarium Bistro?

We were on the Allure several years ago but can hardly remember most of the dining venues. We went to the MDR, Windjammer, 150 Central, Chops Grille and Giovanni's. Looking to try something new.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you,.

KathyT

We were on the Allure several years ago but can hardly remember most of the dining venues. We went to the MDR, Windjammer, 150 Central, Chops Grille and Giovanni's. Looking to try something new.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you,.

KathyT

We enjoyed Solarium Bistro very much and ended up going twice:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/solariumbistro.pdf

That's correct, $20 is the published fee, but they were giving discounts on our cruise.

Thank you for the verification on the price for the solarium bistro Bob.

Last year on Oasis while waiting to get into the MDR they were asking people if they wanted to eat at Izumi as there was no wait. Didn't offer a discount though.

Bill

Thank you for the verification on the price for the solarium bistro Bob.

Last year on Oasis while waiting to get into the MDR they were asking people if they wanted to eat at Izumi as there was no wait. Didn't offer a discount though.

Bill

I think we ended up paying $15 per person, both nights. Well worth it. Service was outstanding, and the venue was very nice with a bit of an outside view.

The 150 Central park has some of the best sandwiches I thought.. We ate at Giovanni's and it was AMAZING I had some lamb chop and pasta omg it melted in my mouth. We also went to the sushi/hibachi place (dont remember the name) but it was very good as well. We did eat in the American Icon, Central Park 150, Windjammer, Solarium Buffet, and Johnny Rockets all were amazing! We did eat at the special restaurants more than the dining room though.

We highly enjoyed the Solarium Bistro last May during the night of embarkation day. It was nice to get out of the hustle and bustle of the excited people (We among them), that takes place during embarkation.

It allowed use to unwind early.

The food and service was great.

For our upcoming Allure cruise, I have Izumi sushi booked for embarkation. We enjoyed that later in the week during our Oasis, so I felt it would be a good embarkation restaurant on the Allure.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you,.

KathyT

Sabor is Royal's new Mexican concept. Great tableside guacamole, the box of sweets dessert is also amazing. Menu can be found here.

Sabor is Royal's new Mexican concept. Great tableside guacamole, the box of sweets dessert is also amazing. Menu can be found here.

Thank you. I had a look at the menu and that could be a nice alternative some evening. I appreciate the link to the menu.:)

KathyT

• 4 months later...
We enjoyed Solarium Bistro very much and ended up going twice:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/solariumbistro.pdf

Am I correct there is no longer a $20 fee for dinner in Solarium Bistro on Oasis? If correct, is the menu still the same, or has it been downgraded, so to speak, to reflect its new complimentary status?

Am I correct there is no longer a $20 fee for dinner in Solarium Bistro on Oasis? If correct, is the menu still the same, or has it been downgraded, so to speak, to reflect its new complimentary status?

Still a $20 fee on Oasis class. It was made complimentary on Anthem.