Aqua passengers - Is Blu less crowded now that Luminae is open?

chamima

Luminaes breakfast offerings disappoint compared to Blu. Therefore based on the current menus I would expect to breakfast in Blu but that will be all. If however they improve Luminaes breakfast choice (eg table side muesli) we would not use Blu (only to free up a table, not because we do not like

We disembarked Millennium a week and a half ago and there was no table side muesli. When I inquired I found out from the Food and Beverage Manager that the carts they were using did not meet US inspection so they have been removed from all ships and are in the process of being redesigned.

Edited by Jade13

We disembarked Millennium a week and a half ago and there was no table side muesli. When I inquired I found out from the Food and Beverage Manager that the carts they were using did not meet US inspection so they have been removed from all ships and are in the process of being redesigned.

I wish I could believe that but in light of all of the other cutbacks my gut tells me that the Muesli took too much staff time. :(

Time will tell..............

I have to admit that having someone assemble your breakfast cereal 'table-side' for you seems like poor use of limited staff resources.

I understand something like bananas foster, or having a lobster shelled for you, but this one has always seemed very ... random ... to me.

Edited by perditax

The Government of the United States of America is inspecting carts? Every day a new surprise and a new low.

Actually, this always seemed pretentious to me. Once, my DW said to the waitress, "Don't bother dragging out the cart, just throw some stuff in a bowl and I'll be happy" Uh-uh. Out came the cart

Edited by BosoxI

Wow... the US govt has an interest in the cereal carts.....can't think of what the problem was!

While the fresh made cereal is much better than when it sits around in the buffet or AQ cafe, I preferred to do it myself anyhow, and feel sily having someone do it for me.

Luminaes breakfast offerings disappoint compared to Blu. Therefore based on the current menus I would expect to breakfast in Blu but that will be all. If however they improve Luminaes breakfast choice (eg table side muesli) we would not use Blu (only to free up a table, not because we do not like it)

Evenings we might use Blu once to dine with others who are in Aqus otherwise, well last cruise when there were problems getting tables in Luminae they suggested if we wanted to avoid the wait to go to Blu, but I think that was a logistical issue. It's one that has been reported here before re Luminae and something X has to sort out

Besides the table side muesli what else in on the Blu breakfast menu that is not on the Luminae menu?

I thought the Luminae breakfast menu actually had more choices and the pastries were amazing. Of course I did not dine in Blu this time and I am only going by memory. It would seem very strange to me that the Blu breakfast menu would be superior to the Luminae menu. This certainly is not true for dinner IMO.

I will have to try the Blu one day for breakfast next cruise to see if I agree and to test my recollection.

Besides the table side muesli what else in on the Blu breakfast menu that is not on the Luminae menu?

I thought the Luminae breakfast menu actually had more choices and the pastries were amazing. Of course I did not dine in Blu this time and I am only going by memory. It would seem very strange to me that the Blu breakfast menu would be superior to the Luminae menu. This certainly is not true for dinner IMO.

I will have to try the Blu one day for breakfast next cruise to see if I agree and to test my recollection.

It was the muesli that was the main thing plus service was much quicker. Luminae was way too slow. Because of allergies, it is so nice to be able to have muesli prepared for you, so you can be sure that our allergy issues are looked after. Cannot have it otherwise

Edited by uktog

It was the muesli that was the main thing plus service was much quicker. Luminae was way too slow. Because of allergies, it is so nice to be able to have muesli prepared for you, so you can be sure that our allergy issues are looked after. Cannot have it otherwise

Thanks. I do not have the muesli, so that may be why I have a different opinion. I am still going to try it next time.