Two Haven Rooms - Can we just use one room?

Willowmina

We were offered an upgrade of our two mini-suite rooms to Haven Rooms. In order to avoid cancellation fees, etc. we booked two Haven Rooms (I know totally nuts). . . .An H9 (Haven Spa Suite) and an H4 (2 Bedroom Suite). We would have only booked an H4, but they couldn't put all of us in one room - because we are too close to the sail date & again fees.

So my question is, since both rooms are Haven rooms with full access, is there any problem with all of just staying in the H4? Me, DH, DD(12) & DD(10).

Thank you in advance for your response!

They don't care where you sleep. As long as you all have Haven access, you can work it out however you want. Lot's of money for not using the space though. Are you saying they would not let you put 4 people in the 2 bedroom suite? Doesn't make sense to me. Why two cabins for four people? However, the names you put on the reservation for the Spa suite are the only ones that will get spa access.

Edited by rvsullivan

Thank you. It really doesn't make any sense.

I had booked two adjoining mini-suites, but deep down having stayed in the Haven before, I was hoping to upgrade.

The thing I didn't realize, is you can't just change a booking from two rooms to one (even if you are upgrading). Seems like it would be easy, but NCL sees one as a cancellation. Which I now totally understand.

In order to get everyone in the Haven, I had no choice but to book two Haven rooms.

Only I will be getting the spa access - since I will technically be booked in the spa room with my DD(12). Might be a nice place to escape from hubby & the girls!

Thanks for setting my mind at ease. I was starting to panic that we wouldn't all be able to sleep in the same room!

Looking forward to a great cruise!

Thank you. It really doesn't make any sense.

I had booked two adjoining mini-suites, but deep down having stayed in the Haven before, I was hoping to upgrade.

The thing I didn't realize, is you can't just change a booking from two rooms to one (even if you are upgrading). Seems like it would be easy, but NCL sees one as a cancellation. Which I now totally understand.

In order to get everyone in the Haven, I had no choice but to book two Haven rooms.

Only I will be getting the spa access - since I will technically be booked in the spa room with my DD(12). Might be a nice place to escape from hubby & the girls!

Thanks for setting my mind at ease. I was starting to panic that we wouldn't all be able to sleep in the same room!

Looking forward to a great cruise!

Be sure you let your steward(s) know about those sleeping arrangements.

Along similar lines... we'll be a party of 4 in an inside cabin on the Escape. Are we allowed to set the kids up with blankets in a public restroom stall so we'll have more room to spread out? Alternatively, I was thinking we could leave them up on deck 17 with sleeping bags, as everyone will just assume they're camped out in line for Margaritaville.

Along similar lines... we'll be a party of 4 in an inside cabin on the Escape. Are we allowed to set the kids up with blankets in a public restroom stall so we'll have more room to spread out? Alternatively, I was thinking we could leave them up on deck 17 with sleeping bags, as everyone will just assume they're camped out in line for Margaritaville.

@TheDougOut - LOL!!! Great response! But I'm thinking the kids might get cold sleeping out on deck 17!

We were offered an upgrade of our two mini-suite rooms to Haven Rooms. In order to avoid cancellation fees, etc. we booked two Haven Rooms (I know totally nuts). . . .An H9 (Haven Spa Suite) and an H4 (2 Bedroom Suite). We would have only booked an H4, but they couldn't put all of us in one room - because we are too close to the sail date & again fees.

So my question is, since both rooms are Haven rooms with full access, is there any problem with all of just staying in the H4? Me, DH, DD(12) & DD(10).

Alternatively, it would seem you could add a third and fourth guest to your two bedroom suite for a minimal cost - and they would be able to sleep in their own Haven spa suite (while you could maintain the spa access). I am sure this could work to everyone's mutual advantage. Know two people who like to cruise?

So,,, the H4 is more than enough space for the 4 of you,,,, two bed rooms, two bath rooms, and a living room. Depending on the ship, the second bedroom has a pull out queen bed and a drop down upper bunk. The H9 is a bed in the middle of a room with a Jacuzzi in the middle of the room. Your daughters may be getting more sensitive about being unclothed in front of each other.

And depending on the ship, the H9 will not be inside the main Haven complex (since the rooms are next to the Spa).

Just remember that you will have two butlers and two room stewards all competing for your attention.

I just wondering,

Could you have just upgrad d one room to the 2 bedroom and kept the other mini suite and then all slept in the haven room?

But then I guess 2 of you wouldn't get the haven perks

This was my first thought and just like you said 2 people would be without haven and i am sure as a family traveling together they would not want to do that

I understand that technically it is cancelling one room if you combine two on the upgrade, but it seems silly on NCL's part. If they allow you all to upgrade to one room, they would free up 2 rooms that they can re-sell. They can then also upgrade another cabin, freeing up a third room to re-sell. An presumably, the upgrade price for the H4 is more than the H9, so why not take the higher upgrade fee from all 4 pax for just one room? Why on earth would they want to dig their heels in on this? Did you push at all to see if you could simply take the one room?

I understand that technically it is cancelling one room if you combine two on the upgrade, but it seems silly on NCL's part. If they allow you all to upgrade to one room, they would free up 2 rooms that they can re-sell. They can then also upgrade another cabin, freeing up a third room to re-sell. An presumably, the upgrade price for the H4 is more than the H9, so why not take the higher upgrade fee from all 4 pax for just one room? Why on earth would they want to dig their heels in on this? Did you push at all to see if you could simply take the one room?

