On Reflection - Michales now open to everyone

andnosyd

You will have access to Michaels Club and they server free drinks all day/evening. We were in a CS last month and found that it was empty or close to empty most of the time. I would get drinks for my wife and I take them to go in the evenings when we wanted a nice drink in our room, it was quicker than waiting at some of the bars when it was busy.

Hi

Taking our first Celebrity trip in January. We are in a CS and understand we will have access to Michael's Club. I'm confused (it doesn't take much ;) about which suites get 'free' alcohol and when in MC.

Many thanks.

Everyone with access gets the bar service at this time.

I previously posted Dec. 13 Eclipse would get MC but this has now shifted to the following cruise.

Hi

Taking our first Celebrity trip in January. We are in a CS and understand we will have access to Michael's Club. I'm confused (it doesn't take much ;) about which suites get 'free' alcohol and when in MC.

Many thanks.

in MC all suites get free alcohol.

RS and above also get free beverage package to use throughout the ship.

Seems like everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax a little.

Michaels Club used to be open to Elite and above. I always wanted to go but could not.

Then X turned it into a Zenith and top suite perk. Got this one once and observed it was strange to have such a lovely area that about 95% of the time was absolutely empty.

Now it is open to all the suite guests and there are lots of people at times. Certainly is true that people do try out something a couple times when it is new and going by to pick up you free drink makes sense.

Where do we go from here? Who knows. I do know that X is bumbling through an attempt to figure out what it is and is not. It would like higher fares, but so many new ships coming on line makes this unlikely. The stratification of passengers has created the ugly situation like this thread. I could probably afford a suite, but found I was more comfortable dining with friends in the MDR than in Luminae. An Elite and a couple glasses of wine is all I ever want for an evening. Certainly wish people could express their thoughts in a more positive manner instead of complaining about cabins, lack of promotions and pricing.

The one thing I do know is X will weight anchor with 95% occupancy. If people book all those cabins at listed prices there will be few if any promotions and high prices. If people cancel or do not book then prices will drop and promotions will abound.

Seems like everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax a little.

Michaels Club used to be open to Elite and above. I always wanted to go but could not.

Then X turned it into a Zenith and top suite perk. Got this one once and observed it was strange to have such a lovely area that about 95% of the time was absolutely empty.

Now it is open to all the suite guests and there are lots of people at times. Certainly is true that people do try out something a couple times when it is new and going by to pick up you free drink makes sense.

Where do we go from here? Who knows. I do know that X is bumbling through an attempt to figure out what it is and is not. It would like higher fares, but so many new ships coming on line makes this unlikely. The stratification of passengers has created the ugly situation like this thread. I could probably afford a suite, but found I was more comfortable dining with friends in the MDR than in Luminae. An Elite and a couple glasses of wine is all I ever want for an evening. Certainly wish people could express their thoughts in a more positive manner instead of complaining about cabins, lack of promotions and pricing.

The one thing I do know is X will weight anchor with 95% occupancy. If people book all those cabins at listed prices there will be few if any promotions and high prices. If people cancel or do not book then prices will drop and promotions will abound.

Actually, Michael's used to be open to everybody. They did use it as overflow for the Elite Function between 5-7pm, but after that, it was open to everyone.

Then it was closed and opened only to the higher suites. Since it was not very well utilized (similar to Cellar Masters), they now opened it to all Suites.

Loved Michael's on the M-Class.

From our own experience it makes sense. It was a toss up between Celler Masters and Michael's on who would have the least number of people in it on our cruise. Really Celebrity need to look at certain areas of the ship and I would include the World Class Bar in that which just serves a limited number of drinks that hardly anyone wants most days.

Don't even think of taking the World Bar from us mere mortals not in suites! It is by far the best bar with the best drinks on the ship! Keep MC you're not getting the World Bar too!:p

Don't even think of taking the World Bar from us mere mortals not in suites! It is by far the best bar with the best drinks on the ship! Keep MC you're not getting the World Bar too!:p
I, Donald J Suite-Guest, already own the World Bar. Rif raf have been barely tolerated to date, dont try my patience.