Oasis 11/7 trip report, Periscope?, and 12203 photos

h20skibum

Great review Mark! We are sailing on Allure in Feb., and we have a CP balcony cabin also! I was wondering if you have any photos showing the size of the balcony?

Also, if you are ever in Atlanta, there are a couple of places to get great authentic Cuban sandwiches :), however, not hockey anymore... :mad:

Thanks,

Harry

Great review Mark! We are sailing on Allure in Feb., and we have a CP balcony cabin also! I was wondering if you have any photos showing the size of the balcony?

Also, if you are ever in Atlanta, there are a couple of places to get great authentic Cuban sandwiches :), however, not hockey anymore... :mad:

Thanks,

Harry

Sorry, no pictures of the balcony from the cabin, but this is a blowup of a typical CP balcony. They have a small round table and two chairs.

23415423634_c2948627b3_c.jpg

Royal says the balcony size is 50 SF, or probably around 8'x6.25'. We were in one of the center ones, so we had about an extra 0.75 SF more than the ones on either side due to the rail curvature. Really let us spread out more.:)

Sometimes I wonder if we have hockey anymore, the way the Pens are playing. Oh well, maybe they will start the new year better. My Saturday plans --->

23961383671_bb4d2091d0_c.jpg

Thanks, that pic was exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully you didn't get any sideways looks when you were taking photos across to the other balconies. :)

After having the Thrashers in town for over 10 years then flee to Winnipeg, I would take the Pens over nothing any day - I'm jealous of your Saturday plans!

Sorry, no pictures of the balcony from the cabin, but this is a blowup of a typical CP balcony. They have a small round table and two chairs.

23415423634_c2948627b3_c.jpg

Royal says the balcony size is 50 SF, or probably around 8'x6.25'. We were in one of the center ones, so we had about an extra 0.75 SF more than the ones on either side due to the rail curvature. Really let us spread out more.:)

Sometimes I wonder if we have hockey anymore, the way the Pens are playing. Oh well, maybe they will start the new year better. My Saturday plans --->

23961383671_bb4d2091d0_c.jpg

Love your spreadsheet idea! Would you be willing to email it to me? Then I can fill in my own events! StorkRN@comcast.net

We sail in April! A BIG group of 55 cabins! Family, friends, friends of friends, etc. It's gonna be fun!!!

Planning for Oasis is not like other ships. I had previously sailed the Allure, so I knew to book all of our shows in advance. As a detail planner, I scoured Cruise Critic for previous Cruise Compass copies of the western itinerary. Studying these, I set up a preliminary schedule in a spreadsheet.

19334897423_a2ac888325_c.jpg

I do not rigidly adhere to a schedule, but setting up one gives me an idea of when I want to book shows when they are available for booking, plus other events I want to attend. If you like to plan things out, just be prepared to change. More on this later.

Next - packing tips

Love your spreadsheet idea! Would you be willing to email it to me? Then I can fill in my own events! StorkRN@comcast.net

We sail in April! A BIG group of 55 cabins! Family, friends, friends of friends, etc. It's gonna be fun!!!

Nicole,

The spreadsheet is on it's way to you. It will come from my slotpull email account.

It sounds like you will have quite a group. There is plenty to do on the Oasis.

Enjoy your cruise.

Planning for Oasis is not like other ships. I had previously sailed the Allure, so I knew to book all of our shows in advance. As a detail planner, I scoured Cruise Critic for previous Cruise Compass copies of the western itinerary. Studying these, I set up a preliminary schedule in a spreadsheet.

I do not rigidly adhere to a schedule, but setting up one gives me an idea of when I want to book shows when they are available for booking, plus other events I want to attend. If you like to plan things out, just be prepared to change. More on this later.

Next - packing tips

Love this....I made a similar sheet when we sailed on the Allure. We are now planing for an Oasis sailing in Oct where we got a "dirt cheap" deal too!

Love this....I made a similar sheet when we sailed on the Allure. We are now planing for an Oasis sailing in Oct where we got a "dirt cheap" deal too!

Gotta love those dirt cheap deals. They are just getting harder to find now.

Maybe when Royal has a real sale.:)

Enjoy your cruise.

Is it cold around the ship? are passengers wearing sweaters?

(we're going tomorrow and packing now!)

My wife typically wears a sweater in the theater, but is OK elsewhere.

Edited by clarea

Is it cold around the ship? are passengers wearing sweaters?

(we're going tomorrow and packing now!)

Not cold around the ship for us, but we are use to colder temperatures. Still wearing just a t-shirt and sweatpants on our trip to the gym each morning. But then, it has only been in the low 30's.

Sometimes the theatre and the ice rink may be a little cooler if you are not use to it. If you need a sweater in air conditioning where you are, you may want to take a light wrap.

Next - packing tips

This is exactly what I do!

[emoji4][emoji4]

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I just booked our first cruise (sad but true) for our anniversary. This review has given me much entertainment and even more helpful tips and things to consider.

Wanted to say Thanks and great job!!!!

Thanks so much, and welcome to cruise critic. You picked a great ship for your first cruise, and it will probably spoil you.

Be sure to join your roll call. There will probably be plenty of veteran cruisers there to answer any questions. Be sure to book your entertainment early, especially the comedy show.

Enjoy your cruise.

I thoroughly enjoyed your review every one I read offers a different view of the cruise.

Question: if the hot dog place doesn't offer a chili topping, how about cole slaw? Or is it strictly mustard, ketchup, onions and pickle relish. Sometimes I just need a good hot dog.

I thoroughly enjoyed your review every one I read offers a different view of the cruise.

Question: if the hot dog place doesn't offer a chili topping, how about cole slaw? Or is it strictly mustard, ketchup, onions and pickle relish. Sometimes I just need a good hot dog.

No coleslaw. They have mayo, ketchup, mustard, relish, sauerkraut, peppers and onions.

Typically, USB ports on a TV receive power, so USB chargers could be plugged in to charge devices. The service port accepts a USB charger cable. May come in handy if you run low on outlets.

Can you explain for an old lady please?

The Service port on a TV is meant for Firmware Updates and for trained Technicians, etc to work on it. At the end of the day, it's a USB port that will emit power and charge a device :).