Yah I would think they would be ok with it and i would point out that if they let you combine then they can resell that room but if they do that they need to give you some OBC or something since they are going to get 1000's of dollars for the room on top of the 1000's you already paid

Edited by bnorris10

I understand that technically it is cancelling one room if you combine two on the upgrade, but it seems silly on NCL's part.

Might seem silly but it is the standard procedure with NCL (and to my understanding, at least some other cruise lines too) - a reservation is a reservation and if it gets cancelled, there are fees for doing that.

If you look it from another perspective, one could have booked two cheapest insides (2pax each, just like OP) and then decide to upgrade everyone to one family balcony once the prices dropped - allowing that would possibly mean that cruise line would actually lose money when losing the another reservation alltogether.

They need and want to have same procedures and rules for everyone.

Yah I would think they would be ok with it and i would point out that if they let you combine then they can resell that room but if they do that they need to give you some OBC or something since they are going to get 1000's of dollars for the room on top of the 1000's you already paid

I think that asking for additional OBC is a bit much.

Might seem silly but it is the standard procedure with NCL (and to my understanding, at least some other cruise lines too) - a reservation is a reservation and if it gets cancelled, there are fees for doing that.

If you look it from another perspective, one could have booked two cheapest insides (2pax each, just like OP) and then decide to upgrade everyone to one family balcony once the prices dropped - allowing that would possibly mean that cruise line would actually lose money when losing the another reservation alltogether.

They need and want to have same procedures and rules for everyone.

I understand the need to have consistency of procedures, but I do think there is a distinction between OPs case and your example. OP wasn't just upgrading due to price drops. OP received an offer to upgrade. Given that the category of suite (H4) is designed to hold more people than the original category booked (5 or 6 vs. the 3 or 4 in a minisuite), it would seem reasonable to consolidate into that one room. Isn't the whole point of the H4 that you have enough room not to have to book multiple rooms? Of course, these are fine lines. The more I think about it, OP may come out ahead with the 2 suites since they also get spa access with the H9, so this may be more NCLs loss than the OPs. Seems like such a waste of a perfectly good suite, though! I'll bet there is another cabin that would be dying to take that upgrade offer! In any event, congrats to the OP on the suite upgrade and enjoy what is sure to be a fantastic cruise!

Alternatively, it would seem you could add a third and fourth guest to your two bedroom suite for a minimal cost - and they would be able to sleep in their own Haven spa suite (while you could maintain the spa access). I am sure this could work to everyone's mutual advantage. Know two people who like to cruise?

I wonder how much would it be to go with this scheme.. I mean at the very least you can recoup the upgrade costs of the second unit. Assuming this is Nov 22-29 Thanksgiving weekend.. I think you can find someone willing to take this quickly... or PM me.. haha.

I think that asking for additional OBC is a bit much.

Why would it be ... If they already got full price for your room because you paid it and you cancel and get no refund so that you all can be in the same room then they turn around and sell that room again not only did they get the amount from you but now they are getting double the amount - So a little OBC throw towards them is not asking for to much

Let's use these fake scenario

Room Cost $1000

They keep it and don't use it

Guest is out $1000

NCL out nothing since the room is paid for

Guest cancels gets nothing returned

Guest is out $1000

But NCL sells the room again for another $1000

so now NCL has gotten $2000 for the room that costs $1000

So throwing the original guest a couple hundred bucks in OBC is not gonna kill them they are still up ahead rather then letting the room sit empty

Why would it be ... If they already got full price for your room because you paid it and you cancel and get no refund so that you all can be in the same room then they turn around and sell that room again not only did they get the amount from you but now they are getting double the amount - So a little OBC throw towards them is not asking for to much

Let's use these fake scenario

Room Cost $1000

They keep it and don't use it

Guest is out $1000

NCL out nothing since the room is paid for

Guest cancels gets nothing returned

Guest is out $1000

But NCL sells the room again for another $1000

so now NCL has gotten $2000 for the room that costs $1000

So throwing the original guest a couple hundred bucks in OBC is not gonna kill them they are still up ahead rather then letting the room sit empty

You are not factoring in the cost of the suite upgrade. If the two mini suites are $1100 per person, that is approx $4400. If the H4 for 4 people is $2500 pp for 4 people, that is a $10k value. Even if they are paying upgrade costs of $1000 pp, they are still coming out ahead, so asking for OBC on top of that seems a bit much in this situation. That said, it's just my opinion, and I suppose it never hurts to ask.

This!!!

Or you can find somebody on your roll call who staying in an H4 with four adults. I am sure that the two adults would be willing to pay to stay in your spa suite. You get some money back and they get to stay in a bigger room. Since they already have access to the Haven, moving will not be a big deal.

Or you can find somebody on your roll call who staying in an H4 with four adults. I am sure that the two adults would be willing to pay to stay in your spa suite. You get some money back and they get to stay in a bigger room. Since they already have access to the Haven, moving will not be a big deal.

I doubt that somebody would find strangers to stay in a suite that the other passengers also have the access to. At least I wouldn't.