Gold Card and/or C&A Status on Seapass Card

tangogulf

On our first cruise some years ago with a gold card we were C&A first level gold status. I think the concierge was more intrigued than we were. Her words " this gold card 'trumps' almost every one else on the ship, it's better than diamond and diamond plus". She talked about theater shows, ice show, suite area for luggage retrieval and suite line for customs and immigration at disembarkation.

As for service, it has made absolutely no difference at bars, etc.Service should be color and status blind.

We think the best part of the gold card is order off a menu for breakfast and lunch in Chops, on those ships that have Chops. Diamonds and pinnacles can't do that unless they are in a GS or above. Also Barefoot Beach Club on Labadee for gold cards only.

The only difference is perks that are paid for by being in the suite group.

Pinnacles have a gold card and can partake of breakfast and lunch in Chops.

Perhaps you meant to say "D and D+ can't do that unless they are in a GS or above."

I am not offended, I could careless. I just said I dont do it cause I find it tacky. I dont care what others do.

Tacky? You mean kinda like putting the type of suites on your past cruise list on each post?

Edited by Mythbuster

Tacky? You mean kinda like putting the type of suites on your past cruise list on each post?

Can't review the cabin numbers and include them in sig for people to find information or contact you with specifc questions regarding cabin, without being tacky?

Alert everyone that posts reviews on CC immediately!

I've never seen anyone use a landyard with a gold card. That is just tacky and pretenious.

I've considered a lanyard for the beach but I've always found other places to put my seapass card (beach bag, waterproff money holder etc.), so there is no need for a lanyard, unless you are trying to show off.

Showing off like listing all cruises you/we have been on in our signatures? Just sayin~

Showing off like listing all cruises you/we have been on in our signatures? Just sayin~

Don't consider that tacky or showing off at all, think its a good conversation starter when you see a cruise someone was on that you were also on, or one that you both will be on. Like a post roll call.

Don't consider that tacky or showing off at all, think its a good conversation starter when you see a cruise someone was on that you were also on, or one that you both will be on. Like a post roll call.

Ok, staying with your conversation starter...I am wearing a lanyard with my gold card and someone says "Hey why is your card gold?"

I say: "Because I am in a suite"

They say: "Oh, I wondered if it was worth the extra money"

I say: "I like it let me tell you about my experiences..."

And there you have it, a conversation starter!!

I really think lanyards are very convenient on sail days and have never had a negative comment, sneer or evil eye because I was wearing it.

Ok, staying with your conversation starter...I am wearing a lanyard with my gold card and someone says "Hey why is your card gold?"

I say: "Because I am in a suite"

They say: "Oh, I wondered if it was worth the extra money"

I say: "I like it let me tell you about my experiences..."

And there you have it, a conversation starter!!

I really think lanyards are very convenient on sail days and have never had a negative comment, sneer or evil eye because I was wearing it.

Agreed, Id ask you how the CL is if I saw your gold card on lanyard and I was on a ship whose CL I've never been in (Radiance Class).

That's why I said I don't wear lanyards but I don't mind anyone else wearing them in my posts.

Agreed, Id ask you how the CL is if I saw your gold card on lanyard and I was on a ship whose CL I've never been in (Radiance Class).

That's why I said I don't wear lanyards but I don't mind anyone else wearing them in my posts.

Ok, then my question is why is it "tacky" for you to wear your gold card in a lanyard but it is not tacky for anyone else to wear it? Or do you still consider it tacky if someone else wears it but you don't mind if they are being tacky?

I dont like the way it looks for myself, I cant explain it, plus I dont like drawing any extra attention to myself anywhere in my everyday life.

I dont care what anyone else does, thats why I dont think they are being tacky, because I dont even take the time analyize it.

Just tacky for me to wear one. I dont think its tacky if a pinnacle wears a lanyard with gold card, pinnacle pin and a robe all day

I do, at least the robe part.:eek:

I have some really pretty lanyards. A friend made one for me and I've made a few since then, glass or wooden beads and such. The card may face outward or not - I don't pay attention to which way it hangs. I've never had a comment on one.

As for the original question, I've never seen a difference in the level of service we've received in the years we've been cruising on RCI other than being invited to special events as Pinnacles and/or full suite passengers. Those events have ranged from the mundane to the fabulous. But day to day service has nearly always been friendly and impeccable since the time we were new to the line in 1995.

I guess these days since in my day to day work I always wear a lanyard with my security I'd everyday when I'm in the office, wearing a lanyard with my Seapass card on the ship just doesn't worry me. I'm sure lots of other people are in the same situation.

Some how my DH & I are gold status. we don't have a card though. RCC said they don't give cards out anymore. What does being GOLD get you on the Allure? This trip we'll be staying in a superior ocean balcony unless I can get upgraded to JS.

This thread is taling about gold colored SeaPass cards, which are given to guests in Grand Suites or better, and Pinnacle level C&A members.

You are referrring to the Gold level in Crown & Anchor which is much different. You would get a set of coupons on board Allure, see Patti's list here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045047

Some how my DH & I are gold status. we don't have a card though. RCC said they don't give cards out anymore. What does being GOLD get you on the Allure? This trip we'll be staying in a superior ocean balcony unless I can get upgraded to JS.

This is why I suggested earlier in the thread about changing the colour of the suite and Pinnacle card colour not to be the same as a C&A level. It would help in alleviating any accidental confusion. Perhaps black??

This is why I suggested earlier in the thread about changing the colour of the suite and Pinnacle card colour not to be the same as a C&A level. It would help in alleviating any accidental confusion. Perhaps black??

Yeah make similar to the Amex Centurion color layout. No more confusion

Yeah make similar to the Amex Centurion color layout. No more confusion

I don't know if black would be the right colour, but red would stand out even more for the wrong reasons. With the levels of C&A having "matching" colours it could be hard to find an appropriate colour.

I just feel for the crew having to explain numerous times to newer cruisers the difference between the Gold Card sitting areas VS having a gold C&A status.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Changing the Gold C&A level to something like Silver should alleviate any confusion.....

Agree with the concept, but the JS card is silver. You don't get anything for having a silver SeaPass card, but it would still generate confusion.

Changing the Gold C&A level to something like Silver should alleviate any confusion.

Much easier than changing the color of the card which everyone has come to know.

Agree with the concept, but the JS card is silver. You don't get anything for having a silver SeaPass card, but it would still generate confusion.

I agree on the silver level and judging by past posts here, I'd say most people in a JS don't even realize they have a different colored card. It would be a lot less confusion if any than changing the gold cards.