norwegian epic dining options

jufrasin

Sailing on the epic from barcelona next week. Can anyone tell me which dining options are free and which you have to pay for? I heard there was a chinese/thai resteraunt on board. Is this subject to cover charges? Thanks in advance

Complementary: Manhattan (Main MDR), Taste ( More casual MDR), Garden Cafe (Buffet), Shanghai (Asian Style)

Speciality: Teppanyaki, Moderno, Le Bistro (my favourite), Cagneys, La Cucina

Also complimentary is O'Sheehan's.

Are speciality restaurants only open in evening? How soon before cruise can you book tables?

1. In general, yes.

2. 90 days before (100 days when in a real suite, specifically categories starting with S or H).

Edited by Demonyte

I was on the Epic in October, out of Barcelona; and the dining options people have adequately covered above, and I will add this exept perhaps in the specialty restaurants you will not receive any of the hot meals hot. It is a sad statement for people who enjoy food to be served as it is intended, but that will be you experience. You will never hear, "be careful the plate is hot," because it never is.

I was on the Epic in October, out of Barcelona; and the dining options people have adequately covered above, and I will add this exept perhaps in the specialty restaurants you will not receive any of the hot meals hot. It is a sad statement for people who enjoy food to be served as it is intended, but that will be you experience. You will never hear, "be careful the plate is hot," because it never is.

This is one of those things where each and every experience on various days and sailings can vary greatly, for obvious reasons. My most recent cruise, if I wanted a hot meal, I needed to dine in the MDR. The food I received in the specialty restaurants was lukewarm at best (with the exception of Teppanyaki).

We were also on the Epic in October. The only poor meal we had was in Shanghai. Taste was very good. Did not eat in the Manhattan Room. Le Bistro and Cagneys were excellent. O'Sheehans for breakfast was ok. Buffet food was good but getting seated was a nightmare.

We were also on the Epic in October. The only poor meal we had was in Shanghai. Taste was very good. Did not eat in the Manhattan Room. Le Bistro and Cagneys were excellent. O'Sheehans for breakfast was ok. Buffet food was good but getting seated was a nightmare.

Glad to hear this. We are booked at Cagneys and le Bistro on our 12/19 cruise. Did you try Taste for breakfast?

Shanghai is split into a Chinese restaurant with table service, and a noodle bar, so be sure to tell them which one you want at the welcome podium. Both complimentary. They open for lunch on sea days.

Also not mentioned so far are the lunch buffets in Moderno (we had Indian and Mexican themes on our cruise) and at Spice H2O, on sea days. They also put on a breakfast buffet in Moderno, but again only on sea days.

Glad to hear this. We are booked at Cagneys and le Bistro on our 12/19 cruise. Did you try Taste for breakfast?

No we didn't. We planned to but just never got round to it. Wish we'd known about the lunches Moderno.

Edited by sandancer